Why Twink?

SekcMustard

Legend
Ever wonder why we call a player obtaining the maximum gear for its level a twink? I did so I consulted with the supreme source of truth on the internet and searched the tag twink on tumblr. After loosing the remaining half of my manhood I wiki'd it to find this:

"Twink" is a gay slang term describing a young or young-looking gay man with a slender, ectomorph build, little or no body hair, and no facial hair. [SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP]In some societies, the term chick or chicken is preferred.[SUP][6][/SUP] The related term twinkle-toes, which implies that a man is effeminate, tends to be used in a derogatory manner.[SUP][7][/SUP] The terms can be complimentary or pejorative.[SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9]

[/SUP]
So my question to the community is why are you a twink?

First twink must have been a male belf.

Imagen how many disapointed people check this site.

I really have no idea where the name came from, I first heard it early vanilla, but I think some genious dude thought twinking was gay, and we are never top level so= smal.

Twink because it probably has relation to the word 'tweeked'. Probably some loser wrote" 'My char is totally got all the twinked BiS gear ^^" and so the term twink was born.

I've actually heard of this being discussed previously in different forums and usually, the main response I see is that the word twink came from the twink definition of a gay inexperienced male that get all of their sexual knowledge from a more older male, or something of the sort. Anyway, the same word is given to describe our characters because back in the cool days of BC, before things got ruined, twinks would have to get all their enchants and gear from their main characters and basically buff them up. Hence the term.

Honestly I don't believe WoW twink has anything to do with the definition of twink that you stumbled upon. They are two entirely separate meanings.

"Munchkins are infamous for various degrees of cheating, willfully misinterpreting rules that work against them while loudly proclaiming ones that work in their favor. As a matter of course they selectively obey the letter of rules while perverting the spirit blatantly. The worst munchkins will cheat shamelessly, ignoring inconvenient numerical modifiers and fouling dice throws till they get the result they want. During character creation, munchkins engage in vicious ''min-maxing, leading to exceptionally unrealistic or unusual characters that make no sense except in terms of raw power."
220px-Munchkins-film.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread