WTT: good community, premades, dungeons, duels, events and arenas 24/7 for AGM

The reasons why I didn't roll on AP:

1) wanted a server that had the location nearest me for least lag
2) I have 2 people that follow me around all day, when I play, I like to be more alone
3) I've tried starting characters on AP, but I never get far. I've pretty much always rolled on empty servers and feel crowded in the starting areas
4) to avoid drama
5) I really dislike coming up against premades/partial premades, so I feel like I don't want to be a part of a group of people who like that as one of their main incentives for rolling there

Sometimes do I feel like I'm missing out? Maybe, but not really. Generally I really enjoy the variety of craziness you get from pugging dungeons/bgs.

I don't care for AGM and never have but I will agree with Pouch and Harley, it's nice to be away from AP (Horde and/or Ally) once in a while...

Hence why I played Jimmy just to stay away from AP Horde for a bit because the chat/"new people" were destroying it for me... not to mention a few of the oldtimers/veterans had moved onto other things.

The AP experience that I enjoyed back when we had DMF events, party @ Gallywix's palace is long gone.... I don't even know how to describe it now but whenever I logon it feels like a negative experience over all, and a lot of my fellow oldtimers agree too which just makes it more depressing.
Heh, maybe that's my problem, too much AP :O

^

Is this how you all at low-populated servers are reasoning -- 12 stamina at the cost of a good community, premades, dungeons, premades, duels, events and arenas? Sound to me like a really bad deal.

I rolled on a server that does all those things, where I could get AGM and isn't AP.

Cool eh?

Ok I'll take the bait - which server/faction?

I think Sally is vashj horde, I logged on there once and there were only three people tho.

Ah, yes I play on Vashj. I would never talk up the Horde side, as it is generally just Swoops and I doing *premades.* Which makes for some pretty sketchy premades if you ask me. I mean I'm clicking outta the spellbook while keyboard turning and he is... Well doing the same I would hope! I digress....

Vashj alliance does do all those things though.

Sorry some of you feel that way about AP :< hit me up on Magika and I'll give you a /hug or two :)

Though coming from 19 bracket I got to say that the "flaming" and the "bad attitude" som of you are talking about is nothing compared all the drama you'll find there.

I think auto-running is what you were looking for there Sally.

But yeah, Vashj horde isn't super active, especially since I've been focusing on leveling my shaman there to 85 lately. I can usually put together a group when I want to though from people who play both sides. A fair amount have geared up Horde 20s recently. Its probably been at least a week and a half since I've played my 20. I generally dislike leveling, so I try to truck through it as much as possible when I have some slight motivation (at 84 now!).

I don't recruit very much for Vashj horde outside of personally talking to people I enjoy playing with. It's my populated quiet place :).

Last edited by a moderator:
ITT:

• People who haven't worked out how to use /ignore.
  • People who think that starting a community somewhere other than AP, is somehow going to prevent it from getting the same kind of drama as it grows.
  • People who like getting farmed by 24s/premades/hunters.
  • People who like having to farm BiS gear to counter those.

Because of the size of it's community, AP has more to offer than just games in the 20-24 xp locked bracket. There are enough people online to get regular BG wargames at 19 too.

There's problems with the OP troll. First, more free players do not make for "good community" nor does being on a differnt server mean the absence of one. Community is about people, and simply having more of them, trolls, (horde) fanboys and sheep unable to think for themselves that simply regurgitate what they heard somewhere else without understanding it, does not make it better.

The other problem is that it's perfectly feasible, assuming your community consists of people other than useless free playing 20s to get an AGM on any server. It's probably even possible to solo if you're determined enough. Of course most people in your concept of community are too busy whining about eyepatches to actually spend any time or effort to actually get an AGM or two. That feeling is of course also shared on other servers too. Many people can't be bothered getting them.

So, basically, the entire premise of this troll thread is wrong.

For myself, I am very selective about the people around me, be that in game or anywhere else. I also prefer to do my own thing and tend to resist doing what everyone does simply because everyone does it. For the most part I play alone, when and how I feel like doing it. Even when I don't have my paid account active, I've had to put several potentially useful 85s on ignore simply because I found them too annoying. Their potential help was no longer worth putting up with their conversation. I can't imagine free players, who are of no use to me, being better.

