Wondering About Current State of F2P

Guild Wars 2 is falling apart at the seams, so I'm looking for something else to sate my MMO thirst while I wait for Blade n' Soul to come out. I figured I'd enjoy a quick blast from the past and get back into free to play / veteran twinking.

I stopped playing f2p WoW - and WoW overall - sometime around the release of WoD, so I'm curious if the state of the bracket has changed in any major way?
Are ferals still broken? Mages/Warlocks still niche? Enhancement still lackluster?

I also noticed that the f2paddon seems to have been abandoned, so I'm also a bit curious about what's going on with that.

Edit: My main was Suroti, alliance side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bother come back until legion. 90% of games are terrible.

Guild Wars 2 is falling apart at the seams, so I'm looking for something else to sate my MMO thirst while I wait for Blade n' Soul to come out. I figured I'd enjoy a quick blast from the past and get back into free to play / veteran twinking.

I stopped playing f2p WoW - and WoW overall - sometime around the release of WoD, so I'm curious if the state of the bracket has changed in any major way?
Are ferals still broken? Mages/Warlocks still niche? Enhancement still lackluster?

I also noticed that the f2paddon seems to have been abandoned, so I'm also a bit curious about what's going on with that.

Arena pvp is pretty good check this out - http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f21...pionship-hosted-maldiva-|recap-videos|-74393/

get in touch with [MENTION=14560]Fael[/MENTION] he can fill you in on a lot of stuff on Skype.

Eh, people see BGs as a bad choice etc. I personally see each bg as a challenge if i am a F2P. I have been playing hunter occasionally and have been able to make a change in the games even as one, against f2p/vet/29 FCs. Its basically positioning and when to do what you are supposed to do. To my knowledge, WoD has been a blast so far, i have improved in some ways i thought i would never. I have myself and a lot of people to thank for that. If you play as a f2p nowadays bgs you will probably be a good player in the upcoming expansion. You have to work in different directions, i am currently focusing more on 10v10s and different strategies i could use in one of them.

Try it out, if you want to improve at the game.

Eh, people see BGs as a bad choice etc. I personally see each bg as a challenge if i am a F2P. I have been playing hunter occasionally and have been able to make a change in the games even as one, against f2p/vet/29 FCs. Its basically positioning and when to do what you are supposed to do. To my knowledge, WoD has been a blast so far, i have improved in some ways i thought i would never. I have myself and a lot of people to thank for that. If you play as a f2p nowadays bgs you will probably be a good player in the upcoming expansion. You have to work in different directions, i am currently focusing more on 10v10s and different strategies i could use in one of them.

Try it out, if you want to improve at the game.

Jeez Lenny you such a COPYCAT I was practicing for 10vs10 in pugs on my rogue and you want to come and take my answer Goshhhhh

As you can see from the answers here, it is all about perspectives. If you come in thinking it is going to be "easy" and seeking instant gratification, well, playing a Trial or a level 20 may not be for you.

Wow dude I remember Suroti. That was like a billion years ago. No way you'll remember me Galeina @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft but wb.

Yes basically to all your questions. Feral is still broken. Vet basically let's you roll anything you like as it's all decently viable with chants. Which is great. Enhancement with high haste and EF is very doable and fun. The add-on still works but I don't think any new versions are coming.

Hi all
Sorry if i bother you.Im new here so i can't post new threads and im kind lazzy to find answers on form + i need quick answers.
i see you know a lot about f2p..so
If you can tell me..im playing for sometime as f2p and im curious:
1: after i buy now wow game and become p2p for one month but my characters stay 20lvl except one ofc. and after one month will i enable to continue play as f2p on my 20 characers?
2:if i will make enchants on my 20lvl characters will they stay on them if i will be enable go back and play as f2p?
3: if i make lvl 19 and stop xp on them and go back to f2p will xp still be stop?

i see some f2p who have all hairlooms on them( i know if you collect looms on p2p thad you will have them on f2p same as mounts)
i know also you can stop xp now on f2p and you can do all except BGs

so if you can be kind and answer to this questions..ofc if you know.

tnx a lot and again sorry to bother you
(btw. sry 4 my bad english)

1. yes.
2. yes.
3. no.

note that upgrading your account turns you in to veteran. Thus you will no longer be a starter.
Also you will have to deal with annoying "Reactivate your account" info every time you are on character login screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all
Sorry if i bother you.Im new here so i can't post new threads and im kind lazzy to find answers on form + i need quick answers.
i see you know a lot about f2p..so
If you can tell me..im playing for sometime as f2p and im curious:
1: after i buy now wow game and become p2p for one month but my characters stay 20lvl except one ofc. and after one month will i enable to continue play as f2p on my 20 characers?
2:if i will make enchants on my 20lvl characters will they stay on them if i will be enable go back and play as f2p?
3: if i make lvl 19 and stop xp on them and go back to f2p will xp still be stop?

i see some f2p who have all hairlooms on them( i know if you collect looms on p2p thad you will have them on f2p same as mounts)
i know also you can stop xp now on f2p and you can do all except BGs

so if you can be kind and answer to this questions..ofc if you know.

tnx a lot and again sorry to bother you
(btw. sry 4 my bad english)

1. yes - after your sub ends, you can still play all your level 20's. I'd be interested to see however if your F2P toons technically become a Vet after the sub ends. With Vet toons, your professions stuff up a bit, and even with say 100 skill, you can't make anything more than around 75 skill. I'm guessing there may be a chance your professions could play up a bit after your sub ends. Maybe someone who's experienced this can comment.

2. yes, enchants will remain after your sub ends, and technically that's what Vet's do, they chant up their toons then when the sub ends, they have all enchanted gear.

3. Not too sure, I've never locked XP at 19 then let my sub run out. Sorry can't help with that one.

Vets have an advantage with enchants, bag space and the ability to use items obtained from higher level characters while the account is active. Once inactive, the account is restricted in the same way starter accounts are. It is described as such at Blizzards site that inactive accounts revert to starter. They do not even use the term 'veteran.' There's a misguided zealotry of sorts about staying starter when truth is you have the option to play with or without the few advantages once you've subscribed.

Professions revert also and are limited to level 100 crafting. However, if you've leveled beyond that you will be able to use items available to that level (as long as you do nothing while not subscribed that would level that profession). Older characters (I think pre-WoD) are the exception. They can both create and use items beyond level 100, again as long as nothing is done that would level the profession.

All starters have locked on XP, so 19 twinks are not possible.

To the OP, queue times are the biggest killer imo. The game and it's price have changed significantly since starters became a thing. YMMV as to whether or not it's worth your time waiting for a bg to pop.

I'm posting this resonse to help people in your situation (confused about which MMO to play). Don't play MMOs. It's simple. If you want quality pvp, play a FPS or Moba. MMOs come out with the promise of glory, only to prove how broken the MMO mold really is. Until someone reinvents the MMO, they aren't worth playing. Especially F2 Wow. It was never good, fun, or exciting; just another time sink that proves how badly Blizzard is at game design.

'Blade n Soul' sounds like some really shitty Nexon MMO that promises all the grindy BS and none of the things that make an MMO an MMO.

What do you think is wrong with gw2 then ;o?
Think new xpac is amazing with the exceptions to a little bit of class imbalance on the dragonhunter and the revenant. But im able to beat almost anything in 1v1 with my engineer wich isnt considered op so i can only assume the other classes can too ^^

Well that's a damn shame...

As a F2P who picked up back in Cataclysm, it really gets me down whenever I come back to check on how the community is doing, in hopes of a time as brilliant as then. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean that the F2P community now is bad, I just really wholeheartedly miss the old days.

Writing this really makes me want to just hop back in the game and attempt a queue or two...

Users who are viewing this thread