YouTube - Frost Mage vs Protection Warrior

calm your self. i'm not saying you're wrong, i'm saying mine works without modifiers. if you like yours better thats fine.

Sorry if I sounded raging, but I am not :eek:

Lollipop , next time dont blink away from him just to stay out range , save blink for charge instead , then u would have won the duel..
Ftp gr8 job overall

Ftp is a great warr, prot is op though but still a great warrior ^^

Have won and lost duels against him, therefore i know he's a good warr.

Ah... is it even worth my time completely and uderly (would be rudely) discrediting this... no. Just going to point out that warrior (specifically protection) has been only "op" (calling warriors op atm is laughable), where as pallys and hunters have been op since well... since I started playing. Look at it from the warriors point of view also... the mage has 2 freezes... a blink... a trinket... and whatever talent you have (you seem to be using Presence of Mind, which seemed entirely wasted in this video)... meaning that you can indefinetly kite the warrior if you know what you are doing, as he only has a 20 second cd Charge... which by happen stance is 5 seconds less of a cd than Blink...

It was a good video however, good recording/ music and enjoyable to watch. I know a frost Mage on one of my xrealms and when we duel we are normally trading off wins in any spec I use on my warrior.

if you read what i had said... this is recorded for purposes of testing editing/quality of video. i know i wasted pom and didnt poly off mount and blinked at the wrong time. like i said, i dont give a shit about that because the video is for EDITING/QUALITY. when i upload the proper videos when i get my hard drive. then feel free to criticise my playing. ty for the last comment about good recording/music. thats the feedback i wanted. and yes me and this guy always win loose. it just so happened i lost that time cause i wasnt arsed. thank you.

I think part of the reason you keep having people say that is, despite the fact that you have said throughout the thread that you weren't really trying, in your original post you did state that your second reason for posting the video was to show how OP prot warriors are. You can't simultaneously claim that the video is evidence of how OP your opponent is, and also claim that you weren't even trying. Either he won because he's OP, or he won because you weren't trying. Choose one.

On a lighter note, though, years ago I played a mage and was never really good at it in PvP, but a lot of the advice in this thread has made me itch a little to try taking it up again. I just don't know if I can handle the potential frustration of playing a glass cannon... especially while this spell hit bug is going on. But it's definitely given me something to think about.

if you read what i had said... this is recorded for purposes of testing editing/quality of video. i know i wasted pom and didnt poly off mount and blinked at the wrong time. like i said, i dont give a shit about that because the video is for EDITING/QUALITY. when i upload the proper videos when i get my hard drive. then feel free to criticise my playing. ty for the last comment about good recording/music. thats the feedback i wanted. and yes me and this guy always win loose. it just so happened i lost that time cause i wasnt arsed. thank you.

Looking forward to more videos than, my 'QQ' was about calling Prot Warriors op.

Prot warriors are op, and more ppl should delete their druids and roll prot warriors.

I'm going to place this marker here so that the Thread Derailment Investigation Squad will know where to begin their investigation.

I think part of the reason you keep having people say that is, despite the fact that you have said throughout the thread that you weren't really trying, in your original post you did state that your second reason for posting the video was to show how OP prot warriors are. You can't simultaneously claim that the video is evidence of how OP your opponent is, and also claim that you weren't even trying. Either he won because he's OP, or he won because you weren't trying. Choose one.

On a lighter note, though, years ago I played a mage and was never really good at it in PvP, but a lot of the advice in this thread has made me itch a little to try taking it up again. I just don't know if I can handle the potential frustration of playing a glass cannon... especially while this spell hit bug is going on. But it's definitely given me something to think about.

i choose both. i wasnt massivly trying but the damage you see the warrior do demonstrates the buff they have had :) and yh it can be frustrating to mage but its such a fun class :) you should defo make a mage ^^

You got all us warriors fired up xD. Whatcha thinking about doing for your next video if I may ask?

well once i fork out £80 for an external hard drive i plan on spending 2 weeks of solid gaming and recording and compiling the best moments, duels, bgs, world pvp and gurbashi arena 'war' into a (hopefully) well edited and exciting f2p mage vid :)

so you wouldn't call shield slam OP?

NO, I would call Shield Slam retarded. The way blizzard buffed it was buy giving its base damage a 50% increase but by nerfing its bonus from attack power by 10%... they should have done it the other way, leaving its base damage a little less or the same while increasing its bonus from attack power by 50%; but even atm its not 'OP', the only reason are qqing about it is because now more people are rolling prot warriors that shouldnt... I was doing just fine with Shield Slam before the buff in taking out 75% of class's. No reason to qq about it for alot of reasons, but I am not aiming to derail this thread, so please just understand I know more than you and you dont want to embarrass yourself with any kind of rebuttal to this :( .

NO, I would call Shield Slam retarded. The way blizzard buffed it was buy giving its base damage a 50% increase but by nerfing its bonus from attack power by 10%... they should have done it the other way, leaving its base damage a little less or the same while increasing its bonus from attack power by 50%; but even atm its not 'OP', the only reason are qqing about it is because now more people are rolling prot warriors that shouldnt... I was doing just fine with Shield Slam before the buff in taking out 75% of class's. No reason to qq about it for alot of reasons, but I am not aiming to derail this thread, so please just understand I know more than you and you dont want to embarrass yourself with any kind of rebuttal to this :( .

really? ok. if you'd like to make your own thread, if you dont want to derail this one and explain why it's not OP i'd love to hear. bla bla base dmg..... bla bla AP. i dont want to know why it hits so hard, i want to know why it isn't OP, Einstein...

oh and please prove me wrong. it would be a TI 1st :)

Last edited by a moderator:
really? ok. if you'd like to make your own thread, if you dont want to derail this one and explain why it's not OP i'd love to hear. bla bla base dmg..... bla bla AP. i dont want to know why it hits so hard, i want to know why it isn't OP, Einstein...

oh and please prove me wrong. it would be a TI 1st :)

Just remember you asked or it.

Me... apparently

Just remember you asked or it.

Me... apparently

oh yes i asked for it. but before you post a page full of numbers, remember idc. i want to know why an ability with a 6sec cd, hits as hard as a 24 fully enchanted rogues ambush, comes from a tank spec, and isn't op.

if you can do that /bow. and i don't want to know about mobility or healing, i want to know about SS...

Users who are viewing this thread