10 Twinks?

My plan is to have two accounts, twinks on 1 account, and then use my main mage to help them through everything, but im alliance.

Alright nicenice, just started playing, probably just gonna leech of my friends and make a twink tbh, end game doesnt seem too fun. Already done all the stuff plenty of times

Since you can't lock your XP, you are stuck with doing basically ONE and only one of the Chain Quests for the higher end Gear. As for Gear, it's almost identical to what we had back in TBC/WotLK times minus the absurd Stat scaling that 10's had in WotLK. As I said before, even if you could get fully BiS, with 100% BiS Enchants including Head/Shoulders/Legs/etc, you will still be noticeably inferior to a 19 and likely won't be capable of defeating one in a Duel due to lack of Hit Rating Enchants.

WSG, you'll be meh, if it's true that everyone's Hit is normalized in BG's like others have suggested.

Since you can't lock your XP, you are stuck with doing basically ONE and only one of the Chain Quests for the higher end Gear. As for Gear, it's almost identical to what we had back in TBC/WotLK times minus the absurd Stat scaling that 10's had in WotLK. As I said before, even if you could get fully BiS, with 100% BiS Enchants including Head/Shoulders/Legs/etc, you will still be noticeably inferior to a 19 and likely won't be capable of defeating one in a Duel due to lack of Hit Rating Enchants.

WSG, you'll be meh, if it's true that everyone's Hit is normalized in BG's like others have suggested.
Makes me sad : /

@Winterly Check this link https://classic.wowhead.com/gear-set/10-priest-twink-3907 it's a 10 Priest with as BiS as I can get it in Phase 1, including what the Gearing Tool has available for Enchants (AGM isn't an option on the Tool yet).

What you'll notice is the Stats are complete shit.

EDIT: I should mention that you CANNOT get all that Gear without Leveling out of 10, it's just an example of how poor 10's are in Classic.

@Winterly Check this link https://classic.wowhead.com/gear-set/10-priest-twink-3907 it's a 10 Priest with as BiS as I can get it in Phase 1, including what the Gearing Tool has available for Enchants (AGM isn't an option on the Tool yet).

What you'll notice is the Stats are complete shit.

EDIT: I should mention that you CANNOT get all that Gear without Leveling out of 10, it's just an example of how poor 10's are in Classic.
How much XP is from 9-10 and then from 10-11, what wiggle room we talking here

Edit: From 9-10 its 6500 xp and from 10-11 its 7600 xp

Out of that gear list, 3 items were quest that requires level 10, the 2 that aren't the wand will give you 5680 xp, just from the quests alone. Other 2 items require level 9, so you can just do them at 9.

Last edited:
@Winterly From another Thread about this very topic in which I replied:
I'm not skeptical, I've just done the math already. Level 10 has 7400 XP total. Let me break this down using ONLY the Quest reward XP, which is unavoidable.

Leaders of the Fang chain (for Wingblade or Crescent Staff) < requires LvL 10 to start

Quest 1: The Barrens Oasis = 90 XP
Quest 2: The Forgotten Pools = 680 XP
Quest 3: The Stagnant Oasis = 1150 XP
Quest 4: Altered Beings = 1150 XP (you have to personally loot all 8 shells)
>head to TB to continue<
Quest 5: Hamuul Runetotem = 290 XP
Quest 6: Nara Wildmane = 120 XP
Quest 7: Leaders of the Fang = 2200 XP (you have to personally loot all 4 Bosses for each Gem)

If you started Level 10 at 0 XP, this one Quest chain alone, for only ONE item would cost you no less than 5680 XP leaving you only 1720 XP for the rest of Level 10. It is not possible to get BiS AT 10, period. You won't even get close, and this Quest chain will be the only major item you'll be able to get or the other short Quest chain in Silverpine for the Ring of Scorn because you won't be able to do both.

The Isha Awak chain is completely out of the question due to how many Quests there are. So you'll be stuck with ONE major item and the rest BoE's. Even with BiS everything (which is impossible), including Enchants that aren't even in the Game yet (Arcanums) all 10's in Classic will be lackluster at best. I haven't even got into how poorly Healing Power and Spell Damage scales in Classic.

I know it may sound like I'm just being a debbie downer against 10's but nothing could be further from the truth. I would LOVE for 10's to be relevant in Classic as I'm a 10 fanatic, it just won't happen unless Blizz adds the XP eliminator NPC's.

Users who are viewing this thread