Wsg time limit 20 mins = Arcade game?

With the speed enhancements and limited time now applied to WSG, what is blizzard attempting to acomplish here? Or is this just some by-product of lvl 80 balancing?

Im not really sure. It seems like a pointless change that takes most of the fun out of WSG. hopefully enough people will complain on the forums to get them to either make it a longer time limit or revoke the change fully.

Kokne said:
Im not really sure. It seems like a pointless change that takes most of the fun out of WSG. hopefully enough people will complain on the forums to get them to either make it a longer time limit or revoke the change fully.

Hopefully.

Mummified said:
With the speed enhancements and limited time now applied to WSG, what is blizzard attempting to acomplish here? Or is this just some by-product of lvl 80 balancing?

It's certainly a by-product of level-cap balancing. They aren't trying to hurt twinks. The speed benefits were to improve leveling times and ease, and the 20 minute cap is something the userbase has been asking for for a while to prevent turtling that max-level WSG suffers from.

It might seem like a drag at first, but then people will get used to it and adapt. That's my prediction. I've seen it happen time and time again. The only real problem that remains, is, has been, and always wil be, hunters.

No offence to Duckhunt or other hunter-twinks that actually seem to know what there doing :p

Honestly, I had to quit playing WSG PuGs since my kid was born 'cuz I don't have 90 minutes to sit around while some jerks farm mid. This change sucks for premades but it's awesome for those of us who are more casual.

Does this apply to people who pay the 10g to turn off all experience accumulation? I don't see it in the patch notes... but it only seems logical to either omit the time limit or at least extend the duration a bit.

Kokne said:

I actually have my hopes up on this one. Everytime some baddie comes on the pvp forum and starts whining about wsg being too long the thread ends up with about 50 people saying STFU and about 3 people agreeing with him.

In fact, thinking about it makes me wonder why the hell they even decided it was what people wanted.

Good thing I already have it <3

But .. yeah I wanted it on my hunter =( Oh wellz. I think 20 min, personally, is stupid.. even with my broken druid (I refused to replace any of my gear >< Fishing gear is for winners!!!) I can kite for that long.. and if not just keep a chain of flag grabbing. Imo almost every game with more then 1 twink is going to be a tie.

Neffi said:
It's certainly a by-product of level-cap balancing. They aren't trying to hurt twinks. The speed benefits were to improve leveling times and ease, and the 20 minute cap is something the userbase has been asking for for a while to prevent turtling that max-level WSG suffers from.

You don't seem to know what you are talking about. Blizzard already fixed WSG turtles a long time ago when they implemented the flag carrier debuff. Just because people can't click the flag fast enough when the FC dies, doesn't mean WSG should be limited to 20 minutes. They are destroying any and all pvp in this game slowly. My opinion is they plan to release a game more focused on pvp. They want you to spend 15 dollars a month and pve on WoW, and than spend an extra 15 dollars a month and pvp in their new game. Honestly I can't see the logic if this is not the indefinite outcome.

Two the last two posters.

The idea that Blizzard would hurt this game just to direct traffic to their new game is ridiculous. Wow is their flagship title. My guess is that the new game will be aimed at a different demographic.

And I think WOW will be around as long as people are still renewing subs. They're not just got to end it, when it's still pulling revenue.

15$ a month from HOW MANY MILLION /Month???? lol

No way they will stop.

but the 20 min wsg will loose them alot of subscribers. already been talking to a few that are planning on selling their accnts if this goes active.

the debuff is gunna be alot more important now.

Blizzard still has longterm plans with the World of Warcraft franchise, since player numbers still climb worldwide (11.7m), though most key markets show signs of stagnation, Blizzard would never hurt its franchise in order to promote the next one, that would really be bad advertising, don't you think ? And why now, when the next franchise will not come before 2012 ? The new franchise will also not be PvP-centered.

Furthermore I don't understand why 20min WSG should be arcade gaming, since player skills are still useful in a Twink-BG, are they not ?

I agree with Coolzo...we can and will adapt, maybe even like it in the end.

well so much for damage control at 19

edit: not that I would ever want to get it, but the possibility is now gone

first let me say i am talking about end-game pve and pvp here if for some reason you aren't reading this correctly:

any long-term positive plans are for pve i hate to break it to you. pvp is dead for a lot of people and slowly dieing for the rest. in a few more patches it will be unbearable. all they are trying to do is quicken the leveling process in battlegrounds. because with the new experience gains in bgs, people will be upset if they have to play a 1 hour warsong that never ends, even though they could easily afk and do 1 quest and the afk debuff will be gone. blizzard wants you and your buddies lvl 80 and raiding ulduar as fast as possible. wow is about pve now.

long gone are the days of pvp without resilience. where skill actually took place. blizzard has brought us instagibb fests around pillars and in the process totally marginalized the original pvp is was founded on out in the world and into battlegrounds. it's disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread