1.3speed dagger with icy for mages?

/discuss basically when you use 330 mana you switch to this weapon and if people get to close you might accidentally slow then with auto attack?

Yeah I've had one for a long time. I have it on Night Watch Shortsword since Icy is normalized to weapon speed, so there's no benefit to having it on a fast weapon.

Why on earth would this be of any use when used in conjunction with ice armour? Surely a mage should be using a mp5 weapon like the WSG staff when he uses up his int weps mana.

Just thinking outloud really but ice armor is reactive and requires that someone hit you. The icy weapon would be useful on-the-run to help snare pets or a passing player that isn't targeting you. That said i'm going to try this and see how it works. How long is the slow on icy? is it longer or shorter than the ice armor slow?

Well i spose it could be usful, but it seems quite situational. When running on a mage wouldnt you be most likely to be running away from hostiles? and would it be that usefull considering you would have nova aswell. Also since its PPM i would advise that you try this on a slow weapon since i doubt you will be staying in range long enough to get several swings in. With a slower weapon each swing will have a higher chance of icy proccing. Lorekeepers staff has a 2.9 sec swing time.

I need to keep my furblog equipped so I might put it on nightwatch sword as suggested before. In a premade mages usually can't keep up with the FC so they lag behind frost bolting etc and then take a different route to meet up with the FC or position themselves in a high traffic area to snare others trying to trap the FC. It might be a situational enchant or it might be a chant you switch to and let it accidentally CC someone you are targeting. You are right Nova would be good too but I sometimes need to save nova.

Kore nametooshort said:
Why on earth would this be of any use when used in conjunction with ice armour? Surely a mage should be using a mp5 weapon like the WSG staff when he uses up his int weps mana.

this^

+ i'd rather have spirit enchant on it.

I'd still argue that lorekeepers is better than nightwatch+ furby since you wont be at max hp when you've used up int wep unless you have a healer and if you do have a healer stam loses some of its importance. 6stam vs 4mp5, i would be inclined to lean towards the mp5 since mages roll with much less int nowadays and stam on post-int weapons isnt that important anyway except for healers in my experience.

Mages don't go OOM ever in premades anymore.

Also, Icy is not dispellable, which would make it a good snare on a Priest (for example) if Poly is on DR/you don't have time to stop and cast/they're running double priest O.

This sounds ridiculous.

Even if you did drop 330 mana (which post patch will take a bit longer) it is more beneficial to swap to an mp5/oom stick or even a weapon with spell power. The things you could be doing besides shanking unsuspecting players in hope of a proc is greater than a icy weapon enchant.

Users who are viewing this thread