Zmm New guy, wondering and pondering stuff.

Zmm

(Also If this post is wrong to write, wrong place to put it but ok thing to write or any other mix of the formers-I do apologize.)

An Introduction:

Hi I'm Zmm. I've played wow on and off for a while, probably too long. :p

I hope to learn from you all and have fun with you guys.

I've heard lots about your site and you seem to be the source on xpoff gearing, as such you have an apt site name.

I used to do roleplaying on forums as well so I like creative writing, usually fantasy stuff. I like to joke around with people too, having a sense of humor can you take you basically anywhere. :)

I tried to learn chess in the past, I know the basics but it seems to learn the advanced stuff you need to actually study books on chess and really learn from people who've achieved that higher level.

(On Topic): I've been trying to gear up a level 16 arms dark iron dwarf warrior on Aggramar server in game. I haven't made the toon yet, but I've used a level 21 exp locked arms void elf warrior named Zm to grind for legion greens in Aszuna. In particular I've been in the Azurewing Whelplands and I get item level 24 greens that require level 16 to equip them.

It seems about 1 in 6 drops I can obtain a green with a socket. So it's not very common. Oh yeah also the mobs I've been killing mostly consist of "Withered Exiles".

Follow up Questions:

Is it better to stick with legion greens and try to get a socket on every piece? (rather than another way to get gear.)

I've seen level 20s with high mastery "on use" trinkets; how important is mastery for a level 16 arms warrior? Should I be trying to go for those trinkets?

What is a good breakdown for stats that I might want as a goal for my finished level 16 twink warrior? I'm looking for a roundabout value for _hp/_str (not including procs for any of these stats)/%_haste/%_crit/%_mastery/%_versatility

(Again sorry if this was the wrong place to post this, the wrong kind of post or a mix of both... Thank you for your time and any help you could give.)

=)

advice for a "level 16 twink warrior"
my best advice - /deleteyouraccount

It's not standard level 20 twinking. If you can't help at all, then don't reply. Honestly it was better if you hadn't replied
advice for a "level 16 twink warrior"
my best advice - /deleteyouraccount

I have to confess, I have zero idea why you'd want a level 16 arms warrior twink. But to each their own, i guess?

Im not terribly familiar with the gearing options available to a 16 warrior but in general, str is more important than any other stat (since im assuming youre going after pve instead of pvp). Crit and Mastery are next. Then vers. You can ignore haste. A high on-use mastery trinket would be good for burst, sure. Obviously. Elekks Tusk is popular not just for the high mastery but because its stupid easy to acquire.

To be honest I was just playing around with getting legion greens on different toons and I noticed the drop level would change based off of the level I was using to kill the legion mobs.

Then I noticed I was having more luck getting drops off my warrior/ happened to already have more level 16 required greens.

So I decided I'll stick with it. It's not the normal twinking thing sure, but I've already got ideas for it.

I could make the character with top gear for the level simply for the armory like collecting playing cards and bragging about all the pieces.

I could simply use the character for duels or to dungeon with low level peeps, friends or otherwise. I think you could twink almost any level and find a use for it.

Half of twinking imo is just getting the gear anyway. :p
[doublepost=1632004856,1632004346][/doublepost]Also thank you for the tips on the stats and trinket.

It's not standard level 20 twinking. If you can't help at all, then don't reply. Honestly it was better if you hadn't replied
Sounds like you're avoiding 20's cause you don't wanna get shit on. No surprise. #deleteyouraccount.

Ignore Behindew.

In fact, you'll learn to ignore 20s in general, most of them are insufferable people.

Welcome to the forums.

In terms of gearing a 16 specifically? I'm not entirely certain how different it is from say 14 or 15, but if you're looking for gear inspiration, this might be the best place to start: https://xpoff.com/threads/level-14-15-armory-list-discussion.96609/. It's a lot of Relic of the Past and TBC socket gear.

lvl 16 gearing actually does make little sense because you would go after the sane exact gear you would on a 20.

so if u want to know what gear to get just copy any lvl 20 warriors gear

Users who are viewing this thread