Wizkids Stream!

Imo you carried the 10v10s with poly. Most others probably didn't notice but I was in a unique position as the alliance resto shaman. It was difficult on me to have our mistweaver absent, more importantly than the difference in healing output it meant that I had the only dispel on alliance. This was a huge deal from my perspective and a distinct weakness that we both recognized immediately (we see each other setting focus before gates open) It meant that I was the only player where full duration cc really mattered. The horde healers could protect each other with two dispels. This forced me to play at a range that made purging impossible (its a big deal to purge envelop/bubble on kill targets) and reduced my effective healing. In the situations where I couldn't range/interrupt/trinket (and I did spend the majority of every game hyper conscious of your positioning) the momentum immediately shifted. You were in an advantageous spot to exploit a weakness in our comp, and sure there were other issues on our side and some individual mistakes that I wont mention, but you managed to do so with persistence while rarely being punished for it, something that not many other mages in our bracket could do. So /nod to you, but also get off my d already, and ggs.

Imo you carried the 10v10s with poly. Most others probably didn't notice but I was in a unique position as the alliance resto shaman. It was difficult on me to have our mistweaver absent, more importantly than the difference in healing output it meant that I had the only dispel on alliance. This was a huge deal from my perspective and a distinct weakness that we both recognized immediately (we see each other setting focus before gates open) It meant that I was the only player where full duration cc really mattered. The horde healers could protect each other with two dispels. This forced me to play at a range that made purging impossible (its a big deal to purge envelop/bubble on kill targets) and reduced my effective healing. In the situations where I couldn't range/interrupt/trinket (and I did spend the majority of every game hyper conscious of your positioning) the momentum immediately shifted. You were in an advantageous spot to exploit a weakness in our comp, and sure there were other issues on our side and some individual mistakes that I wont mention, but you managed to do so with persistence while rarely being punished for it, something that not many other mages in our bracket could do. So /nod to you, but also get off my d already, and ggs.

I noticed it as well.

As Priest for Horde, I spent the majority of teamfights pre-healing wizkid.

I had HB set as my focus target, because I knew he was likely to be the target caller, and anytime he began to cast into Wiz, I was ready with PW:S and Penance.

Keeping Wiz up in the middle of their team was one of the biggest difference makers, in hindsight. It was unfair not to have healers mirrored, and I realize that now.

I've actually been kind of beating myself up over comps now that these games are over - I don't consider it a success that we closed out; because my job was to create balanced games.

Regardless, the games were very competitive and hopefully good educational experiences for the newer players on both teams.

Thanks for participating, hopefully we can do more again soon.

I noticed it as well.
As Priest for Horde, I spent the majority of teamfights pre-healing wizkid.
I had HB set as my focus target, because I knew he was likely to be the target caller, and anytime he began to cast into Wiz, I was ready with PW:S and Penance.
Keeping Wiz up in the middle of their team was one of the biggest difference makers, in hindsight. It was unfair not to have healers mirrored, and I realize that now.
I've actually been kind of beating myself up over comps now that these games are over - I don't consider it a success that we closed out; because my job was to create balanced games.
Regardless, the games were very competitive and hopefully good educational experiences for the newer players on both teams.
Thanks for participating, hopefully we can do more again soon.

I posted here because I felt like Wizkid and I were playing a lot of cat and mouse with cs/shear and poly/range throughout the games. I wanted to acknowledge him but I couldn't help elaborating a little. Bop, If it seems like I was subversively criticizing you, that was the opposite of my intention. I chose not to post on the 10v10 thread because I didn't want it to come across as though I was making excuses or pointing fingers. Its rare that these events ever run perfectly, someone will dc or someone wont show up and beyond that the losers will always find something to moan about. I'm not immune to that but I do try to make logical points where I feel strongly. In this example you scheduled mirrored heals and someone you have no control over flaked out (we all have real lives and shit comes up sometimes, the inconsiderate thing was not giving time or notice) That's in no way your fault and despite anything else I think we all had fun. I think I told you privately that I appreciate the work that goes into organizing these premades but it should be said publicly too. Its events like these that keep f2p entertaining and competitive and they're not possible without people like you so thanks.

I posted here because I felt like Wizkid and I were playing a lot of cat and mouse with cs/shear and poly/range throughout the games. I wanted to acknowledge him but I couldn't help elaborating a little. Bop, If it seems like I was subversively criticizing you, that was the opposite of my intention. I chose not to post on the 10v10 thread because I didn't want it to come across as though I was making excuses or pointing fingers. Its rare that these events ever run perfectly, someone will dc or someone wont show up and beyond that the losers will always find something to moan about. I'm not immune to that but I do try to make logical points where I feel strongly. In this example you scheduled mirrored heals and someone you have no control over flaked out (we all have real lives and shit comes up sometimes, the inconsiderate thing was not giving time or notice) That's in no way your fault and despite anything else I think we all had fun. I think I told you privately that I appreciate the work that goes into organizing these premades but it should be said publicly too. Its events like these that keep f2p entertaining and competitive and they're not possible without people like you so thanks.

I didn't take anything you said to be critical towards me. I'm just self analyzing, with the hopes of improving things in the future.

All of the Alliance players have been positive about the games when I've gone and talked to them, and I appreciate that.

I'm just looking at it from the perspective that, if someone doesn't analyze the team balance to improve it in the future, no one will.

My goal is to create fun and educational games that all parties will enjoy when competing - and I think for the most part that goal was accomplished.

Thanks Jib, that means a lot to me. Yeah I did notice that you were the only dispel fairly quickly, and felt I should prioritize putting you in a sheep and CS'ing livingforce at the same time in order to make your line fall back due to pressure. Other times I just tried to make it so you couldn't reach the fight. Whatever works! Felt it was more effective then just sitting there spamming damage. I left your teams resto druid alone since they really dont heal for all that much compared to priest and shaman :p

I admire the way you kept an eye on my positioning and adjusted yours accordingly. At times it was seriously frustrating to try and catch you. I'd look over and you'd literally be in Africa you were so far away. I hope your entire team knows how hard your job was those four games, and how well you avoided the CC. If you didn't have the awareness to constantly adjust to what I was doing, it would have been significantly harder on your team. Kudos to your Rsham play, I was impressed, and ggs :)

Users who are viewing this thread