19 Warrior Gear Guide [4.03]

I'm seeing warriors with a set 5% parry rating, I could be misunderstanding the manner in which Hold the Line works, but wouldn't the ~20% chance to proc for Shield Specialization be better than the 5% chance for HtL or would this just be dependent upon DPS build or FC build?

cinderblok said:
I'm seeing warriors with a set 5% parry rating, I could be misunderstanding the manner in which Hold the Line works, but wouldn't the ~20% chance to proc for Shield Specialization be better than the 5% chance for HtL or would this just be dependent upon DPS build or FC build?

That's a good question.

The 10% increased crit is a blessing for those into bursting, but it's a low chance which people take. You can also parry with a 2h.

Shield specialization is good for gaining good rage for using skills more often.

IMO, wtb Warbringer for 2nd tier X_X.

for horde FC, wouldn't Dawnblade be the best? i know it's a dagger but it still has that +5 stam.

lolItsMutank said:
for horde FC, wouldn't Dawnblade be the best? i know it's a dagger but it still has that +5 stam.

Depends, most warrior FCs are part of a killing defense and it is expected that they put out some DPS. If you are part of a defense where you are expected to do nothing but survive then dawnblade with +15 agi would be my choice, but more often than not you need a good weapon with sader to help you kill off their O.

can you guys please explain to me why redbeard crest is better for flag carrying, than gold plated buckler? is the armor that dmg reducing??

Yep but on my warr I have one, aswell as a gutterblade and chausses of westfal :)

Is protector's sword BIS mainhand or in SF because im hearing both :/

my question still stands.. why is redbeard crest better for FC'ing than gold plated buckler? :\

chíll said:
my question still stands.. why is redbeard crest better for FC'ing than gold plated buckler? :\

because stam doesnt scale linearly as a defensive stat, as you get more stamina its value decreases. The value of armour stays more or less constant, so with high health pools armour becomes more important than stamina. Also the armour on redbeards is quite substantially higher than gold plated so that and the strength make it better in almost all situations.

Kore nametooshort said:
because stam doesnt scale linearly as a defensive stat, as you get more stamina its value decreases.

does 1 stam =/= 10 health anymore or something?

ScatMan103 said:

When you have 2000hp 1 stam will help you survive 10 damage in its simplest form, if you had 1000hp it would do exactly the same, as such it doesnt scale with your other stats. If you have 1000hp 1% armour will mitigate 10 damage, the same as the stam, but when you have 2000hp the armour will mitigate 20 hp, twice as much as the stamina, thus it does scale with your other stats. Also armour helps your healers more than stamina does.

You have listed [item]Legionnaire's Leggings[/item] but not [item]Dividend Leggings[/item] for horde? :D

As far as FC gear goes, you only need enough stam to survive burst damage, after that it's all about mitigation. You need to find a balance in gear and even having multiple sets depending on O is a good idea. If they're caster heavy then armor is worth less and dodge is worth less in which case you would want more HP. Resistance is less important if they're melee heavy and armor and dodge will net ypu a greater benefit than stam in many cases. If your D lacks DPS then you will be responsible for putting out some damage and should adjust your gear accordingly. The take home message is that BiS FC gear != max stam.

ScatMan103 said:

i actually think they changed the default for stam with cataclysm.. think 1 stam is 13 or 14 hp now?

Users who are viewing this thread