19 XP on queing ruining bracket?

copymachine said:
/sigh...

The simple fact of the matter is most folks that don't twink actually HATE twinks, and passionately. They loathe and despise us. And not silently, but vehemently and vocally. I believe we covered this in a previous thread, the concept of applying morals/codes to a video game and the worthlessness of attempting to do so. Why anyone should give a damn about how we are percieved by a contingent of players that will never respect our gameplay choices boggles the mind. Every paying player should be able to play the game in whatever way they choose without having their choices held up beneath cross-examination or scrutinized and compared to the choices of those who deem themselves more "noble and image-obsessed" players (of which this site seems to have an inexhaustible inventory to choose from).

My position is screw 'em all, do what you like. Will you agree with that? Likely not. But frankly I do not care.

Also, I am aware that this was your site, and I appreciate that you have provided a forum for discussion. Yet if folks simply told you what you wanted to hear ad nauseum or shared your opinions wholesale, the spirit of a forum would disintegrate and cease to exist at worst, and would be diluted masturbation at best.

@Kore: If you think that opinioned discourse is innately "aggressive", then I suggest you explore the definition of agression a little more.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if I recieve a "Notification for Flaming", as I have recieved many of them from you guys over the past couple of months. You are all so knee-jerk. Opinions are NOT flaming. But once again, if it's something you don't want to hear, you crack the e-whip. I'm not surprised though, honestly I've grown to expect nothing less.

New smartest person on TI imo.

Rivfader said:
So you don't play a game to have fun? That's all bank is saying. If people have fun doing it fuck it, it's a game. This kinda reminds me of that "ethics in video games" discussion a few weeks ago.

Of course you should have ethics in online games; you say GG to your opponent no matter the outcome of the game, whether or not you have a DC, and if you don't you're an unevolved parasite that needs to perish in righteous flames.

Opinions can be wrong.

Llare said:
Of course you should have ethics in online games; you say GG to your opponent no matter the outcome of the game, whether or not you have a DC, and if you don't you're an unevolved parasite that needs to perish in righteous flames.

Opinions can be wrong.

No, opinions can not be wrong. Opinions do not have to be empirically supported by anyone or thing. They can just "be" as it were, dangling weightlessly in the space that surrounds us. They are not correctable, particulate matter. They are simply ideas. Now, the assertion of ideas as fact or truth can be wrong yes, when they are not factual or truthful. But opinions, in and of themselves, can not be wrong.

Edit: Saying "GG" to an opponent is not a competent illustration of ethics in video games. Saying "GG" is simply a trivial nicety. Ethics implies a code of behavior that extends beyond the typing of the same letter on your keyboard twice in a row.

copymachine said:
No, opinions can not be wrong. Opinions do not have to be empirically supported by anyone or thing. They can just "be" as it were, dangling weightlessly in the space that surrounds us. They are not correctable, particulate matter. They are simply ideas. Now, the assertion of ideas as fact or truth can be wrong yes, when they are not factual or truthful. But opinions, in and of themselves, can not be wrong.

Edit: Saying "GG" to an opponent is not a competent illustration of ethics in video games. Saying "GG" is simply a trivial nicety. Ethics implies a code of behavior that extends beyond the typing of the same letter on your keyboard twice in a row.

It is my opinion that you are wrong, the way in which you defined opinions suggests opinions are meaningless.

But seriously, if you don't abide by whatever social norms the majority of any community have, then you have either no respect for them as a whole, or you need a reality check. Your actions affect other people, if you have absolutely no remorse for ruining/wasting 25minutes of someone's day just because you wanted some luls, then you're a pretty heartless bastard.

But you're American, so it's understable.

Llare said:
It is my opinion that you are wrong, the way in which you defined opinions suggests opinions are meaningless.

But seriously, if you don't abide by whatever social norms the majority of any community have, then you have either no respect for them as a whole, or you need a reality check. Your actions affect other people, if you have absolutely no remorse for ruining/wasting 25minutes of someone's day just because you wanted some luls, then you're a pretty heartless bastard.

/sigh

Look, I don't get paid to teach kiddies the basics of critical thinking, so I won't delve much further into this discussion other than to say that...

It is my opinion that you are clueless. See how that works? You have an opinion that you are obviously invested in. To me it is worthless, but to you it means something. I have an opinion (that you are clueless) that I also believe holds significant weight, atmosperically speaking. Do you care that I believe you are clueless and likely less intelligent than most of my associates? No, my guess is you don't, nor should you. Do I care that you are inferring that I'm a pretty heartless bastard (possibly because I'm American...I'm not by the way). Of course I don't. IRL you may be a living, breathing human being that someone, somewhere loves but here you are just another inconsequential tentacle belonging to the faceless beast of ill-informed children that litter these threads with their "opinions" daily.

Opinions which, yes, are meaningless.

Llare said:

I know some of you toss that line around a lot over here - but it's an overall shit comment. Just my two cents in this otherwise useless thread.

copymachine said:
/sigh

Look, I don't get paid to teach kiddies the basics of critical thinking, so I won't delve much further into this discussion other than to say that...

