Why don't you twink in Wotlk?

Why don't you twink in Wotlk? (choose up to 2)

• Barrier to entry/dont know where to start?

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Too much work, Cant be asked to have a max level to farm Heroics.

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Wrath twinking is boring.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • General wrath community is unfriendly.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (please leave a message)

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
I've had an amazing introduction to the Wotlk 19s community! I love my retail characters, and I'm looking forward for the day they'll be relevant once more, so don't get me wrong!
But I mainly made a character, thinking I needed to have a side-thing where I can actually PvP... And to my surprise, it's becoming much, much more.
I've had a blast gearing, questing, exploring, getting my AGM, doing STV-Sundays, etc..
For not to mention that the WSGs are fuckin intense at times. And playing genuinly competitive random(!) games again, is something I hadn't realized I missed this much.

The community has been really inviting and welcoming. So shoutout to my boys on Nethergarde Keep(H)

I'd recommend everyone still on the fence to give it a try! I am sure you'll find that most people are helpful, and genuinly interested in bringing you in to the community.

Absolutely this.

I firmly believe that the worst night of wotlk twinking is preferable to the best night of retail twinking

As it is now, 100% yes.

I was super pumped about my 10 Rogue on WotLK prepatch, got him pre-boa bis, did some bgs, wpvp, achievements.

WotLK released, alongside BoAs, I lost all interest. Due to my own personal schedule, I play maybe 1-4 hours a day. After a long day of parenting, I'm not gonna torture myself for those 1-4 hours questing and leveling up my 71 paladin to 80, to then farm toxic Heroics for all my BoAs.

I told myself I would wait until you can buy a boost to 80, grind heroics and go ahead and play my 10. I'm not too stressed about "missing" out on WotLK for 10s. Gameplay wise its meh, it was just really important to acquire all that gear before it gets GF'd in Cata. Cata is where the true fun for 10s started.

The 10-14 bracket will cry for mercy, once more.

Isn't wotlk classic just going to die after it's done with RS patch?

Anyway, does anyone have any info about twink populations on classic vs warmane for example? Where would be a better place to twink anything from 19 to 79?

I let my sub run out because running into (or with) groups of WotLK twinks consumable-stomping levelers just took the game in a direction I didn't enjoy. Maybe it was luck of the draw, but 90% of the BGs I played in the final month were full of 'em. The good people in Soccer Dads/Teldrassil Firefighters were the only reason I stayed as long as I did. I had hoped for the best of ShadowLands 20s with the nuance and variety Wrath offered. Instead, I saw the worst of ShadowLands 20s paired with a much wider swathe of consumable options.
make something even an idiot can use and only idiots will use it

this is why fully unsegregated's a fucking bad idea and unhealthy for twinking

I never understood why people hate on consumables. It's something that is accessible by all, yet some complain about how dirty it is. It's simply a part of the game, what's the big deal? Funny how nobody complains about engineering tinkers yet alchemy ones are frowned upon. Makes no sense to me

Very interesting. I read the whole thread and apparently no one is having the same 2 issues I have with wotlk classic twinking (US region).

1) 70-79 pops 24/7 and has the fastest queues but every single game is filled with DK bots. I've had many games that are literally 80-100% dk bots. It's really not fun. 50-59 & 60-69 have the same problem.

2) lvl 19-49 only pops during American prime time (I'm aussie). Just a couple of days ago I queued 29 and 49 at the same time on 2 accounts and was in queue for 5 hrs with no pop.

And obviously retail 20-29 doesn't pop either.

Guess I'll try lvl 70 party syncing on retail as a last resort (while waiting for ashes of creation)

Last edited:
We're not playing in brackets with DK bots, most likely, I think the majority is like 19-39
(I'm aussie)
I'm gunna have to say this one should be obvious
I never understood why people hate on consumables.
I honestly think this has a lot to do with the arena mindset? no consumes in arena but bandages and (in wotlk) prof abilities. I like to think my class/team/strategy beat yours, not the amount of consumes we used to make X class more effective. I guess you can argue that the consumes are part of a strategy that makes your class/team more effective but I digress, arena rules to the grave.

