Worth twinking now or even in Cata?

Twinks won't immediately flourish once Cata hits because lots of people will be leveling their mains/alts to see the changes, like ^ people said. But once everybody settles in I think it the community will be larger than ever.

Having played twinks since before Battlegroups as well as having experience with a great deal of WoW content over the years - here's my two cents.

Twinking is likely to make a significant comeback for the reasons other posters have pointed out. If I were in your shoes, I would get the AGM and buy the BOAs suitable to the class(es) you wish to play. I am not so sure I would spend much time on other gear as we have no idea what will be BiS after all of the CATA changes get implemented.

Playing now to get some experience, as some posters have suggested, does not make sense to me. Class abilities and balance will dramatically change with CATA, so your TBC experience is just as valid (though perhaps rusty) as getting WOTLK twink experience. Sure, play now if you want, but don't feel like you need to.

As for me, I am personally looking forward to dusting off my 19 Sergeant rogue and harassing all the Hunters that have beening pwning for 2(?) years. Full disclosure: I have a hunter twink too.

Kushington said:
My Druid so far The World of Warcraft Armory - Kushqt @ Arthas - Profile

Still leveling and getting professions up there, have almost all my BoEs in bag so all that's left is Fishing gear and AGM. BoAs should be pretty easy to get, and have a friend that's willing to help me farm my pouch for when it's time to go FC.

Good job, your toon is already well underway. One thing I recommend is getting Engineering instead of Mining for now, so you can use Green Tinted Goggles, the second best head slot item for all classes because getting the hat will take quite some time. Wait: Actually BEFORE that you should get skinning to do the herb/skin glitch, will make herbalism 100 times easier. Once you max herbalism, drop skin and get Eng, once you get Hat, drop Eng for something else that looks nice. Either skinning for the crit or mining for the health.

Herb/skin glitch link: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/10-19-bracket/11314-herb-skinning-glitch.html

Kore's second post pretty much explains how to do it but if you need help let me know :)

Khanodruid said:
Good job, your toon is already well underway. One thing I recommend is getting Engineering instead of Mining for now, so you can use Green Tinted Goggles, the second best head slot item for all classes because getting the hat will take quite some time. Wait: Actually BEFORE that you should get skinning to do the herb/skin glitch, will make herbalism 100 times easier. Once you max herbalism, drop skin and get Eng, once you get Hat, drop Eng for something else that looks nice. Either skinning for the crit or mining for the health.

Herb/skin glitch link: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/10-19-bracket/11314-herb-skinning-glitch.html

Kore's second post pretty much explains how to do it but if you need help let me know :)

Thank you, I should be ok on hat and picking up mining and leveling it will take me forever and cost me too much to level it up. I know with mining I could essentially have enough mats to level Engi but it just seems like too much work and wasted effort. I usually have my weekends free and if the hat is all I have to worry about I feel great about making my twink. I have plenty of friends to cart me aroundand clear mobs etc so I can fish anywhere I like in STV.

You input on the herb/skin glitch was a good idea tho thanks for that I had read that post and completely forgotten about it haha

Oh also all my leveling and profession leveling was only about 2-3 hours of actual play time as I afk a lot during leveling etc (I get bored easily) and I know the perfect spots for leveling Herb/Mining really quickly and have a gathering addon that helps me with that plus a helpful friend (Mechano Chopper FTW) so when it comes time I can get it done pretty quickly that way too.

Users who are viewing this thread