It is my opinion that you are clueless. See how that works? You have an opinion that you are obviously invested in. To me it is worthless, but to you it means something. I have an opinion (that you are clueless) that I also believe holds significant weight, atmosperically speaking. Do you care that I believe you are clueless and likely less intelligent than most of my associates? No, my guess is you don't, nor should you. Do I care that you are inferring that I'm a pretty heartless bastard (possibly because I'm American...I'm not by the way). Of course I don't. IRL you may be a living, breathing human being that someone, somewhere loves but here you are just another inconsequential tentacle belonging to the faceless beast of ill-informed children that litter these threads with their "opinions" daily.

Opinions which, yes, are meaningless.

Woah woah woah.

You aren't American?

But you're, as a whole, pretty negative.

Perhaps I'm just too joyous and content with the way 19 European twinks shun and disapprove people who play specifically for themselves.

Last I checked, it was confirmed that this is indeed a dictatorship in which you're in fact not allowed to have an opinion. Sorry :(

Llare said:
Woah woah woah.

1) You aren't American?

2) But you're, as a whole, pretty negative.

3) Perhaps I'm just too joyous and content with the way 19 European twinks shun and disapprove people who play specifically for themselves.

1) No.

2) Again, you've exercised your right to express an opinion. Congratulations. My opinion is that I am not negative but instead a deductive, practical thinker that is not sandbagged by the impediments of an emotional schoolgirl mentality. My opinion also is that if your brain could wear pants they would likely be Jeggings.

3) Perhaps.

Think of this game like any other game, there are official rules and then there are gentlemen's rules.

The official rules of this game allow GY farming, mid farming, and insanely one-sided battles via gear/class/player ability discrepencies. Thus no one can be held accountable for performing, or taking advantage of those actions. If you play this game you agree to a ruleset that allows these behaviors/situations. If you don't agree with rules that allow these behaviors then unsub.

To attempt to make the game more enjoyable players have (mostly? Somewhat?) agreed on a set of gentlemen's rules that prohibit actions like GY and mid farming. Some brackets even have ability bans and will sit players out when games are decidedly one-sided. However, gentlemen's rules are in no way binding and you should never go into a game assuming that all players will follow them just like I would never sit down at a poker table and assume that string bets are overlooked simply because that's the way the game is played in my normal circle of friends.

In short, the behaviors that most people complain about are well within the rules of the game. They can create PvP problems, but there are also PvP solutions available. Just because there is a set of "gentlemen's rules" that you are used to playing by does not mean that others are willing (or obligated) to play by them.

copymachine said:
2) Again, you've exercised your right to express an opinion. Congratulations. My opinion is that I am not negative but instead a deductive, practical thinker that is not sandbagged by the impediments of an emotional schoolgirl mentality. My opinion also is that if your brain could wear pants they would likely be Jeggings.

cant tell if trolling.

copymachine should be promoted to ti regulator and be able to check anyone he wants to with his "youre an idiot" 100 word responses. 75% of the nerds on this site wouldnt even realize what he said so no need to worry about kids being mad/sad/offended.

C's up B's down, hat kikt to the right reppin the eastside of town

fuck the police

Nzxer said:
copymachine should be promoted to ti regulator and be able to check anyone he wants to with his "youre an idiot" 100 word responses. 75% of the nerds on this site wouldnt even realize what he said so no need to worry about kids being mad/sad/offended.

C's up B's down, hat kikt to the right reppin the eastside of town

fuck the police

What exactly would be the point of moderating if the people he was supposedly moderating didn't understand what he was moderating them about? That kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?

lindenkron said:
What exactly would be the point of moderating if the people he was supposedly moderating didn't understand what he was moderating them about? That kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?

70 more posts, think youll do it today?

Turdel said:
copy im dying to know who your tink is

Turd, it is my conjecture that you are dying to know a lot of things. The foremost of which involves knowing how to play your gimped class effectively (the lesser of which is what undocumented installer from the DISH Network is your true father. I understand the pool is indefatiguable, and that the DNA evidence has been compromised by an overturned vat of Carne Asada).

If I have ever uttered words/phrases @ you that seemed derogatory, please understand that was not my intention. I just take a personal interest in the handicapped, and have hoped feverishly that my sparring words would be the impetus to spur you to be less, how should i say, bad. If there is one thing I will say in defense of your effort it is that you are persistent. But you should probs roll with a couple more pocket priests if you ever wish to be remotely viable. Cheers.

copymachine said:
Turd, it is my conjecture that you are dying to know a lot of things. The foremost of which involves knowing how to play your gimped class effectively (the lesser of which is what undocumented installer from the DISH Network is your true father. I understand the pool is indefatiguable, and that the DNA evidence has been compromised by an overturned vat of Carne Asada).

If I have ever uttered words/phrases @ you that seemed derogatory, please understand that was not my intention. I just take a personal interest in the handicapped, and have hoped feverishly that my sparring words would be the impetus to spur you to be less, how should i say, bad. If there is one thing I will say in defense of your effort it is that you are persistent. But you should probs roll with a couple more pocket priests if you ever wish to be remotely viable. Cheers.

copy im dying to know who your tink is

Users who are viewing this thread