Duke is on a dead server, and it's nice to get away from people. I have every desirable BoE, Dual AGM, and pugging with that setup isn't nearly as bad as people would expect. I love AP as well, and have many toons there, but being antisocial is equally rewarding.

^

Is this how you all at low-populated servers are reasoning -- 12 stamina at the cost of a good community, premades, dungeons, premades, duels, events and arenas? Sound to me like a really bad deal.

I log in AP every once in a while, have a chat, run some dungeons and group bgs....

and then in about an hour or so when I get tired of all the random chat and trolling I have my actual twink with full BiS to log on in peace and quiet. Best of both worlds imo.

Why do you blindly assume this thread's purpose is trolling? I am new to both AP and to F2P-twinking overall, I made this thread to straighten out some questionmarks I had why people choose not to roll on AP. I were expecting answers and not a Bracket Manager to stomp in and accuse me of trolling.

First, more free players do not make for "good community" nor does being on a differnt server mean the absence of one. Community is about people, and simply having more of them, trolls, (horde) fanboys and sheep unable to think for themselves that simply regurgitate what they heard somewhere else without understanding it, does not make it better.

1. May I ask why more players would make a community better (I know that quality > quantity)? A big AND a small comminuty can both be good as well as bad.
2. I have no idea where all this "trolling"- and "flaming"-talk is coming from, I yet haven't experienced anyone trolling at all. Infact, I've got to admit that my time on AP have been utterly pleasent.
3. Could you further explain the "nor does being on a differnt server mean the absence of one"? -- as I wrote in the original post, I wondered why people choosed to roll on *DEAD SERVERS*, I'll say it again: *DEAD SERVERS*. I define "dead servers" as in no community, that's basically the whole idea of the thread -- if you're on a server with a community you obviously have nothing to do in this thread. Not once did I mention AP as the only server that people were "allowed" to roll on. My thread was about exchanging community for AGM.

The other problem is that it's perfectly feasible, assuming your community consists of people other than useless free playing 20s to get an AGM on any server. It's probably even possible to solo if you're determined enough. Of course most people in your concept of community are too busy whining about eyepatches to actually spend any time or effort to actually get an AGM or two. That feeling is of course also shared on other servers too. Many people can't be bothered getting them.

AGM on AP is a highly wanted item. I'm not even going to respind to anything else in this subparagraph.

For myself, I am very selective about the people around me, be that in game or anywhere else. I also prefer to do my own thing and tend to resist doing what everyone does simply because everyone does it.

That's called being a hipster. :)

For the most part I play alone, when and how I feel like doing it. Even when I don't have my paid account active, I've had to put several potentially useful 85s on ignore simply because I found them too annoying. Their potential help was no longer worth putting up with their conversation. I can't imagine free players, who are of no use to me, being better.

So does this apply real life also? You go to a party, two people are very social, a little too social -- you never visited a party again because people could very well be too social there too? Flawless logic.

For myself, I am very selective about the people around me, be that in game or anywhere else. I also prefer to do my own thing and tend to resist doing what everyone does simply because everyone does it. For the most part I play alone, when and how I feel like doing it.
That's called being a hipster. :)

+10 internetz for this

Even when I don't have my paid account active, I've had to put several potentially useful 85s on ignore simply because I found them too annoying. Their potential help was no longer worth putting up with their conversation. I can't imagine free players, who are of no use to me, being better.
Does this mean u make friends only with ppl u have use of?

OT: I find AP (horde) really nice place to be tbh.
Yea there is some trash talk once in a while and yea there are some rotten apples in basket (Hi Basket! :)) but all in all there are some really, REALLY nice persons to hang out with and from which you can learn lots of things.
You can always disable addon and not listen to chat talk, then when u get bored, enable it again.

The only thing I do find harder then on other servers is AGM, but with enough persistence and some luck, that too can happen.
Examples of getting AGM on his own would be Zerzasa on his rogue and me on Morgana (even though I had help from 85's for half of trinkets, I looted half of them by fighting rest of folks in Guru @ awkward hours - which means that I'd only spend 3-4 more months in getting AGM on my own if I had no 85's helping me).
So yea, its possible, u just have to put a lot more time and (steel?) nerves in it.

