EU+US Why some Picking 39 over 29

Moloko333

Grandfathered
I did some research and here my data based findings and ideas.

1. Queue times are roughly the same. I found over a week that 39 bracket queues on average are only 49 seconds longer than 29 queues. That is not from a super large data set, but seems valid.

2. Engineering not required. Considering the almost minuscule effect of so called BiS gear vs. the time and aggravation (I freaking HATE leveling engineering--even though I have it down to a science) of leveling Engineering. 39 top end gear is 44 ilevel with random dungeon shoulders being 45. But if you still obsess on every bit of gear score and the 0.18% crit and 2 spellpower/attackpower you gain, then some better scores can come from trinkets available over level 35.

3. Variety. It feels like there is more variety in 39 bracket. Lots of fire mages and shamans.

4. Weapon speed. THIS is a big deal for twinks and overlooked by many. The Sword of Decay, a one handed sword with 3.4 swing speed is a joy for Outlaw rogues. The Pacifier for retribution pallies has a 4.0 speed. Go into a bg and change out a Sword of Decay with your heirloom sword and see the difference in top end damage. Sniper Rifle for MM and BM hunters has a 3.0 speed. Bonus--for assassination rogues--there are TWO daggers available from the blood elf starting area with 2.5 swing speeds, the iLevel loss is more than made up in damage. Too bad the 3.5 one handed axe from the blood elf starting area is gone. EDIT: There is a dagger from Durator with a 2.6 speed.

5. Druids. If you are so into Feral after WoD and are stuck, 39 bracket is better for you.

6. Less cock measuring. Seems fewer "troll twinks" in 39s. You know what I mean. The guy that talks smack all the time about his gear, and his gear and about his gear, and his ability to camp gy, and his gear. Fewer of those.

7. Same amount of midtards. I see no great increase in midtard levels in 39 over 29.

Last edited:
I literally just made this 39 rogue today and am in the process of getting BiS (WORLD), it's really fun, the bracket is balanced with rogues still being strong and we get vanish, blind AND roll the bones between levels 30-39. It really is great, haven't had this much fun on a character in a while. Not to mention the endless world pvp possibilities in the plaguelands, which is a great change after being bored to death of stv.

Btw, what is your refined way to level engi?:)

edit: btw, do you know any other good slow weapons I can use, buying 2x sword of decay is a biiiiiiiit out of my price range at the moment editedit: found some slow ass swords from a tarnon in the garrison, reckon it's possible to get on a low level?
http://www.wowhead.com/item=118563/garden-sickle
http://www.wowhead.com/item=118568/garden-hoe

also decided im going to make a montage, the rogue kit at this level allows for some epic crits and outplay

Last edited:
The less burst is a positive, theoverall spread of abilities and class balance is better. While there are less "cocky" twinks, there is less burst generally. Some classes/specs can dominate more easily than others, but you'll have that in any bracket pug. If ppl could get a specific night to que 39s we may see more actual good players rather than 2-3 twinks per night of queing. ( I've only played at the start of pre-patch)

From what iv played 39 seems like a great bracket

Miss 39s... not enough to resub and relearn everything legion changed, but definitely miss it.

I literally just made this 39 rogue today and am in the process of getting BiS (WORLD), it's really fun, the bracket is balanced with rogues still being strong and we get vanish, blind AND roll the bones between levels 30-39. It really is great, haven't had this much fun on a character in a while. Not to mention the endless world pvp possibilities in the plaguelands, which is a great change after being bored to death of stv.

Btw, what is your refined way to level engi?:)

edit: btw, do you know any other good slow weapons I can use, buying 2x sword of decay is a biiiiiiiit out of my price range at the moment editedit: found some slow ass swords from a tarnon in the garrison, reckon it's possible to get on a low level?
http://www.wowhead.com/item=118563/garden-sickle
http://www.wowhead.com/item=118568/garden-hoe

also decided im going to make a montage, the rogue kit at this level allows for some epic crits and outplay

As for the gardening tools. I have yet to determine is a 29-39 level character can obtain a seed. It would require a 100 with WoD flying and herbalism. I can't find anything to says they can't.

Been playing mostly 39's after seeing the state of 10-19.

So. Fucking. Fun.

Disc priests start to feel slightly less obnoxious, and i feel like I have seen a bit of everything.

Strong classes go something along the lines of:
Disc>Ret/Surv>Rogues/Warriors>Affliction/Boomy>other shit.
Monks and Ferals might be somewhere among the stronger specs but there hasn't been that many.
Most healers feel like shit compared to disc, holy paladin felt very meh and druids seem very weak.

Last edited:
initial thoughts from arenas with vianco

dmg is a lot lower on most stuff compared to 19-29.

disc is still really OP but main issue for me is svhunt/rog together in 3s just reck enemy healer, even disc eazy, shadowpriest for example can't get insanity fast enough before healer dead even with offheals n peels so hunt/rog is strong for sure.

vianco played elemental shaman and it blows

ret might be good dmg(yet to see one) but they can be cc/slowed to infinity compared to rog/hunt.

other than that the casters seem balanced somewhat.

main issue probably high dpses with stuns/interupts vs all other heals except priest.

Last edited:
ret might be good dmg(yet to see one) but they can be cc/slowed to infinity compared to rog/hunt.

10 second 70% slow, 2 ranged attacks and a 6 second stun seems good enough to me? They are also far harder to kill than a rogue or a hunter.

10 second 70% slow, 2 ranged attacks and a 6 second stun seems good enough to me? They are also far harder to kill than a rogue or a hunter.
could just be ret we saw but just like lower levels they can be kited/cc to infinity and judgement gives no holypower.

ez kite for ele sham 1v1 and ez duel win and ele shamans blow. But as I said just from arenas vs all the levling mongs.

ret slow is on a 30 sec cd aswell rite?

Users who are viewing this thread