19 Warsong Etiquette

Pitter

Boots Thief
With WOTLK there will probably be a lot of new people coming into the bracket. In this thread we will discuss etiquette of 19 Warsong pugs. I will start with the big 3.

1) Do not safespot with the flag.

Safespotting refers to areas on the map that are extremely difficult for the average player to get to. Bringing the flag to one of these spots ruins the game for everyone. Safespotting is not to be confused with “jumps” which are commonplace in the bracket.

2) Do not use Swiftness Potions.

Swiftness Potions AKA speedpots are extremely frowned upon within our community, this is because they are generally a crutch for poor positioning, and are very overpowered in both offensive and defensive scenarios. If you make a habit of popping speed pots (especially in games that are close) expect a lot of negative attention from the community.

3) Do not use Minor Magic Resistance Potions.

Minor Magic Resistance Potions give your character 25 resistance, they are brutally overpowered because they make you resist spells at a much higher rate than usual. Similar to speed pots, they are extremely frowned upon, making a habit of using these potions will garner you a lot of negative attention.

_________________________________________________________________________________

If you have anything that you feel should be added, or any questions regarding these suggestions, please leave a comment below.

Last edited:
If just posting a thread on the forums would get through to people about shit behavior and etiquette, every bracket would be active, popping and healthy.
I appreciate and respect the motion but twonks will be twonks...

If just posting a thread on the forums would get through to people about shit behavior and etiquette, every bracket would be active, popping and healthy.
Yummy!
[doublepost=1665673541,1665652236][/doublepost]Bought a 1000x of each!
same. people run druids and macros for jumps but god dam speed potters!!!
[doublepost=1665696779][/doublepost]
same. people run druids, every buff, bis gear and use macros for jumps but god dam speed potters!!!
[doublepost=1665696931][/doublepost]play 29-69s where every twinks crutchs on free action and engineering

It's a shame we don't have any content creators to get the word out.

I seriously almost made a post with Ned stark incoming complaints about speed pots two days ago just for this website.

It's a shame we don't have any content creators to get the word out.
upload_2022-10-13_20-57-8.png

All I'm getting at is we tried with retail to get people to chill out on making ridiculously OP classes, play 20s not 29s, not to cleverly use game mechanics to get into dungeons we weren't supposed to to get wildly overpowered gear, and the people... they did not listen.

If you don’t want pots play war games. If I’m running a pug and I’m only Twink and I have a chance to win the game against others twinks, Both fingers in the air with my speed pot as I run pass with the flag. I also speed pot to catch potters. I don’t give a fuck. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

With WOTLK there will probably be a lot of new people coming into the bracket. In this thread we will discuss etiquette of 19 Warsong pugs. I will start with the big 3.

1) Do not safespot with the flag.

Safespotting refers to areas on the map that are extremely difficult for the average player to get to. Bringing the flag to one of these spots ruins the game for everyone. Safespotting is not to be confused with “jumps” which are commonplace in the bracket.

2) Do not use Swiftness Potions.

Swiftness Potions AKA speedpots are extremely frowned upon within our community, this is because they are generally a crutch for poor positioning, and are very overpowered in both offensive and defensive scenarios. If you make a habit of popping speed pots (especially in games that are close) expect a lot of negative attention from the community.

3) Do not use Minor Magic Resistance Potions.

Minor Magic Resistance Potions give your character 25 resistance, they are brutally overpowered because they make you resist spells at a much higher rate than usual. Similar to speed pots, they are extremely frowned upon, making a habit of using these potions will garner you a lot of negative attention.

_________________________________________________________________________________

If you have anything that you feel should be added, or any questions regarding these suggestions, please leave a comment below.

Hello Brother!

Hows WOTLK 19s? Worth playing?

Hello Brother!

Hows WOTLK 19s? Worth playing?

Been a long time, buddy :)

Absolutely worth playing, but an 80 is needed on your account for heirlooms.

There are a lot of teams popping up for 10mans this expansion, so it will be a wild ride.

Speed pots are OK imo depending on the class like if its a pally, warr, sham, mage, lock fair enough.
I do laugh my ass off when a druid, hunter or rogue speed pots though

Speed pots are never OK.

On the one hand, sure. Speed pots kinda take the nuance out of the one mountless bracket in the game.

On the other hand, you're chasing a druid FC using 3rd party scripts to macro their jump/move keys. So whose to say.
which is every druid or shaman FC atm.

I would only use one if I wanted to quick cap in a turtle game, just so it can be over faster. But I still not even like doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread