29 druid, sucks?

i tried that without BoA and travel form and it didnt work.

in 39 it is a huge fun (in BGs) though.

you can not access insect swarm, so you can only MFdot + wrath spam. not a bad idea if you can reach a reghut every now and then^^

1v1 should still be a hard time.

against a poorly equipped retadin (like mine) balance 29 druids can easily outheal and overcome. use your feral shifts to kite when necessary, and nuke when the bubble fades

a pala can be a hard fight, rogues shouldnt be much of a problem, priests will be a pure pain (but perhaps with some luck doable), warriors are kiteable, hunters might be possible with a lot of corner work and moonfire only, locks maybe...but I think they will own a druid possibly the most. mages are hard as well, given that they will interrupt the right spell that is.

Used to be very viable back when you could get insect swarm, 1v1 and in WSG.

Now it's better to spec resto for the Mp5 talents and gear spellpower, int, spirit.

[char=eu-Boulderfist]Wuff[/char]

^^ Would be a good starting point, but i know he's not current anymore, what with BoA and enchant / profession changes.

Shamans and priests will destroy you, so should locks. Most other classes you can beat, but it wont be easy. Except warriors. Poor things.

GL.

cologne said:
a nice char you got there. can you explain talentchoices? furor, you need for instabash?

Exactly, and for insta-dash - That was pre travelform though, so perhaps you don't need such escape mechanisms. Still important to have a spell interrupt other than warstomp, especially in arena.

You don't need spellpushback resistance, as you try not to tank damage as a druid - Your supposed to be mobile enough to avoid it... HoTs, travelform and fast Healing Touch keeps you popping up all over the place...

You really need Intensity imo, otherwise you end up an oomkin... Omen of clarity is a bonus.

The other way to gear a druid is full arcane where you can, and full spellpower elsewhere, with deep balance talents - Really only useful in WSG where you can sit back dropping massive starfires from stealth, and moonfire spamming everything else. I dont like this build as it relies on constant drinking and relief hut whoring - But a prowl>Starfire>moonfirespam combo CAN make for some awesome ninja flag returns.

Note that the feral weapon [item]Manual Crowd Pummeler[/item] with a counterweight or spellpower enchant can make a sick flag return weapon for balance druid - as the USE gives you uberquick starfires for 30 secs.

GL HF. :)

im a rogue and i kill druids all the time.

if i were you i wouldn't roll druid, unless u know how to play them really well and got some really good gear.

i guess only roll druid if its resto

sarah said:
im a rogue and i kill druids all the time.

if i were you i wouldn't roll druid, unless u know how to play them really well and got some really good gear.

i guess only roll druid if its resto

really? even if druid faerie fire, druid instant entangling roots, rogue trinket, druid bash+entangling roots, ?

hm i guess rogue can evasion the bash and sprint kill the rest.

but then if bash is dodged, druid warstomp and entangling.

i have a 49 twink druid and it was 39 twink before so should be able to play it, but if rogues kill druids so easy as you suggest maybe ill just drop the project.

Stormfist said:
[char=eu-Boulderfist]Wuff[/char]

made a chardev with this as startingpoint. chardev seven . character planner . balance

changed some small things.

added 70 armor on cloak.

added 32 armor on legs.

tome of the dawn offhand.

15 hitrating on gloves.

defilers waist. +67armor

guardian pants.

deadman's hand. (a must have it seems like when you guys talk about rogues)

so the actual differences between wuff and this is:

this is hitcapped, 100 more mana, 119dmg (21 less than wuff, i chose hitcap instead of this dmg), 167 more armor and a chance to freeze enemy.

and ofc spec which is full balance, might change the full balance to 5 in furor if i find its needed.

cologne said:
made a chardev with this as startingpoint. chardev seven . character planner . balance

changed some small things.

added 70 armor on cloak.

added 32 armor on legs.

tome of the dawn offhand.

15 hitrating on gloves.

defilers waist. +67armor

guardian pants.

deadman's hand. (a must have it seems like when you guys talk about rogues)

so the actual differences between wuff and this is:

this is hitcapped, 100 more mana, 119dmg (21 less than wuff, i chose hitcap instead of this dmg), 167 more armor and a chance to freeze enemy.

and ofc spec which is full balance, might change the full balance to 5 in furor if i find its needed.

Like the changes, might try a few. =]

Consider the [item]Moss cinch[/item] if you prefer a slightly more balanced belt? Less armor though...

Use both offhands! I normally switch to a DMG or spirit offhand, once the mana has been used from the starting one.

My bracers aren't optimal since the spellpower changes, consider putting Mp5 or INT on the [item]Gallan Cuffs[/item] and keep spellpower on[item]Glowing Magical Bracelets[/item]

Other than that - I like it! :D

And rogues can be beaten 1v1, not easypeasy, but do-able! Except when they jump you in wsg while your drinking :p

GL.

Hi :)

I've been playing balance druid at lvl29 for a few years and its my favorite class at this bracket. When my first druid at lvl 29 hit exalted with both arathor and silverwing i leveled her and got justicar. I played on my other twinks for a while, but then i had to roll a new one.

Yndigo said:
If you lose to a rogue as resto/balance druid, go roll a pally.

Depends if it is a gnome :<

Rogues are not that big of a problem for me on my drood.

I had fun playing a resto druid in 29s. I was a very effective group / multi target healer, that had some damage and survival potential. Druids are not mindlessly overpowered, so there is some skill required to play one effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread