EU+US World of Warcraft Item Restoration - Question

FiveSpice

Legend
Hi All

Question for your combined massive expertise.

I recently had epic Boarhide Leggings drop for my vet rogue. Yay!

In my excitement I equipped them right away - IRL you try them on as soon as your new mail order threads arrive in the post right?

Then I start browsing for a good enchant & spot how Cattywompus pimped his cool new strides here: Sneakybean.

It was then it dawned on me, which he confirmed, that I should be enchanting BOE legs on a high level alt before equipping. OK schoolboy error - well I'm not a full time pro player so there's much I don't know. (Also, had the Norovirus at the weekend so not firing on all cylinders yet.)

So here are my options as I see it:
  1. Cattywompus (most excellent dude that he is) suggests pleading with a GM to unbind them - I'm willing to beg as they took me ages to farm.
  2. Vendor them, then use World of Warcraft Item Restoration to get them back, hence my title.
My question is - if I go option 2, will they be restored box fresh BOE or will they be soulbound as I sold them? (Link at 2 does not explain.)

Grateful for advice from anyone with experience of this situation.

Thank you.

no. 1 will unbind them, but the chances are high, that they will be lvl 5 or something after the restoration, thats what happend to my Magefists even when i told him, he added the wrong lvl, he said, he cant change the lvl ......
no. 2 wont unbind your item.
go for 1 and if it end up low lvl, farm a new one /cheer
[doublepost=1563188601,1563188527][/doublepost]and dont tell the gm you want to unbind them for an enchant, tell them you wanted to sell them, and missclicked the pants instead of a different boe

I had two epic foamspittle staffs, one scaled to 60 for my lock, the other scaled to level 20 for my vet lock.

I accidentally equipped the wrong epic staff and opened a ticket, they understood the mistake and restored the item to bop and to it's level 20 scale...

I think this is nearly always a situation of who and how you speak to a GM.

Thanks to all who advised - here's what I did:
  1. Begged a GM for help by raising a ticket.
    1. Answer - no dice.
  2. Vendored the item to restore later.
    1. It took a couple of days to appear as an item that could be restored.
    2. To try to clear the pipe as it were I vendored a couple more items I really didn't want.
    3. Immediately the item appeared as available to restore (along with the pipe clearing ones).
    4. It was in the mail as promised when I logged in.
    5. In Mail it displayed as "Bind On Equip". My hopes were raised.
    6. Unfortunately when I opened it it was Soulbound with the (minor) enchant I had put onto it intact.
Hope this helps someone else in a similar situation.

Ah well - back to the farm.

Thanks to all who advised - here's what I did:
  1. Begged a GM for help by raising a ticket.
    1. Answer - no dice.
  2. Vendored the item to restore later.
    1. It took a couple of days to appear as an item that could be restored.
    2. To try to clear the pipe as it were I vendored a couple more items I really didn't want.
    3. Immediately the item appeared as available to restore (along with the pipe clearing ones).
    4. It was in the mail as promised when I logged in.
    5. In Mail it displayed as "Bind On Equip". My hopes were raised.
    6. Unfortunately when I opened it it was Soulbound with the (minor) enchant I had put onto it intact.
Hope this helps someone else in a similar situation.

Ah well - back to the farm.

That's unfortunate dude. While farming i'd keep a ticket open and cross my testicles that you get an understanding GM to help resolve.

That's unfortunate dude. While farming i'd keep a ticket open and cross my testicles that you get an understanding GM to help resolve.

I would not recommend this, testicular torsion can be very serious and require surgical intervention to correct. Stick to fingers and toes my dude!

Users who are viewing this thread