24s posting in F2P poll

Every time I see a holier than thou F2P post in the 20-29 section I get another piece of gear for my 24 huntard. Care to guess whats gonna happen when she is done?

Franchi said:
Every time I see a holier than thou F2P post in the 20-29 section I get another piece of gear for my 24 huntard. Care to guess whats gonna happen when she is done?

You play once and laugh really hard at how shitty that bracket is?

dont see how this is related to 24s trolling the f2p section, Both 29s and f2p 20s dont want the immature trollish behavior of 24s and i understand that. even if there was a p2p 20-24 forum 24s would still troll the f2p forums because they are 24s.

Who cares if they are getting trolled, honestly? The point I was trying to make is that f2p level 20s are a complete non factor in any aspect of pvp. Rightfully, 24s belong at the top of the food chain in that bracket.... because they pay to be there. I don't own or moderate the TI forums, but it's silly to think that f2p kids deserve special treatment when realistically they shouldn't even be allowed to queue up for BGs/dungeons in the first place.

People don't have a right to piss on homeless/poor people just because they don't pay taxes. (Ok, there are exceptions, but you get the idea.) Paid accounts can put up with complaints from F2P players if F2P players can put up with paid accounts purposefully playing with unfair advantages. Hell, they can always pull a 29s and respond to everything with LOL8UTPL8YDNO8B.

Franchi said:

troll the free to play forums like alot of 24s do?

name me one thread where a f2p trolled the 20-29 forum

now name me one thread where a 24 trolled the free to play forum

Mongro said:
They shouldn't be in F2P either. Griefing F2P players doesn't make you a F2P player. Also, not all F2P players are level 20.

They should just break up the 20-29 into 20-24 and 25-29 like they did with 10-19. Or... there's always the option of just banning all 24s since they aren't respectable twinks anyways.

Almost all of the 24's that are in our bracket suck....

Remember the rule is 24's die first and camp the 24's until they quit ;)

So it shouldn't be a F2p forum it should be 20-24 bracket forum :)

People don't have a right to piss on homeless/poor people just because they don't pay taxes. (Ok, there are exceptions, but you get the idea.) Paid accounts can put up with complaints from F2P players if F2P players can put up with paid accounts purposefully playing with unfair advantages. Hell, they can always pull a 29s and respond to everything with LOL8UTPL8YDNO8B.

This is why analogies are a pointless semantic in most cases. No one is 'pissing' on anyone. We are essentially discussing the legitimacy of players who want to enjoy World of Warcraft indefinitely, without paying for it. Do you or I have the right to download the starter edition, make a free b.net account, and then spend as much time as we want to playing the game and leveling characters up to level 20? Sure, we most definitely do. However, the whole purpose of allowing people to do that, is to leave them wanting more out of the World of Warcraft experience, in such a way that they decide to go out and buy the real game.

It's also meant to give those who don't want to make a commitment, a way to try the game out for free without any sort of time constraints. If they decide it's not what they want in a game, they haven't spent the money it takes to get the starter edition and any expansions, only to find out they aren't interested in it for whatever reason. Those people who decide to engage in free to play twinking, are at an inherent disadvantage to anyone who decides to twink in that bracket, using an account they pay for.

That disadvantage comes from the fact that paying customers earn much greater privileges within the game, by making said purchase. Basically, if those interested in twinking any bracket want to enjoy the game on the same level as paying customers, they have the right to purchase the game and earn the privilege of playing on the same level as paying customers.

Bonopo said:
This is why analogies are a pointless semantic in most cases. No one is 'pissing' on anyone. We are essentially discussing the legitimacy of players who want to enjoy World of Warcraft indefinitely, without paying for it. Do you or I have the right to download the starter edition, make a free b.net account, and then spend as much time as we want to playing the game and leveling characters up to level 20? Sure, we most definitely do. However, the whole purpose of allowing people to do that, is to leave them wanting more out of the World of Warcraft experience, in such a way that they decide to go out and buy the real game.

It's also meant to give those who don't want to make a commitment, a way to try the game out for free without any sort of time constraints. If they decide it's not what they want in a game, they haven't spent the money it takes to get the starter edition and any expansions, only to find out they aren't interested in it for whatever reason. Those people who decide to engage in free to play twinking, are at an inherent disadvantage to anyone who decides to twink in that bracket, using an account they pay for.

That disadvantage comes from the fact that paying customers earn much greater privileges within the game, by making said purchase. Basically, if those interested in twinking any bracket want to enjoy the game on the same level as paying customers, they have the right to purchase the game and earn the privilege of playing on the same level as paying customers.

you make way to much sense to F2p 20s therefore you must be banned/ black listed killed on sight for paying for a game "not worth paying for".

