Why i am no longer playing.

samscraft

Legend
Good afternoon to everyone on TI,

I was asked by a few close friends that I've made on WoW to explain why I have been inactive for the last 3-4 weeks and why I will not be continuing to play WoW as of Monday 17th December 2012.

It's a hard topic for me to discuss as a lot of factors discourage me from speaking like this, but I’ll do my best to break it down as much as I can. When I first started playing WoW, one of the first people I became friends with, "Canashot" to most people, helped me to understand the game but that aside helped me to have fun and laugh in battlegrounds.

The first few months from March-June, I just played for a good time and slowly met other people such as Tankatonic, Dhenurd, Alphasky, Flipzmytoast, Cwompy, Beermuda, Billymays, Lacien, Lunaii, Mysterios, Brokendemon, and the midget Illumina. My experience of having fun had gotten better due to how nice all of these people are (with the exception of Lacien who is a lovely person who gives us all free cookies).

From this, I played more on other servers across EU such as TN, Aggramar, Aggamagan etc alongside other players, sort of like small families or hubs, if you must. These people have all contributed towards helping me build and play my character more effectively overtime, none more so then the big guy, Visa. Visatorul @ Thunderhorn - Community - World of Warcraft

For those who don't know him, he is probably one of the best paladins that I've had the privilege to play alongside. Over time, he helped me to understand the inside and outs of paladins and the different specs that they use. Of course with this, I had more help than just Visa, but also help from Broken Brokendemon @ Twisting Nether - Community - World of Warcraft, who helped me to furthermore understand the aspects required to play holy paladin, such as gear, CD use-age and mana preservation (this was pre-MoP) when mana actually mattered; derp ^.^.

During my time on TN, I encountered a lot of people and befriended them. The main ones are: Lacien, Lunaii, Brokendemon, Mysterios, Iyona (the Jew), Paladiiin and last but not least, Cwompy. These guys (and girls) sum up why I am disappointed to be leaving WoW and were always fun to do arenas and BG's with and were always good company and fun to talk to.

On Horde, the Aggramar/Aggamaggan communities gave me the privilege of meeting people such as Tanktonic, Spiramorti, Orochimaru, Emma, Dhenurd, Mol, Maratian (fuck that guy), *Alphasky, Celestys, and finally Snitra (crazy ass warlock). I’d like to make a point that me and Maratian were never really friendly, however he is an out-standing druid 90% of the time.

During the last 2 months prior to November, I had been playing a lot on horde, as I was having a lot of fun talking to Dhenurd and Tanktonic about loads of random ass crap, for the lulz. The reason why I played Horde? This is where it gets tricky for me, as it caused a lot of issues between people.

Me and Canashot were arguing about a lot of different things and unfortunately one of which was a server that I played on alongside others, and for a few weeks I realized that I had fought a lot with good friends; this inevitably left me feeling quite low about playing on WoW.

After a period of 2-3 weeks, things got better between me and the guys and girls over at TN. Sadly, it has never really felt the same and the Cross realm situation didn't help as TN was x-realm with LS (Laughing Skull). This caused constant bust-ups and for me, it was hard seeing that all happen so consistently and frequently made me wonder if I should continue to bother playing despite the negativity.

From this point, I started to consider giving up playing as for me personally, I didn't feel as if I was wanted amongst any of the groups of people that I had made "friends" with. This and all the hate and ignorance of the battlegrounds on a daily basis was off-putting, but I can understand that I gave a lot of crap to others in BG’s and received my fair share back. It was over time that I had decided to quit WoW and I had made it a when instead of an if.

My original goal was to reach the 100k title and to say my goodbyes. But after having a lot of "out of my control" issues and this hate being escalated in-game, I decided to stop playing on the 23rd(ish) November.

Thank you for reading this, unfortunately there are some areas that I could not elaborate on more as I do not want this to be a sad time but more of a happy one. For those who have no idea who I am, these are the main characters that I used to play: Samscraftp @ Kilrogg - Community - World of Warcraft

Druidzo @ Twisting Nether - Community - World of Warcraft

Samscraft @ Agamaggan - Community - World of Warcraft

A few special shoutouts for helping me through-out the last 8 months or so while I’ve been playing:

Mysterios: Mysterios @ Twisting Nether - Community - World of Warcraft
For teaching me the ways of rogue.

Lacien: Lacien @ Twisting Nether - Community - World of Warcraft
For being one of the top Ally healers and so reliable.

Lunaii: Lunaii @ Twisting Nether - Community - World of Warcraft
For introducing me to TN and everyone on it.

Broken:
Brokendemon @ Twisting Nether - Community - World of Warcraft

For helping me to understand more about paladins and how to play them effectively.

Beermuda: Beermuda @ Lightbringer - Community - World of Warcraft
A very old friend, always fun chats, and great BG’s with Beer.

Finally: Billygays.. Woops, I mean Billymays: Billymays @ Hellfire - Community - World of Warcraft
For always being such an epic healer and reliable BG partner.

