will guild hierlooms be allowed in premades in 6.1?

Neon

666 god
since pure f2ps cannot obtain guild hierlooms will they be banned from premades, or are the stats not that gamechanging?

That's a question that we're really going to have to look at after we've seen how the F2P culture shifts. If (as I suspect) most F2Ps take the option of becoming paid-and-lapsed accounts, then I think you're going to see a month's worth of dead time as everyone gears up, followed by -everyone- having guild looms, in which the question will be moot. On the other hand, maybe that won't happen, and only linked accounts (which, by my survey, constitute 75% of responding twinks on this forum) will have guild looms. Of course there will be those like me who are linked, but whose account is inactive and doesn't possess the guild looms on that account anyway. So there's going to be no way we can set a rule now, and hope it applies fairly to an unknown environment later.

That's a question that we're really going to have to look at after we've seen how the F2P culture shifts. If (as I suspect) most F2Ps take the option of becoming paid-and-lapsed accounts, then I think you're going to see a month's worth of dead time as everyone gears up, followed by -everyone- having guild looms, in which the question will be moot. On the other hand, maybe that won't happen, and only linked accounts (which, by my survey, constitute 75% of responding twinks on this forum) will have guild looms. Of course there will be those like me who are linked, but whose account is inactive and doesn't possess the guild looms on that account anyway. So there's going to be no way we can set a rule now, and hope it applies fairly to an unknown environment later.

there will always be the f2ps that will never pay a cent to blizzard would it be socially acceptable to wear gear that they cant get in thier bracket?

if a f2p had full guild looms and enchants what would be the difference between them and another p2p? nothing besides one pays for the game and the other doesnt

if this changes like you said, we should play 19s and leave the real f2ps be

also, very curious to see if f2p premade standards change

With gear scaling so well i doubt guild heirlooms are going to matter that much.

only cases where it would be a huge advantage is when enchants get involved and i don't think the heirloom tab facilitates transfering enchants in its current state.

With gear scaling so well i doubt guild heirlooms are going to matter that much.

only cases where it would be a huge advantage is when enchants get involved and i don't think the heirloom tab facilitates transfering enchants in its current state.

Pretty much this ^^

They won't be a huge difference, but they will be BiS for quite a few classes - and they're inaccessible without paying money, which immediately makes them break the F2P code of ethics.

As of right now, if only 1 person was able to access them, they would be lumped into the same boat as someone who gamed a GM for full BoA's.

However if, as [MENTION=8138]Kincaide[/MENTION] suggests, there is a culture shift then there is a chance guild BoAs may be accepted.

All good points, also keep in mind that there were people in the last 10v10 on Alliance side with no heirlooms at all, and yet we still won 2 of 3 games.

Again this is all speculation until we see how prevalent veteran F2Ps are in our community; to even speculate now about what rules we're going to follow would have a chance of crystallizing in our minds some arbitrary "way" that things should "be". That wouldn't be fair to the emerging paradigm. Just let things happen as they will, and if anyone has serious problems with something as we go, we'll deal with that then.

there will always be the f2ps that will never pay a cent to blizzard. Would it be socially acceptable to wear gear that they cant get in thier bracket?

Sure they can! People have earned it fair and square on their P2P's. They won't do alot of harm in an environment with barely any enchants. And atleast this way people can stop complaining about skillpatch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much the same thing i said in Veteran Edition account (6.1 update)
Nope, this truly belongs to P2P 20-29, i don't know what blizzard intends to do with it, but for us F2Ps i think it SHOULD NOT be allowed. Why ? Well, lets say, what do we use the term F2P Restrictions for ?! Hmm.
Yeah. There is a reason why blizzard calls it "Veteran Edition" ... It is a once PAID account , but you can log on only to lv <=20 characters. Your characters might have guild heirlooms , might have enchants (111+ skill)... if they do, they are NOT classified as F2P, because Starter and Veteran are totally different things, (you can play a f2p with restrictions in a veteran tho) .

So, nope!

just keep trial gear for if you're doing a pvp event organised here and otherwise it doesn't really matter what gear you use i suppose

Trials have been able to get guild heirlooms. I have them on two of my trials. It is just a matter of manipulating the system.
However, I keep a set of full "F2P" gear on each just for community events such as the " battle for Southshore" and the upcoming arena tournament.

If you have the enough coordination to set up class limitations and whatnot for a 10v10, then you can make guidelines for gearing as well. It's all good as long as everyone agrees to the rules.

Now, trying to get people to abide by this, outside of a wargame type thing, will be a whole other deal. You'd have to publish rules in a sticky here, and shun/kick people that didn't abide by them in regular wsgs, like other brackets do. And since most of the randoms in bracket really participate in the forums, good luck trying to get people to abide by them, outside of a scheduled game.

Anyway, BoAs aren't going to be nearly as big of an issue as the enchants, but that's really just the same thing but different.

I don't see this being a massive issue since several of the people even in the 10v10's weren't completely bis (although this is because some of them were in offspec). I think for competitive games it comes down to the decision of whoever is organizing it.

Heirlooms are not necessarily BiS with current scaling. Without the enchants, Guild Looms will not be game changing.

Have a 20 on your main account that you have as p2p or quit playing. Buy all BOE needed. Get all heirlooms. Farm rest of needed gear. Put BiS enchants on from AH or your enchanter as a high level. Let time run out. Win, pretty much.

As far as I see it - and don't get me wrong, I've had multiple P2P accounts in the past - seeing as you need to have PAID for something directly affecting your FREE to play characters, I certainly won't be using them on my account.

IMHO F2P should NOT have paid benefits in any "F2P" events, I'm surprised this is even up for discussion - if they were to be made allowed, then they would most likely become the meta.

Ok. Personal opinion aside, as others have pointed out the items probably won't make a noticeable difference, players are good or bad regardless of a few stats, so it's whatever.

Edit: cleaned up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I see it - and don't get me wrong, I've had multiple P2P accounts in the past - seeing as you need to have paid for something on your F2P, I won't be using them on my account that's for sure.

I have heard people say things like "Oh you don't actually pay on your F2P so it doesn't matter." Yeah. Whilst that is true, you may aswell just make a P2P 20 and call it a day of you're going to pay for things on your "Free to play" account.

IMHO F2P should NOT have paid benefits in any "F2P" events, I'm surprised this is even up for discussion - if they were to be made allowed, then they would become the meta. I don't want to see that happen.

Edit: other option is everybody who wants to play in events could do what Efflorescence said. (Poster above me)

^
This times 10

if they were to be made allowed, then they would most likely become the meta.

If veteran accounts become the norm because most of us use them, then they become the meta on their own, and by the same logic, we should allow them, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread