18 twink?

Wittyscrub

Legend
I'm in the progress of making another twink rogue. I'm currently at level 18 these are a few questions i'd like to ask

Do 18 twinks have more dodge than 19 twinks?

Do 18 twinks have more crit percentage than 19 twinks?

One flaw -1 talent point? What do you guys think?

The slight gain in rating from staying 18 would most likely be outweighed by the loss of stats from gear and the stats you get when you ding. I have only ever heard of one person playing a lvl 18 twink and that was a gimmick more than anything. The change in scaling between 18 and 19 would likely be too minimal to make it worthwhile.

18 will give you more crit and hit, though marginally. The differences gearwise are negligable these days, its the talents you miss out on that will make or break the character.

Take your toon, compare its stats to someone who would gear the way you would at 19 and see if its worth it. thats my advice.

Waltdisneywarlock said:
I've always thought a 17-18 mage or Priest was the way to go as far as exploiting stats.

youre not missing out on too much gear as a caster and you can get your spell crit strike pretty high

it's been a while but i think if you have 23% crit at 18 and you lvl to 19 it will drop to about 18%

Since your not training for any new ranks of spells at 19 the higher the crit rateing in turn should be higher the dps

dont forget haste getting better.

If you stay at 17 you lose holy fire and desperate prayer, but if you dont use those spells much its not that great a loss. gear is pretty much exactly the same.

heck, if you're REALLY feeling sassy you could probably get away with being level 16 or 15. looking at the gear choices and the crit available.. that'd be a sexy little healer.

Cheers for feedback, i thought SF was level 18 ;O - It looks like 19 would overall probably be better than 18 since most of the major bis items are level 19. Guess i'm going to have to farm SF oh the joys.

Wittyscrub said:
Cheers for feedback, i thought SF was level 18 ;O - It looks like 19 would overall probably be better than 18 since most of the major bis items are level 19. Guess i'm going to have to farm SF oh the joys.

you cant farm it. Farming is what you do when you know the mob or general area of an instance it drops in/off of. Farming an entire dungeon where the item desired may or may not be a trash drop (there are still people saying they got it off trash wolves) that has a .01 drop chance.. is absurd. lets entertain the thought that it isn't a trash drop and only has a .01 drop rate off the last couple bosses. that, my friend, is called suicide.

Instead, wait til one pops up in the ah or spam trade for one.

nomohate's gear/stats is horseshit. 19 or gtfo

Evade said:
nomohate's gear/stats is horseshit. 19 or gtfo

Explain Me why?

critism-1.jpg

also... He/she is not using GtG (green tinted goggles) Stacking way to much fire resistance. i have firebane cloak myself but only use it when i notice there are a lot of huntards.

btw you guys talk about percentages but in the long run not being 19 you lose out on more Stamina and intellect.

Nohealsforju said:
critism-1.jpg

also... He/she is not using GtG (green tinted goggles) Stacking way to much fire resistance. i have firebane cloak myself but only use it when i notice there are a lot of huntards.

btw you guys talk about percentages but in the long run not being 19 you lose out on more Stamina and intellect.

You kinda answered your own question about the gear you saw on me. I choose gear based on the competition. What you see in the armory is but a snapshot in time.

No, I have no BoA's though. I'm still a plain Vanilla account. Can't get BoA in Vanilla, no matter what anyone tells you.

-Nomo

Nohealsforju said:
critism-1.jpg

Why is everyone so down on Magefist glove? I'm assuming the better piece you're referring to is the Serpents Gloves which has +1 stam, +1 int and -4 spirit. I haven't been playing Priest very long, so I'm legitimately curious as to why no one stacks spirit if even 1 stam or 1 int can be gained from a different piece. (I get that the example here is about an 18 and maybe the extra stam would make a difference for her, but this question applies to 19s as well)

Grunge said:
heck, if you're REALLY feeling sassy you could probably get away with being level 16 or 15. looking at the gear choices and the crit available.. that'd be a sexy little healer.

Well this was before level 10s were massively op and they were okay, max healing I did was about 18k one game.. but my heals were amazing... I'd be able to keep just about any fc up
WoWScrnShot_070210_233127.jpg
[/IMG]

Spectre said:
Why is everyone so down on Magefist glove? I'm assuming the better piece you're referring to is the Serpents Gloves which has +1 stam, +1 int and -4 spirit. I haven't been playing Priest very long, so I'm legitimately curious as to why no one stacks spirit if even 1 stam or 1 int can be gained from a different piece. (I get that the example here is about an 18 and maybe the extra stam would make a difference for her, but this question applies to 19s as well)

I stack spirit on my Paladin.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/launce/simple

Nom, I have played with you on D heaps, we do good, 18 doesnt seem like a huge massive loss compared to 19, well thats when you play Nom. Also, with the non BoAs on a classic acc thing, what about :

Liliana Emberfrost - NPC - World of Warcraft ?

She is a vendor in the SW champ hall that sells PvP BoA Gear. . do not need any expansions to go to her. Only thing possibly stopping you trying to buy some is a "You need Wrath of the Lich King Expansion to purchase this item" or alike red text error. Maybe check it out, tell us how it goes.

Grunge said:
you cant farm it. Farming is what you do when you know the mob or general area of an instance it drops in/off of. Farming an entire dungeon where the item desired may or may not be a trash drop (there are still people saying they got it off trash wolves) that has a .01 drop chance.. is absurd. lets entertain the thought that it isn't a trash drop and only has a .01 drop rate off the last couple bosses. that, my friend, is called suicide.

Instead, wait til one pops up in the ah or spam trade for one.

it has been confirmed through many threads and GM's in game that SF drops off of lvl 21 bosses in SFK. got my first 1 off Lord Walden myself.

Users who are viewing this thread