19 Frost Mage Questions

Zeras

Legend
Hey guys, currently building a frost mage to hopefully, in time, fill a D slot on a premade team. Currently XP capped at 15 to get quick RFC queues whilst hunting for satchel loot of stamina. AGM is 6/12 and I've just maxed out herb. Just wanted to ask a few questions for the more experienced frost mages out there....

For my second profession, should I be learning Engineering or Mining? I'm leaning towards the extra stun as I think it outweights the health, but unsure.

And since I have no ability to acquire the GFed Jutebraid Gloves, I'll be using Gold Flecked/Serpents Gloves to do the job. I've seen people whack these with +10Haste and +16SP but again, I'm unsure which one would pull ahead for when I'm wearing a max stam set and playing D as a frost mage in a premade.

Thanks guys!

Also, does anyone know a good mob to farm Greenweave Bracers of Stam off?
<

Get a pair of gloves with each enchant and try them out.....both are bleh imo anyway and wont make much of a difference.

Chuckin bombs is always fun, so I probably would go with engineering....but I do have a mage with mining, and having one less button to push is nice
<

After all is said and done, you wont be casting many frostbolts for CC. Most of your CC will consist of Nova and Cones with a sheep splashed in.

i think 10 haste is the best for 19 frostmage i cast with proc und herb 1.0 frostbolt
<

for frost, you will want haste. for arcane, SP's your enchant. if you truly wish to fullfill a slot on any premade teams, you are looking at engineering.

Everyone knows arcane mages are as lawl-skill-required as a hunter, roll frost and get good, don't invest in sp, get haste as CC is the by far the most important thing in a premade.

you are wrong. arcane is easy to play mediocre, hard to play good. i am, unfortunately, still stuck at mediocre, but an arcane mage on the O has exactly as much; if not more potential than a frost mage. imp. counterspell, improved blink for positioning, Arcane should be considered heavily before following the conventional "frost = skillbolt DERPLOL!". I say Arcane can be a viable addition to any team, i simply have my prefference, and i am slightly better than those 900 hp scrubs.

best mage EU checking out.<3

you are wrong. arcane is easy to play mediocre, hard to play good. i am, unfortunately, still stuck at mediocre, but an arcane mage on the O has exactly as much; if not more potential than a frost mage. imp. counterspell, improved blink for positioning, Arcane should be considered heavily before following the conventional "frost = skillbolt DERPLOL!". I say Arcane can be a viable addition to any team, i simply have my prefference, and i am slightly better than those 900 hp scrubs.

i wanna see you play fire XD

I'd happily take an extra frost nova (from pet) over an extra 2 sec silence

I'd happily take an extra frost nova (from pet) over an extra 2 sec silence

4 seconds and the nova depends more if your on O or D. On the other hand that 4 sec silence is kinda wasted if you actually know how 2 get a cast but seeing as this is 19s..... probably worth it.

Get a pair of gloves with each enchant and try them out.....both are bleh imo anyway and wont make much of a difference.

Chuckin bombs is always fun, so I probably would go with engineering....but I do have a mage with mining, and having one less button to push is nice
<

After all is said and done, you wont be casting many frostbolts for CC. Most of your CC will consist of Nova and Cones with a sheep splashed in.

If the frost mage's CC consists mainly of slows and snares I wonder just how much more effective it is on D as opposed to arcane. My opinion if you are on D, your job is CC first but doing damage is a close second. Slows and snares work if the FC is running away or moving the entire time. However if you stand and fight you need to do more than snares and slows. You will want to throw out some sheeps and focus fire targets of opportunity. In this case I would argue that having the extra crit (~3%) from skinning is better than a casted 2 sec stun (big bronze bomb) on a 1 min C/D.

4 seconds and the nova depends more if your on O or D. On the other hand that 4 sec silence is kinda wasted if you actually know how 2 get a cast but seeing as this is 19s..... probably worth it.

yea..my bad. not sure why i typed "2"

If the frost mage's CC consists mainly of slows and snares I wonder just how much more effective it is on D as opposed to arcane. My opinion if you are on D, your job is CC first but doing damage is a close second. Slows and snares work if the FC is running away or moving the entire time. However if you stand and fight you need to do more than snares and slows. You will want to throw out some sheeps and focus fire targets of opportunity. In this case I would argue that having the extra crit (~3%) from skinning is better than a casted 2 sec stun (big bronze bomb) on a 1 min C/D.

Guess it all really boils down to the type of D the guild runs.

For kiting D's a Frost Mage hands down is more valuable then an Arcane Mage.

For Kiting/Killing D's I would again go Frost Mage for the CC and gear a wee bit differently.

For Killing D's an Arcane Mage would be best.....but it becomes questionable if you even want a mage on D. All depends on the Guild.

As for the second profession, there are too many variables to make one a clear winner. That is why I say don't stress and do what you like. I will say though if you are a gnome, go engineering for the portable bronze mortars!

And that is about as close to advice/strategy I will ever give because a Mage has to have SOME secrets.

if flame deflector is still optainable, this is absolutely essential to any class that can optain it. if you have access to one, Engineering will fullfill the role of 17x skinning
<

could have sworn it had 150 engineering requirement once upon a time...

Users who are viewing this thread