EU+US 20's (Veteran & F2P) Tier List - BFA 8.3

I queue in premades if I see a mage with 240 int that means he has like 1300 hp. A clothie with 1300 hp? Sounds delicious. Better have a healer on you hard because you won't have the 8 seconds to spare otherwise.

This is why arcane is considered inferior to a spec like boomy. You have a dependency to stay alive, that's a weakness.

I agree, the meta we are in right now isn't fair to dps, that's just how it is. Hybrid and healer specs are king. If we were to make a DPS only tier list I'm sure arc and MM would find their way into S.

The problem (from a balancing perspective) is that the hybrid and healing specs deal as much, if not more, damage than the pure dps specs lol.

I could see the argument for pure-dps specs being S Tier, if they actually out-damaged other specs consistently.

The fact that a boomie or rdruid or Resto Shaman can out-dps an arcane mage or a Hunter (who lack any sort of self-sustain and have much skimpier toolkits) doesn’t make sense.

I’d always heard druids described as the “jack of all trades, master of none” class, and would have expected their tuning to reflect accordingly, but turns out (at least in low levels) they’re the “masters of all”.

But, alas, that’s the way it is right now, hence why they rise to the top of a tier list.

The problem (from a balancing perspective) is that the hybrid and healing specs deal as much, if not more, damage than the pure dps specs lol.

I could see the argument for pure-dps specs being S Tier, if they actually out-damaged other specs consistently.

The fact that a boomie or rdruid or Resto Shaman can out-dps an arcane mage or a Hunter (who lack any sort of self-sustain and have much skimpier toolkits) doesn’t make sense.

I’d always heard druids described as the “jack of all trades, master of none” class, and would have expected their tuning to reflect accordingly, but turns out (at least in low levels) they’re the “masters of all”.

But, alas, that’s the way it is right now, hence why they rise to the top of a tier list.

Glass cannon mages has like 1500-1600 health

But cmon man, sure flame shock does a ton of damage but healers don't outdamage mages and hunters

Glass cannon mages has like 1500-1600 health

But cmon man, sure flame shock does a ton of damage but healers don't outdamage mages and hunters

I outdamage mages and hunters all day on rsham.

There’s damage potential and then there’s actual damage output.

A mage or a hunter can theoretically pump out more damage than rsham, sure. But in practice, they die more frequently so spend more time at the graveyard, and they’re squishier and not self-sufficient so spend more time re-positioning and playing close to their healers.

An rsham, on the other hand, can keep a few flame shocks up all match and consistently pump out tick damage. They’re tanky and don’t die nearly as much. They can be more aggressive and dive deeper into an enemy backline without getting blown up, and they’re self-sufficient so can go and defend/cap a base solo (if the team comp supports it and they aren’t needed elsewhere).

I.E. they’re basically always in the action (maximum damage uptime).

Just keeping Flame Shocks up on CD and maybe throwing out a few Saltwater Lava Bursts when we’re pushing through a clash or when capping/defending a flag, I’ll consistently top scoreboard over mages/hunters (not that that’s most important, or that being on the top of the scoreboard actually matters, but for the sake of this argument is worth noting) because they can’t actually realize their full damage potential because they’re stuck running back and forth from the graveyard or pussy-footing around at a safe distance in a team fight, trying not to get one-shot by overextending.
[doublepost=1596485698,1596484848][/doublepost]A great example of this is our good friend Resil, lol. He has a well-geared MM Hunter who crits for crazy numbers in glass cannon gear, but whenever I queue as RSham with him we’ll be neck-and-neck for top damage. Why? Because he’ll die 4-5 times per BG while I’ll die 0-2, and spends most of the match parachute-cloaking back from the graveyard to where the action is, and when he gets there, dies in like 2 seconds if there isn’t a healer keeping him topped off lmao. Not because he’s bad, but because he has no way to heal himself and if he gets aggressive and over-extends, he’s toast. Shaman and Druid is much more forgiving, and as such you have much more uptime on your damaging abilities.

A healer should not beat a hunter (dimitri caliber) or boomkin (my caliber) or mage (froby caliber) in dps ever wrong so inaccurate.

Would be nice to see healer damage go down a bit in SL though, always felt strange that they can pump out so much damage while having heals. Guess I just want healers to heal and dps to dps lol.

A healer should not beat a hunter (dimitri caliber) or boomkin (my caliber) or mage (froby caliber) in dps ever wrong so inaccurate.

i beat up on hunters, mages and druids all day long on my resto shaman. i can think of maybe 3 druids who can either keep up with or do more damage than me and i don't even think of myself as that great of a player.

i beat up on hunters, mages and druids all day long on my resto shaman. i can think of maybe 3 druids who can either keep up with or do more damage than me and i don't even think of myself as that great of a player.
Healers dont outdmg hunters, mages or balance Ill q with you to prove it.

Healers dont outdmg hunters, mages or balance Ill q with you to prove it.

i've qued against you while playing alliance and shown it friend <3

i've qued against you while playing alliance and shown it friend <3

You didnt beat my dmg unless the game was a complete faceroll. Look all you people who think healers pump harder than pure dps have never stept foot in a wargame this xpac. I am sorry if I am being standoffish, but this is reality.

Look all you people who think healers pump harder than pure dps have never stept foot in a wargame this xpac.
Because this tier list isnt talking about WGs, dumdum. I know its hard for you but try to stay relevant.

The more competitive the game, the more defined roles become. So of course a healer isnt going to out damage a hunter in wargames.

Because this tier list isnt talking about WGs, dumdum. I know its hard for you but try to stay relevant.

The more competitive the game, the more defined roles become. So of course a healer isnt going to out damage a hunter in wargames.
We even had a dps shaman that only dpsed getting out dmged by hunters. I do not need to stay relevant because I am better than the bottomfeeders that walk around like their king shit on some twink forum.

Idk how you even got mod all you do is troll people and spread misinformation to new users.

We're still taking theoretical scenarios of wargames that don't exist into consideration for a tier list oriented around random bgs and not even wargames?

Thought we were done with that 4 pages ago.

Users who are viewing this thread