Bonopo said:

You have the right to, but you don't need to be a complete dickhead.

hey mods i pay to play wow therefore i demand the right to troll twinkinfo forums without any infraction points or bans

There's 2 sides to this argument. The sooner you realize you're not going to change the other person's mind, the better off we'll all be. And just because someone posts a different point of view doesn't mean it's trolling.

-Ink

Numberz said:
Almost all of the 24's that are in our bracket suck....

Remember the rule is 24's die first and camp the 24's until they quit ;)

So it shouldn't be a F2p forum it should be 20-24 bracket forum :)

make me want to renew my sub just to crap on this mentality and endlessly roll pugs by 3 capping them all night in 10 minutes.

Mongro said:
You have the right to, but you don't need to be a complete dickhead.

Again, I don't think anyone here is trying to be a 'complete dickhead.' Under the circumstances, people who purchase the full game, are falling in line completely with what the developers of the game intended for them to do. Subsequently, those people are also given greater privileges within the game, such as access to higher levels, better gear, and better enchants. A player who chooses to twink @ level 24, and max his stats that way, is not out of line here.

Granted, there isn't a place in the game where a free to play twink can pvp without facing off against players who play, that is exactly the reason why it's in their best interest to purchase the game. Unless of course, those players are perfectly content with fighting at a disadvantage. It's not about being a nice guy to the f2p crowd. It's about those people taking advantage of the recently removed time constraints on trial accounts so they can take part in what they expect to be a higher quality of pvp, only to find out that it's only higher quality as long as paying customers don't participate.

There's 2 sides to this argument. The sooner you realize you're not going to change the other person's mind, the better off we'll all be.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here. Just giving people an outside perspective on the situation so they can make a clear distinction between the f2p model and p2p model. I can only hope that people choose to stop blaming others for things they should take responsibility for, such as getting beaten in the 20-24 bracket by someone who chose to pay for their game client.

Bonopo said:
Again, I don't think anyone here is trying to be a 'complete dickhead.' Under the circumstances, people who purchase the full game, are falling in line completely with what the developers of the game intended for them to do. Subsequently, those people are also given greater privileges within the game, such as access to higher levels, better gear, and better enchants. A player who chooses to twink @ level 24, and max his stats that way, is not out of line here.

Granted, there isn't a place in the game where a free to play twink can pvp without facing off against players who play, that is exactly the reason why it's in their best interest to purchase the game. Unless of course, those players are perfectly content with fighting at a disadvantage. It's not about being a nice guy to the f2p crowd. It's about those people taking advantage of the recently removed time constraints on trial accounts so they can take part in what they expect to be a higher quality of pvp, only to find out that it's only higher quality as long as paying customers don't participate.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here. Just giving people an outside perspective on the situation so they can make a clear distinction between the f2p model and p2p model. I can only hope that people choose to stop blaming others for things they should take responsibility for, such as getting beaten in the 20-24 bracket by someone who chose to pay for their game client.

wow inkobath you banned him and willyshatner for having their own opnion. seriously whats wrong with having our own opinion

free-Speech.jpg

no_free_speech.jpg

trialfarmer said:
wow inkobath you banned him and willyshatner for having their own opnion. seriously whats wrong with having our own opinion

It's the same person and he trolled in other threads too.

Inkobah said:
There's 2 sides to this argument. The sooner you realize you're not going to change the other person's mind, the better off we'll all be. And just because someone posts a different point of view doesn't mean it's trolling.

-Ink

Hey there Ink, not trying to flame or troll or anything as this is a sincere question. Clearly the question of where 24's should be posting as of right now is a murky subject, and I know that with the plans coming up to change the site soon that this issue will be resolved. But as of right now, from the admin's point of view, where should any thread involving 24's be posted? I'm assuming the 20-29 bracket, but then again there is the side that the 24's and F2P play in the same bracket. Would love just a definitive answer, tyvm

I understand several sides to this. 20-24 is the same bracket but the forum section is 20 f2p. 24s get topics moved and the 24 trolls get banned. When do the f2p trolls get banned? I don't think I have seen a f2p get banned for trolling a 24, and they are allowed to troll in both sections of the forum ( not counting the 10-19).

Harleybow said:
I understand several sides to this. 20-24 is the same bracket but the forum section is 20 f2p. 24s get topics moved and the 24 trolls get banned. When do the f2p trolls get banned? I don't think I have seen a f2p get banned for trolling a 24, and they are allowed to troll in both sections of the forum ( not counting the 10-19).

like i said the mods restrict freedom of speech

Users who are viewing this thread