I will still be around on here to speak, and laugh at threads when they appear, but thank you to most of you and hope your experience on WoW is as eventful and memorable as mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to you sir, its a shame really, but atm i have no focus to come back as im working a lot, and planning on moving shortly to hopefully a nice quiet area, as cities are to noisy.

between you and maratain i dont know who i'd miss the least. out of every f2p i've met on 2 continents, you 2 are by far the rudest people i've ever met, it's like an early xmas gift that at least one of you are gone.

In all honesty maratian is an arsehole because he is one hell of a good FC, and tons of horde teams generally used to be bad, but he knows how to play, and how to win, so you keep hating the good player that he is, ^.^

you think mara's good? oh dear, im outa here.

to any EU player who reads this plz leave your thoughts on mara

i've seen him easily run multiple flags away from people in bg's and yet never seen an ally f2p druid do that.... strange really isnt it.

IMO, anyone who feels the need to write a wall of good-bye text (relating to a free product no less) has bigger issues than what's up for discussion. At first I just read the first couple words of each paragraph as the general tone was "this is a waste of time to read". Despite my own hunch and hoping to find something to justify the time I already sank, I dug in and actually read it. As I dreaded, you have wasted my time.

Boom, you are not.

Edit: negative post...I know...but after 7 yrs of WoW I can't help but sink even more time by adding. "This is a game. If you like it, play it and share the love. If you don't like it, stop playing, get off the forum as your little rain cloud has no room in here, try Battleship."

Pretty clear you didnt read it, i was asked via people mentioned inside the post why i left, and what lead to the decision being made, and now i have explained why, in-turn providing them with the answer that they wanted. ^.^

Pretty clear you didnt read it, i was asked via people mentioned inside the post why i left, and what lead to the decision being made, and now i have explained why, in-turn providing them with the answer that they wanted. ^.^
I'm the Queen of not using private messages...yet i still do.

Your post still boils down to "world, this is my soapbox (which I will keep...you know, because I totally quit...but I'm still here...and despite what i say i'll be back) so hear my worthy words."

You're playing wow, a game that attracts the loners and unsociable people who can't find a real hobby. The wow community is pretty much the worst there is so be aware of this when playing, it will save you many headaches.

We never were "friends" probably cuz of our personalitys. But i enjoyed playing with you and agaisnt you.
My name didnt show as ppl u liked but it also didnt show as ppl u dont like or argued... so i guess we are fine xD
Hitting 100K HKs its a great moment, u should keep playing till u get 100K :)

Hopefully someday u will come back.

between you and maratain i dont know who i'd miss the least. out of every f2p i've met on 2 continents, you 2 are by far the rudest people i've ever met, it's like an early xmas gift that at least one of you are gone.

finaly some1 who agrees with me bout this lil biatch ;DPpd sainte

Well admittidly the TN guys keep poking me not to quit and push for the 100k, but im happy enough quitting at 87k, i originally made a bet with someone that i could average 10k a month, and get 100k in a short period of time, and up until i stopped i was well on track for that, But it was an honor, to play with and against you cripz, :)

I never got the chance to actively play with you (though I saw you in bgs while on horde and alliance side) but I know that you're good and I bid you my most warmly farewell :)

Nope, im quitting for the multitude of reasons explained above, that someone as dumb as you obviously cant understand.
hmm

During the last 2 months prior to November, I had been playing a lot on horde, as I was having a lot of fun talking to Dhenurd and Tanktonic about loads of random ass crap, for the lulz. The reason why I played Horde? This is where it gets tricky for me, as it caused a lot of issues between people.
Me and Canashot were arguing about a lot of different things and unfortunately one of which was a server that I played on alongside others, and for a few weeks I realized that I had fought a lot with good friends; this inevitably left me feeling quite low about playing on WoW.
After a period of 2-3 weeks, things got better between me and the guys and girls over at TN. Sadly, it has never really felt the same and the Cross realm situation didn't help as TN was x-realm with LS (Laughing Skull). This caused constant bust-ups and for me, it was hard seeing that all happen so consistently and frequently made me wonder if I should continue to bother playing despite the negativity.
From this point, I started to consider giving up playing as for me personally, I didn't feel as if I was wanted amongst any of the groups of people that I had made "friends" with. This and all the hate and ignorance of the battlegrounds on a daily basis was off-putting, but I can understand that I gave a lot of crap to others in BG’s and received my fair share back. It was over time that I had decided to quit WoW and I had made it a when instead of an if.

I think Bieberfeverr hit the nail on that one actually. That and plus bg sucking ass and somehow been horde(?) is the only reason you say you are quitting. Best of luck.

In all honesty maratian is an arsehole because he is one hell of a good FC, and tons of horde teams generally used to be bad, but he knows how to play, and how to win, so you keep hating the good player that he is, ^.^
You mean the backpedaling DoT spamming druid. Unless he/she got better from the time he posted the vid.

Also why stick around in this forum full of degenerates just communicate with your friends with skype or facebook or something.

Users who are viewing this thread