EU+US 19 Rogue Questions

Baaliici

Grandfathered
Hello, I'm Baaliici. I'm very new to Outlaw Rogue AND Twinking. As I've come to notice, it's key to ignore stats and go for BiS iLvL Gear at 19. So with that, would it be worth going with a 1h Sword and Stratholme Lily or just Two 1h Swords? Also, is the "template" for iLvL at our Level available to see? If my math is correct (total ilvl added up from all gear/weps then divided by amount of gear), then my iLvL would be 35. Is that Low/Med/High? I seem to do really well in BG's / Arenas. So I'd assume that's at least an avg iLvL. Ty to anyone who helps answer my questions. :)

You can download deja's character stats addon to view your stats and ilvl. I don't know where the exact templates are.

I'm pretty sure that your damage is nerfed if you use only 1 weapon and the lily. Stick with two weapons.

The BiS gear will get you closer to 45ish iirc. Probably more with invasion warforged gear. Keep in mind that each average ilvl above 24 gets you a .1% increase in stat. So you'll probably have max of 2% extra stats - not a huge difference. You're probably doing well in BG/Arenas because you are fully geared, not a leveler, and playing outlaw rogue.

Aim for a slower weapon mainhand, and a higher ilvl offhand. But really just do invasions right now. Theres lots of good gear and it goes away soon.

ilvl doesnt really matter unless your really trying to get that super tiny advantage over your enemies, just use the slower heirlooms swords and rek scrubz

Since it's kind of relevant to this topic I'll mention it here. I just got the ilvl 34 Eredar Splitter 1h axe. I'm not sure if it's better than heirloom though. The heirloom is slower and not much worse. Eredar Splitter does have overall better stats besides the speed though.
Damage is:
21-41 Damage
1.6 sec
11.92 DPS

Since it's kind of relevant to this topic I'll mention it here. I just got the ilvl 34 Eredar Splitter 1h axe. I'm not sure if it's better than heirloom though. The heirloom is slower and not much worse. Eredar Splitter does have overall better stats besides the speed though.
Damage is:
21-41 Damage
1.6 sec
11.92 DPS

Finally someone who has it and can do some tests.

Can you go into a BG as outlaw and look at the tooltips for the damage of ambush and the main skill (can't remember the name) for a few different mainhands? Don't switch the offhand please.

34 Axe
2.8 speed heirloom (sword)
2.6 speed heirloom () or 24 axe
And if you have any of them, sinister scimitar, brushwood blade, or the white sunstrider axe.

It used to be that things scaled up, but now that things don't scale up, I'm not sure how damage works. Our usually "get the slowest weapon" may not apply anymore.

I'll try it out when I have a break in invasions.. I just woke up(EU) so it'll take approx 2 hours for me to post results, maybe a bit more.

My character isn't done yet though, but the difference should be what matters anyway.

Last edited:
My guess is Eredar Splitter ilvl34 isn't viable in mainhand.

I tested in BG and got 681 Ambush damage on tooltip with Eredar Splitter.
I also got 686 Ambush damage on tooltip with Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge.

Pretty close, but no cigar.. if you have one of the slower weapons there's probably an even bigger difference.

My guess is Eredar Splitter ilvl34 isn't viable in mainhand.

I tested in BG and got 681 Ambush damage on tooltip with Eredar Splitter.
I also got 686 Ambush damage on tooltip with Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge.

Pretty close, but no cigar.. if you have one of the slower weapons there's probably an even bigger difference.

Sweet. Thanks for testing. I got the 34 dagger so I'll have to mess around with that one.

I've posted there, but Brushwood Blade seems to be better than heirloom as well if all else fails.

Brushwood is slower, but reports have been that it isn't more damage. Take it into a BG and look at the tooltip damage for a few moves and compare between it and the 2.8 speed heirloom.

Unfortunately, I don't have an alliance rogue - so I can't test it out easily. I really need to go in and do a big test - with items no longer scaling up to 24, the slow weapons may not be inherently better like they used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread