Why Engy? 29 Hunter

Hey guys,

All the hunters I see at 29 have Engy and Herb. Most hunters at 19 are herb and skinning.

I see the Parachute Cloak is engy, but everyone is wearing non engy trinkets.

I think there is a TigerStrike or Fenrus Hide would also suffice?

Is it worth giving up 9 stam from mining or the crit from skinning?

Sorry I seem to be missing something here and want to understand why Engy at 29?

Thew123 said:
Hey guys,

All the hunters I see at 29 have Engy and Herb. Most hunters at 19 are herb and skinning.

I see the Parachute Cloak is engy, but everyone is wearing non engy trinkets.

I think there is a TigerStrike or Fenrus Hide would also suffice?

Is it worth giving up 9 stam from mining or the crit from skinning?

Sorry I seem to be missing something here and want to understand why Engy at 29?

Parachute cloak, helmet, OP bombs.

There are quite a few things other than trinkets, such as bombs, trains, exploding crap, you know, fun stuff. One awesome thing about a parachute cloak is that it is BC enchantable, and the only one in the bracket afaik. Been doing research about this, since im moving orc up to the 29s. Also, as a hunter, disengage off the GY + Parachute cloak = win

I say take engy and herb, its the best.

Hey Krankk just fyi I think you can disengage right before you land and take no fall damage, even without cloak.

I mean, disengage off, parachute, and get about halfway across mid.

Its win

=]

And i have a Dev for a 29 hunter, im not going full out, because there arent any no exp queues in our BG. Just going to level him out through BGs and then yeah, 80 I suppose.

Nothing says "F*** YOU ROGUE" quite like a Goblin Sapper Charge. During BC I once instagibbed a 3k HP Bear with Goblin Mortar, Goblin Sapper Charge and Auto+Arcane Shot. Engineering just provides a ton of damage compared to the available HP at this bracket and hunters using Frost Traps and Disengage have great opportunities to take advantage of it.

When you consider that at the time I was sporting a mana regen set with an interference heavy SV build... and lacked Master Hunter,Arcane and Auto contributed minimal damage.

Conrose said:
Nothing says "F*** YOU ROGUE" quite like a Goblin Sapper Charge. During BC I once instagibbed a 3k HP Bear with Goblin Mortar, Goblin Sapper Charge and Auto+Arcane Shot. Engineering just provides a ton of damage compared to the available HP at this bracket and hunters using Frost Traps and Disengage have great opportunities to take advantage of it.

When you consider that at the time I was sporting a mana regen set with an interference heavy SV build... and lacked Master Hunter,Arcane and Auto contributed minimal damage.

Yay an excuse to tell my favorite wow story. So it was pre cross-server battlegrounds, and a new patch had just come out. Somehow level 60s were getting into the lower level BGs.

That's right a 60 undead mage was in my 29 BG. I have a pic on my old hard drive of this most righteous moment, I sapper charged him for the KB and returned the flag. God that was the most epic game, we won 3-0. To be fair he was very, very bad. lol

Iron Grenades make or break games. Every single 29 twink should have eng / herb. There's no other options.

Rottentomato said:
Iron Grenades make or break games. Every single 29 twink should have eng / herb. There's no other options.

Unless you arena then gogo Herb+Skin or Min if you're a shadow priest/lock

Doesn't make sense. If you arena than pretty much the only semi-usefull thing other than the 'chute cloak would be Catseye's. Mining is the saddest profession ever, and as a lock/SP spellpower goggles are going to be your BiS for helm anyways.

Grenades, sapper charges, etc. are the bread and butter of engineering, and only available for use in the battlegrounds. I'd personally reverse your statement by saying that hey, if you only arena, think about grabbing skinning or perhaps mining if you gain little benefit from +crit. If you do a lot of battlegrounds though engineering will sing. And honestly who out there only arenas?

I rememebr there being a bomb(first one you can make from Eng?) you could throw while running. Did they nerf this or am i not remembering correctly?

And yea, Eng is the way to go for BGs. Not so much if you do arenas. Eng goodies have gotten me out of so many jams and has saved games in the BG so many times that i cant imagine why you wouldnt want it. Just my experience though...

They're called Iron Grenades. And yes, they're amazing. Iron nades are reason enough to go Eng.

Users who are viewing this thread