19 Warsong Etiquette

I mean yeah, there are no rules saying you can't do something, but, just know that popping speed pots will make your other team either quit, or not wanna play, so if you want to win, you might not be able to play the game at all.

(Yes, I know I'm dramatizing this, but it's close to the truth)

It's not like pitpat is saying there's rules, he's just saying that if you do these things, people will recognize your (poor) crutching gameplay. I'd also like to expand on the "safespotting" thought. Safespotting is getting to any area where some people cannot get to. Aka race/gender-specific jumps. Jumps like on horde tot, where wide models can clip into the wall and run up to the roof without an extra jump, is an example of that. Although not game-breaking, it is clear to others that you are crutching on a race/gender-specific advantage, as slimmer models simply cannot do that jump sequence, which gives almost an instant gap between you and the offense players. In my opinion, crutching on these race/gender-specific jumps are more telling than what people nowadays call "safespotting". I don't think that someone doing a jump sequence to get out of range of incoming players is as egregious, especially if that jump sequence is not race/gender-specific at all. Now, of course it would be nice if everyone respected the etiquette, but that will never happen. If someone safespots against you, get to the jump (unless of course it's race/gender-specific, in which case, cope.). If someone speed pots against you, counter-speed pot, or play a class that purges it. If someone resist pots, sic your rogues and hunters on dat hoe. If you decide to not do any of this, it gets nothing done. Thank you Pitter for sharing responsible expectations for people genuinely wanting to be nice little twinks!! However, the game isn't going to change, and if someone is crutching on something, it doesn't really matter! Just point and laugh, cope, or play premades. Or, better yet, ascend to a higher level of human intelligence and play 19 boomkin with a cute ponytail.

Been a long time, buddy :)

Absolutely worth playing, but an 80 is needed on your account for heirlooms.

There are a lot of teams popping up for 10mans this expansion, so it will be a wild ride.

Speed pots are never OK.

Haha it has been!

Yea I have an 80 ele sham but its on a difference server. Ill prob make and gear out a horde hunter here and then xfer him to mankrik.

The repercussions of using speed pots its people will stop queuing up againest you, if you cant play without speed pots you didnt deserve the speed pot in the first place. See 19 hunters for making other 19s to stop queuing. Your actions have consequence's

This might be a joke post and if so gj because its hilarious. But just for the record, I'll use whatever consumeables I want. You go ahead and limit yourself.
i agree 100 percent. You see this alot in games folks trying to make un-written rules they believe others should follow. I have no problem with anything unless folks are using some type of hacks/cheats.

Gonna throw in my two cents here:

If the game is clearly lopsided (e.g. one team has a dedicated 1.7k+ hp FC and the other does not / one team has 3-4 fully decked out twinks and the other has 1) and I am practicing jumps, don't attack me.

No one is impressed that a hunter that is carried by a 2k hp druid FC is able to right click someone that is practicing jumps in a BG that is over before it began. If you want to tryhard, at least find someone to tryhard against.

Gonna throw in my two cents here:

If the game is clearly lopsided (e.g. one team has a dedicated 1.7k+ hp FC and the other does not / one team has 3-4 fully decked out twinks and the other has 1) and I am practicing jumps, don't attack me.

No one is impressed that a hunter that is carried by a 2k hp druid FC is able to right click someone that is practicing jumps in a BG that is over before it began. If you want to tryhard, at least find someone to tryhard against.

agreed, its BM otherwise

i agree 100 percent. You see this alot in games folks trying to make un-written rules they believe others should follow. I have no problem with anything unless folks are using some type of hacks/cheats.

This might be a joke post and if so gj because its hilarious. But just for the record, I'll use whatever hacks/cheats I want. You go ahead and limit yourself.

Do you see where your logic would lead in a hurry?

This might be a joke post and if so gj because its hilarious. But just for the record, I'll use whatever hacks/cheats I want. You go ahead and limit yourself.

Do you see where your logic would lead in a hurry?
These rules where conceived back in vanillia tbc, im sorry you're late to the table. But as far as core WSG etiquette is concerned these are the rules alot of us abide by, me and my guild included, its just good manners.

Have respect for your opponents.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread