22 intellect VS. 29/30 spellpower for healers

i see healer types in the BGs with both enchants, sometimes from the same guild, so obviously getting the 30sp enchant isn't a issue. understand the mana boost from 22int and higher heals from 30sp.

looking for discussion and opinions on this.

most healers use something with 22 int at first, then change to 30 SP when the mana is used

You basically answered your own question. +22 intellect gives you a couple 'free' heals before switching over the your SP set.

Have multiple weapons.

You should start a battle with +22 Int (ideally on a staff with a high +Int, like Twisted Chanter's Staff.) Once you burn through that extra ~400 mana, you switch to your +SP weapon.

If you have to pick between ONE, go with Spell Power. But know that you're turning your back on an extra ~400 mana.

Also, get a +20 Spirit enchant on a good spirit weapon, as well.

Wow. 3 other people posted while i was writing that. I'm impressed.

Servers are coming back up...not Arthas of course. /cry

Xposure said:
most healers use something with 22 int at first, then change to 30 SP when the mana is used

True Story^

you'll want to determine how many heals you can cast (probably 2-3) before you eat up the extra mana that 22 int provides. Then switch to +30 SP (+29 looks cool though, makes you look really old school even if you're not). TBH because you never really stop healing so most likely you will not switch back. Whenever you stop to drink it would behoove you to switch back to +22 int

Let's see what both stats gives and you'll have your answer...

Intellect : More mana, More crit, More regeneration

Spell Power : Boost the spell into being more powerfull.

there you go, you have your answer.

now to gain even more answer as to what you really should be using, for a priest spell power is a lot less potent then it is for the others, which is why a priest is so good at healing. for it needs intellect more then spell power. how do i know that ?

simple, you look at this page...

Spell Power Coeficient

if we take only the healing spells off that list you'll notice that all class except priest benefits a good 100% bonus off of SP when it comes to their healing, while priest on the other hand doesn't gain too much. i was surprised to hear this, but the reality is there.

so you gain your answer there. both are still cool to get, but if you want my opinion, a priest benefits a lot more then the other classes when it comes to intellect. if you'd be doing a shaman or paladins i'd say go with SP, 100% of 100 SP is a great bonus to healing if you ask me !

+22 intellect seems better since it gives you more mana regen thus those who say switch to healing after you lost your mana are wrong in doing so. a staff with lots of spirit on it is good to regen, but having a lot of intellect adds up to the regeneration. thus id say it should be the other way around. use SP gears until you have low mana at which point you switch to intellect to regen what you need while still be able to heal !

but thats just my opinion.

DRUID

Spell Name ------ Spell Power Coefficient

----------------------------------------------------------

Healing Touch --- 161.1% (201.1% with Empowered Touch)

Rejuvenation ---- 37.604% (per tick)(45.125% with Empowered Rejuvenation)

RegrowthDH ----- Approx 53.90% (64.68% with Empowered Rejuvenation)

RegrowthHoT ---- 18.80% (per tick)(22.56% with Empowered Rejuvenation)

PALADIN

Holy Light ------- 166.00% Patch 3.0.9

PRIEST

Power Word: Shield 80.68% Patch 3.0.8

Renew ---------- 188% Patch 3.1.0

*Unfortunetly the lesser healing and the spell Heal are not in this list so i don't know them.*

SHAMAN

Healing Wave --- 161.06% Patch 3.0.3

Seeing how this table of what we have at 19 seems like that i really now wonder about a full renew build.

anyway see what i meant... all other shave an healing ability that makes full use of SP while the priest only spell that makes full use of SP is renew. i'm quite sure the lesser heal and heal aren'T near the 100%.

Since 2.4 or 2.3 !

this is the reason why spirit was nerfed, because both spirit and intellect was making people have almost infinite mana in end game.

Doffe said:
It's been doing that for a while. Spirit+int=mp5

actually it's a little more complex than that -

mp5 = ceil(5 * (0.001 + sqrt(Intellect) * (Spirit * 0.6) * <level regen>))

<level regen> is 0.021 for 19 and 0.016 for 29, but yeah both int and spi affects your mp5.

DRUID

Healing Touch --- 161.1% (201.1% with Empowered Touch)

Rejuvenation ---- 37.604% (per tick)(45.125% with Empowered Rejuvenation)

RegrowthDH ----- Approx 53.90% (64.68% with Empowered Rejuvenation)

RegrowthHoT ---- 18.80% (per tick)(22.56% with Empowered Rejuvenation)

PALADIN

Holy Light ------- 166.00% Patch 3.0.9

PRIEST

Power Word: Shield 80.68% Patch 3.0.8

Renew ---------- 188% Patch 3.1.0

*Unfortunetly the lesser healing and the spell Heal are not in this list so i don't know them.*

SHAMAN

Healing Wave --- 161.06% Patch 3.0.3

I think its not quite that simple. Those are values for 80s. There are different penalties added to heal coeffiencies at lower levels.

I know, but since its the only thing we got to know some of them...

by the look of it i might want to consider the renew build once more. see if its really that big of a healing spec !

I know, but since its the only thing we got to know some of them...

by the look of it i might want to consider the renew build once more. see if its really that big of a healing spec !

Actually its not hard to calculate exact coeffiencies for different lvls, its been done before.

Theme said:
I think its not quite that simple. Those are values for 80s. There are different penalties added to heal coeffiencies at lower levels.

When I tested some shaman spells in the 29 and 39 brackets, I got the same numbers as listed on the Wowwiki spell coefficients page.

Bwappo

whitekush said:
With regards to shamans in the 19 bracket, sp or int enchant? I don't quite understand that sp coefficient chart.

Make it easy on yourself mate. Don't let these theory crafters knock you out :)

Start of battle: +22 int wep (Prefered +15 SP BoA weapon)

Mid battle, after using 330 mana: +30 Healing weapon (Prefered +15 SP BoA weapon)

If you're oom, switch to a spirit weapon. I still use [ITEM]Staff of the Friar[/ITEM] for that hehe :)

You being a shaman with a spirit shield, prolly find a 1-h spirit weapon or mp5 (BoA) and put +20 spirit on it :)

Users who are viewing this thread