EU+US 101 BoE additional proc trends?

norcal313

Legend
I watch the AH regularly and I've noticed odd trends. I think it's safe to say something that procs 870+ is pretty rare, but what I've noticed is strange tertiary/socket procs that show up at the same time. In other words, I'm suggesting there may be time frames or specific settings unbeknownst to us that causes certain procs.

For instance, a couple months ago I saw some 870 Sameed's Vision Rings show up more often than usual. I picked up a couple of them myself. The odd thing was several of them also had leech and sockets. Now, you may be saying so what? Well, I very rarely saw any that had avoidance, speed versions. I saw roughly ten times the number that proc'd socket + leech than any of the other tertiary stats.

A month later I saw a handful of Talisman of Jaimil Lightheart proc 875 with socket and leech. I didn't see avoidance or speed versions. There were several of them listed at the same time, many more than what I regularly saw when I scanned the US realms.

More recently I was watching Cainen's Preeminent Chestguard for my hunter. There was a week where I saw a bunch of 870s posted and roughly half of them all had avoidance procs.

Is there any correlation to these proc trends and legion events? Could it possibly be associated to where the items are being farmed? Of the dozen 101 BoEs that I have farmed all were in open world legion zones, dropped off of non-elites. Every one was either 835 or 840. One had speed on it. No sockets, no warforged/titanforged versions.

If anyone has any input to this, or suggestions please share.

Makes me wonder if the 110's that are getting these drops have high Ratings of (X) Tertiary Stat so they tend to get more of those to drop, that is if the system even works that way. It could literally be nothing more than odd RNG.

Makes me wonder if the 110's that are getting these drops have high Ratings of (X) Tertiary Stat so they tend to get more of those to drop, that is if the system even works that way. It could literally be nothing more than odd RNG.
So far I've gotten two BoE's on my lv. 110 ilv . 911 guardian druid. First i got an 840 marfisi with no t's or sockets, second I got an 845 mantle of cin, no t's or sockets.

have been looting greens on my 109 that have indestructible/avoidance etc on them. this is new
It was added in 7.2 and effects all Gear drops in Legion from 98+ (less if you use the scaling trick). The problem is, the Gear that 'Scales with Level' is usually considerably inferior to what you have access to at that Character Level so it's generally not worth the bother to actually use.

Now that I said that, it makes me wonder what Character Level will 'Scale with Level' to iLvL 600 exactly [probably 98]. The reason I say 600 is for Boots. Skyreach Normal drops Boots at 600 and they can proc Speed, but not Speed + Socket. If you could get an iLvL 600 'Scales with Level' it now has the chance to proc both Speed and a Socket making them potentially superior to the Skyreach Boots for a pure Speed set.

Granted the chance to even get that exact proc might take you forever. And by superior we're only talking a minimal difference, and useless for Leather Classes since they have the Crafted Legendary Boots that have a Speed bonus effect on them.

Users who are viewing this thread