For everything else then AGM, bigger community >> smaller community >>>>>>>>>> dead server

I'm not a bracket manager. Blue is MVP, which is similar to a popularity contest. It's just a vote of appreciation by people that do manage the site. I'm not a moderator, nor do I want to be. I'll leave that kind of thing to people more suited to it. Everything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with TI.

I've played on a number of servers, and while there are dead servers where literally no one goes to Gurubashi, most servers have people interested in achievements. I just went to Gurubashi now and there were more than ten people there. I've seen more than that, and the DMF one had well over twenty in there at a time. Anyway, even on AP, even on high pop twink servers, it's still possible to get AGMs. Many 20s on AP have AGMs, some have two. If you just assume it's too difficult to get, and never try, you never will.

As for calling it trolling, at the very least the thread's question is very loaded. You've already decided that AP and large community is better. I'd take a select few people I enjoy spending time with over the great unwashed masses every single time. Like I said, bigger is not better. You didn't say dead. You said low pop. As for large versus dead, are there truly any completely dead servers? Perhaps new ones, or ones recently vacated by large scale server transfers. I would find completely dead servers kind of boring. I enjoy world PvP and I also enjoy doing world events and achievements, many of which require multiple people.

I can't say I really agree with the hipster term. I used to be a very frequent party goer. It was mainly an excuse to get wasted and hook up. I never really experienced people being overly social, and I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but if I did find someone annoying, and they refused to take a subtle hint, then telling them to fuck off tended to work quite nicely. As for friends, yes, either I have use of them, or I don't, even if that use is simply my enjoying their company.

Last edited by a moderator:
I myself only recently joined the AP community, having started off making toons on my original P2P server. While overall I'm enjoying the AP community, there are times where things such as, but not limited to;

1) Chat trolls
2) Lack of activity due to the time
3) People messing up premade queues
4) Little epeen wars over duels/I made a(n) X class so now I'm an expert/ "you're wrong about BiS, my choice is better than your choice"

which cause me to quietly log out, and jump on one of my Shattered Hand toons and fly solo (oddly enough, I find I get grouped with/against AP premades more frequently when I do this :p ).

Both experiences are rewarding. Both can be frustrating. At the end of the day, it's up to the individual to decide who/what/when/where/why they want to play, and I feel like criticising someones choices on the matter, in a (free!) video game no less, is really unnecessary. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but there's a big difference between "I think" and "You (insert should/can't/aren't)".

I'm not a bracket manager. Blue is MVP, which is similar to a popularity contest. It's just a vote of appreciation by people that do manage the site. I'm not a moderator, nor do I want to be. I'll leave that kind of thing to people more suited to it. Everything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with TI.

Bracket Manager/MVP same shit different color of your name.

I've played on a number of servers, and while there are dead servers where literally no one goes to Gurubashi, most servers have people interested in achievements. I just went to Gurubashi now and there were more than ten people there. I've seen more than that, and the DMF one had well over twenty in there at a time. Anyway, even on AP, even on high pop twink servers, it's still possible to get AGMs. Many 20s on AP have AGMs, some have two. If you just assume it's too difficult to get, and never try, you never will.

I have much experience with getting AGM on low populated servers and it's a major difference between high and low population servers. It's simple logic that the lesser twinks/85s on that server, the lesser people will try and gather Arena Masters -- simply can't be denied.

On AP, the only way these days to get AGM, is if you have at least one 85 carrying you. I live in Sweden (aka I can logon 3, 6 and 9am) and I've only managed to solo one AM out of maybe 15 tries.

As for calling it trolling, at the very least the thread's question is very loaded. You've already decided that AP and large community is better.

So, a loaded and much relevant topic is always trolling? I guess you were voted MVP because of your great sense of detecting troll-threads (hint: you're not too successful).

And you still seem unable to bash in information to your head; with the thread I was comparing good community-servers with servers that lacks community. I never ONCE said AP had the best community, that's just something you've clearly made up by yourself.

