19 Bracket dieing?

Admin said:
I think this bracket is dead right now, but it will probably pick back up this summer.

I have almost quit pugging lately. Some of that is not by choice though. After 11pm CST, I am seeing ZERO games in progress than I used to. When I get done raiding, I want to play a pug or two and find that there are no games happening. That really sucks. Last night I did get into a couple though.

I guess raiding on my main and premades are about all I can do these days and even the premades are getting thinner now.
Did you play one of your warlock aliases? Or was it a druid? I might try to find out your super secret toons : ) , not much elss to do these days :\

Nype said:
Twinking aint gonna die imo, well let's pray for cata to do us some good

Go ahead and pray, you will need it blizzard feeds on twink tears. This phasing stuff they are talking about could just eliminate us outright.

Grabco said:
I thanked him because a majority of what he said is consistent with what I think about the state of PUGs and losers rolling the primary crutch class (hunters). It's one thing if you've had your twink for a long time and you've endured the nerf bats and buffs (ie shammies, pallies, rogues, druids [pre travel form if you had a druid you get mad props]), I will also include hunters in this because there are a few exceptional huntesr that have had their twink as a main twink since day 1 or are just .....exceptional. people that decided to twink for the first time and roll a hunter....gtfo mang and look around to see how a real hunter is supposed to be played.

19 twinks are dying but if they implement XP/kill in xp-on bg's you might see a lot more bad hunters to own soon!

Bonus points if your hunter is dreanei

Cataclysm will bring battleground/guild ladders, I hope that this applies to all level brackets of locked XP players.

I have not read into the details but if Blizzard choose to base the system on their Battle.net ladder platform (which has proven its effectiveness in Starcraft and Warcraft III, and soon Starcraft II), there is surely a possibility that battlegroups would be effectively eliminated (atleast for ladder games) and you would be queueing to play with anyone in your region bracket (EU, US etc).

The fact that Blizzard is adding ladder ratings for BGs and guilds in Cataclysm should not be overlooked, it has the potential to guarantee longevity within all brackets of PvP.

What I saw during TBC was that when twinking becomes easier, say as easy as applying a patch to some leggings, twinking populations explode.

Now, Cataclysm's "Bind to Guild" equipment could prove to be Cata's equivalent to spellthreads and leg patches from TBC in that they are easy to distribute and really come at a smaller expense than mats/gold for the armor patches of TBC or the emblems for Wrath BoAs... the BoGs seem to more or less be a bonus that most every guild will gain access too over time if for no other reason than because they reached a point where their guild talent points couldn't be spent anywhere else.

imo....Blizz in 2007 TBC, boosted twinking the most in all brackets with patch 2.3 or 2.4. the patch that boosted and turned hundreds of green BoP's and quest rewards into blues.

2nd boost was BoA's, even those who flamed twinks because of their end game focus were rewarded, now could near insta gear and just fill in the blanks for a twink and have one too.

in Cata if all quests are being redone along with dungeon drops.....it will be interesting, because in Cata faster leveling is the focus.

more than likely items will be boosted. i remember years ago before the mass gold infusion into the game, my 17 warrior wearing greens and some whites going into RFC with a group, barely making it thru, getting mostly level 9-13 greens and commenting how lame that was. since then mob levels and hit points were reduced, dungeons drops are much better now, dungeon rewards give a player 2 blues starting at lvl-15. anyone remember when a 60 had a hard time running you thru SFK or VC?

3rd boost imo, will be Cata.... if the BoG has near the same stats as BoA now. twinks will be all cookie cutter. XP- on floating twinks in 10-19 will also be geared the same, making that no longer appealing for the noob farmers, because the noobs will be geared

Does anyone know why the WSG queue window no longer shows you games going? If this is true, all 19's need to be made aware of this, otherwise they'll think that no games are going and they won't even queue. This could result in a huge blow to the frequency of 19 matches.

Its either that or people aren't queueing. However, that seems odd since there have been 1-2 games going from noon to midnight for as long as i can remember. It was only until after the patch yesterday and today that i noticed this.

Does anyone know what is up with this?

Blitzkrieg said:
Does anyone know why the WSG queue window no longer shows you games going? If this is true, all 19's need to be made aware of this, otherwise they'll think that no games are going and they won't even queue. This could result in a huge blow to the frequency of 19 matches.

Its either that or people aren't queueing. However, that seems odd since there have been 1-2 games going from noon to midnight for as long as i can remember. It was only until after the patch yesterday and today that i noticed this.

Does anyone know what is up with this?

They made it so you can no longer see them.

shanker said:
imo....Blizz in 2007 TBC, boosted twinking the most in all brackets with patch 2.3 or 2.4. the patch that boosted and turned hundreds of green BoP's and quest rewards into blues.

2nd boost was BoA's, even those who flamed twinks because of their end game focus were rewarded, now could near insta gear and just fill in the blanks for a twink and have one too.

in Cata if all quests are being redone along with dungeon drops.....it will be interesting, because in Cata faster leveling is the focus.

more than likely items will be boosted. i remember years ago before the mass gold infusion into the game, my 17 warrior wearing greens and some whites going into RFC with a group, barely making it thru, getting mostly level 9-13 greens and commenting how lame that was. since then mob levels and hit points were reduced, dungeons drops are much better now, dungeon rewards give a player 2 blues starting at lvl-15. anyone remember when a 60 had a hard time running you thru SFK or VC?

3rd boost imo, will be Cata.... if the BoG has near the same stats as BoA now. twinks will be all cookie cutter. XP- on floating twinks in 10-19 will also be geared the same, making that no longer appealing for the noob farmers, because the noobs will be geared

I'd say that TBC had two boosts to Twinking, the first was the leg patches. I saw many people toss on a patch, grab BG gear and call themselves twinks. Sure they still stood no chance against dedicated twinks, but still steamrolled any non-twinks. Some of those players later became dedicated twinks and started investing in BiS gear and enchants to compete against true twinks. The patch that updated gear didn't so much "Boost" twink numbers as it did change the numbers game around to increase twink viability beyond rogues and hunters by improving itemization on non-agi gear. Wrath dropped the patches and introduced BoAs which represent the current pinacle of non-FC itemization. XP Lock destroyed twink numbers but improved twink quality.

Wow is slowly dieing out i guess, ppl have twinked enough and seen it all, well thats how my guild saw it we all just quited and moved on.

But still i check back on this site sometimes when im bored and curious.

Users who are viewing this thread