ZOMG, Blizzard thinks I'm selling my accounts.

Um, yeah. Do people really fall for this stuff? People under the age of 65 I mean.

From: WoWAccountAdmk@blizzard.com . (wowaccountadmr@gmail.com)

Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk

Sent: Fri 4/03/09 1:17 PM

To:

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).

As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.

This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales

quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.

This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* First and Surname

* Date of birth

* Address

* Zip code

* Phone number

* Country

* Account e-mail

* Account name

* Account password

* Secret Question and Answer

-Or-

* WoW CD-Key

Show *Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.

Blizzard Entertainment Inc

Account Administration Team

P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

Rip said:
/smiles

Sad thing is a lot of people would really fall for that.

Sad thing is they STILL fall for it. This is so old. I remeber a few years back an old guild mate of mine and Saia if you remembers him Drao fell for it. I mean he happened to be doing it. He had bought an account from someone then about 3 months later got on of the emails and fell for it. Classic. Needless to say his account got raped and it took him months to get it back.

Please enter the correct information

Ignore this line and use any mailbomb to rape their holding account address

WoWAccountAdmk@blizzard.com . (wowaccountadmr@gmail.com)

was particularly hilarious

* First and Surname - because they really care?

* Date of birth - tralalal

* Address - lol?

* Zip code - right....

* Phone number - what?

* Country - why.

* Account e-mail - ???

* Account name - ...

* Account password - a blizzard employee will never ask for your PW (tip in-game)

-Or-

* WoW CD-Key - really?

I've got one from donotreply@blizzard.com, saying:

Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzards EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement

and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:

WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.

In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:

https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/log...://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/index.html

Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Account Administration

Blizzard Entertainment

Problem is, when I first clicked the link, it took me to an external site which looked almost identical to the WOW login. I really should ticket a GM to check the validity of this. :p

Has anyone even checked if "Blizzards EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here: WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement

and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:

WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use" exist? I would laugh even harder at these scam emails if they just made up phony sections/paragraphs!

I just got this one twice (three days apart):

Blizzard Entertainment‏

From: WoW AccountAdmin@Blizzard.com (wowaccountaddmin@usa.com)

You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk

Sent: Sat 4/04/09 8:30 PM

To: thesmartidiot16@aol.com

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account.

As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be active for further investigation by Blizzard employee's.

Blizzard may consider taking legal actions against your crime, if it seems too be of an extreme nature.

This action has been taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales

very seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.

This is done easily by confirming your personal information along with the concealed information about your account.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.

* First and Surname

* Address

* Zip code

* Phone number Daytime

* Country

* Account e-mail

* CD-key, alternative a photograph of your CD-key that is located on your manual for World of Warcraft.

* Account name

* Account password

If you ignore this mail your account will be closed permanently.

We ask you to NOT change any account information until the investigation is completed.

P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

--

Be Yourself @ mail.com!

Choose From 200+ Email Addresses

Get a Free Account at www.mail.com!

I especially like the "sent" e-mail address (no, that's not mine), the e-mail advertisement at the end and the EPIC Win that is "We ask you to NOT change any account information until the investigation is completed."

;P

Users who are viewing this thread