20-29 WOD Changes

Re: WOD Changes

Anyone managed to get the PTR download going?

I just got beta and I'll just confirm (along with all the others) that random BG's now include AV and EOTS.

Also my lvl 20 p2p arms warrior has 150 armor (30% mitigation). +90 armor from the major armor enchant and my mitigation goes up to 44%. 14% extra physical mitigation from one cloak enchant. Seems BIS to me.

Just copying my comment from the 25-29 section here;

So my 28 prot warrior is insane on beta atm. At 455 ap (277 bonus armor) I have 3 times more AP than as Arms/ fury. In fact arms and fury are completely useless verse prot now.

My devastate (1 hander) is hitting twice as hard as mortal strike (2 hander).

Prot is also the only spec to have 2 snares. Aoe snare from thunder clap + glyph of hindering strikes (gives HS a 50% snare for 8 seconds). Since your only rage dump is HS and shield block, you're getting a lot of snares in, giving prot the highest time on target. Heroic strike is replaced by mortal strike for arms and it's replaced by bloodthirst for fury.

Oh shield slam hits like a wet noodle but all your other abilities hit like a truck. Shield slam is just for rage generation now (20 per). Or I guess you could glyph it to dispel one magic buff but you'd be giving up your best snare.

Vibro blade just became godly. It now reduces armor by 94. When it procs verse the elites in RFC I do roughly 25% more damage.

Most non-prots have garbo armor values in wod and -94 will put most people on zero. Where as my prot has 535 armor total (55.6% reduction) so it doesn't matter as much if I lose 94.

Just tested my 28 prot paladin twink.....yeah forget about prot warriors and vibro blades lol.

1400 -1500 avenger shield and harsh word crits with a crusader proc. Judgement is critting 970 ish without crusader. All holy damage, vibro blade not required.

I have 3.8 k hp (not stacking stamina)
455 attack power (whoops didn't have double link tunic equipped. so missing 21 more AP)
256 bonus armor
21.41 % crit (I'm just missing the LFD necklace of the soldier)
455 spell power (can spam flash of light for days)

Enchant superior strength to bracer (+9 strength) is now superior to the former +19 AP (it's now +9). Why is +9 str > +9 AP? Well glyph of the mounted king casts blessing of kings on you (+5% str) when you mount your paladin class mount.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice updates man, I figured it was going to be insane with Bladed Armor but yeah that's crazy..

Most non-prots have garbo armor values in wod and -94 will put most people on zero. Where as my prot has 535 armor total (55.6% reduction) so it doesn't matter as much if I lose 94.

Are armor values decreased that much? How much armor do hunters/rogues sit on?

My 28 brewmaster has 5 k hp and kegsmash is critting for 2.5 k.

Surging mist >>> flash heal. Dam wasn't expecting a brewmaster to be better than prot pally.

Mongoose is 47 agil 12 haste.

Potion of minor defense (50 armor) does also give 50 attack power for tanks.

Atm brewmaster with a vibro blade is no.1 tank. Just checking my 28 guardian now

edit; guardian is meh. Heals are weak. However due to crazy attackpower shred tooltip dmg is 550 ish. That's the same as my 28 fire mage's pyroblast lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice updates man, I figured it was going to be insane with Bladed Armor but yeah that's crazy..

Are armor values decreased that much? How much armor do hunters/rogues sit on?

My 28 mage has 59 armor. Not sure bout rog / hunt

Hard to believe that just a few patches ago a nicely gear protection spec class barely had 2k+ health.

Sweetsydney

Users who are viewing this thread