Like I said, bigger is not better.

Most girls beg to differ ;)

On a more serious note, in a bigger community you're more likely to find more enjoyable people than in a small community. Also more dick-heads of course, but for that we got this lovely 'ignore feature'.

You didn't say dead. You said low pop. As for large versus dead, are there truly any completely dead servers? Perhaps new ones, or ones recently vacated by large scale server transfers. I would find completely dead servers kind of boring. I enjoy world PvP and I also enjoy doing world events and achievements, many of which require multiple people.

Are you just pretending to be stupid, or are you actually trolling me? A low populated server is in my dictionary a dead server (there could be exceptions). However, as the topic stated, I wanted to understand why some people DID NOT WANT a community. I think this is the third time telling it to you.

I can't say I really agree with the hipster term. I used to be a very frequent party goer. It was mainly an excuse to get wasted and hook up. I never really experienced people being overly social, and I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but if I did find someone annoying, and they refused to take a subtle hint, then telling them to fuck off tended to work quite nicely. As for friends, yes, either I have use of them, or I don't, even if that use is simply my enjoying their company.

How very sweet.

Your definition of the word does not change the fact that dead and low are entirely different things, as are MVP and bracket managers. You really don't understand the difference? Of course you do. You just choose to troll. You are a troll.

Like I said, community is about people, and even low population realms have people on them. Large populations of 20s just make for drama and politics as people are forced to take sides. You obviously haven't been around long enough to see it. AGMs are easy to get with enough help. If you lack the social skills to get people to help you, that's your problem. If you restrict your community to free playing 20s, same problem.

There are a few high to moderate population 20 realms where they are actively trying to form communities of 20s, but I personally have no use for them. Simply being a 20 with the same restrictions I have does not make me want to get to know someone. My experience of them on my own realms have not made me want to know more of them.

The first and most important reason for choosing a server for me is ping. Some are located in different physical locations and some have much higher latency than others. Time zone is another factor, as are the people you're playing with. It's not about AGMs. They are a simple matter to get if you know how. Like I said before, if you just assume it's too difficult, you'll never get it. The same applies to the LFH or sea turtle. A lot of people will never get them because they're too lazy.

Your definition of the word does not change the fact that dead and low are entirely different things, as are MVP and bracket managers. You really don't understand the difference? Of course you do. You just choose to troll. You are a troll.

A low populated server is often a dead server, hence why dead server = low populated server. And no, I don't understand the difference between being a Bracket Manager and being a MVP -- could you please enlighten me?

Like I said, community is about people, and even low population realms have people on them. Large populations of 20s just make for drama and politics as people are forced to take sides. You obviously haven't been around long enough to see it. AGMs are easy to get with enough help. If you lack the social skills to get people to help you, that's your problem. If you restrict your community to free playing 20s, same problem.

I haven't been around long enough? The very first day that F2P was announced I made a twink on AP, came back a few weeks ago and created my Mage and Hunter (lol).

With your personality I can somewhat get that you attract drama.

AND OF COURSE AGM is easy with ENOUGH HELP! Unfortunately on AP, you need dollares and not social skills -- money talks. And by the way, it's fucking hard to interact with 85's while being a TRAIL I.E. it's fucking hard to communicate with someone when you can't whisper.

There are a few high to moderate population 20 realms where they are actively trying to form communities of 20s, but I personally have no use for them. Simply being a 20 with the same restrictions I have does not make me want to get to know someone. My experience of them on my own realms have not made me want to know more of them.

And I fully respect that, I'm glad you enjoy it in your loneliness.

The first and most important reason for choosing a server for me is ping. Some are located in different physical locations and some have much higher latency than others. Time zone is another factor, as are the people you're playing with. It's not about AGMs. They are a simple matter to get if you know how. Like I said before, if you just assume it's too difficult, you'll never get it. The same applies to the LFH or sea turtle. A lot of people will never get them because they're too lazy.

LFH is RNG, just fish 2h each week and you've done enough. Don't even know why anyone would want to get sea turtle, it's not like it has a functional value.

I would appreciate if you would quote me when replying, and also facing my arguments.

Users who are viewing this thread