I think in 39s it kinda makes sense with the lack of the flag debuff in order to catch a druid FC as well as getting past entrapment hunter, mage, etc. Defensive split.

Reactions: Ivo
Plot twist, Blizzard's not bifurcating brackets for Cata, so you'll be in 10-19. ...Which might actually make for good games.
But what about 80-84? That's why they did it in the first place and cannot imagine them going back
80-100% dk bots
If you're in the BG how is it 100%? 0.o
I'd recommend everyone still on the fence to give it a try! I am sure you'll find that most people are helpful, and genuinly interested in bringing you in to the community.
I feel like people don't like the idea of "starting over" if that makes sense. Looking at something they haven't started as an insurmountable goal or weighing ease of play vs quality of game time with the wrong metric

I feel like people don't like the idea of "starting over" if that makes sense. Looking at something they haven't started as an insurmountable goal or weighing ease of play vs quality of game time with the wrong metric
People also like what is comfortable. If you've started with retail, its definitely comfortable. Starting over and learning a new meta-game isn't.

I never understood why people hate on consumables. It's something that is accessible by all, yet some complain about how dirty it is. It's simply a part of the game, what's the big deal? Funny how nobody complains about engineering tinkers yet alchemy ones are frowned upon. Makes no sense to me

I don't hate on 'em, and I respect that people got creative with the vast range of available consumables. In the midbrackets and higher brackets, consumable use fundamentally alters gameplay in a direction that I don't find fun.

If you're in the BG how is it 100%? 0.o

The opposing team I mean. I played this game out (70-79 BG) for science. They were all bots.
upload_2023-3-1_5-21-1.png

Honestly if I didn’t run a guild and love my family on there my honest feedback is lack of customization. I.e. transmogging, appearances. But honestly I think it was way easier to build communities in retail. With cross server/cross faction communities as a way to outreach and bring in more. All my toys and achievements mean nothing in classic. There’s a lot of reasons I prefer retail. But I still love wow so I play it with my friends.

Cba to start over again, got nothing on classic.

The EU community seems kinda dead too, they barely post anything on here

Also, aren't there like gf items already? the Naxx shoulder enchant and stuff like that.

This is not true. We're having WarGames every monday on EU and Naxx shoulder enchant has requiered level so they don't give any stats, same goes with head and leg enchant. Most items that gets GFd are when we move to Cataclysm if that happens, Tunic of Westfall, Seal of Wrynn, Seal of Sylvanas, Inferno Robe, Jutebraid Gloves etc etc, all these items are still possible to get in Wrath and should be another reason why more people should gear up a twink or ten during Wrath.

I myself partly fund people on PyrewoodVillage, but since Pyrewood was the "EU Twink Hub" during Vanilla and TBC we have lots of Guilds & Twinks fighting for AGM.

If you don't feel like leveling to 80 to start farming heroics I feel you since I haven't done that myself, it's not like you're chanceless against loomers but you would probably get motivated to get it eventually. Boost a character to 70, level it to 71 and Grind AlteracValley during AV "doubleXPweekend" (which is this weekend!!!!) and you'll get a level every other hour just grinding PvP Content, whilist grinding AV you will also get stone relics or whatever they're called that you can pruchase heirlooms for and once you hit 80 you can afford full PvP gear that is good enough for you to grind some heroics for valor points or whatever for even more heirlooms. This is not as big of a grind as you would think and is totally possible for any retail f2p player ;)

Get your shit together and start creating your twink or getting to 80.

I've made some sets in my discord for each class that might not be 100% BiS
Disc: https://discord.gg/VaPynhtWJa
Otherwise there's Twinkunivers.com that @Htag is hosting i believe.

Very interesting. I read the whole thread and apparently no one is having the same 2 issues I have with wotlk classic twinking (US region).

1) 70-79 pops 24/7 and has the fastest queues but every single game is filled with DK bots. I've had many games that are literally 80-100% dk bots. It's really not fun. 50-59 & 60-69 have the same problem.

2) lvl 19-49 only pops during American prime time (I'm aussie). Just a couple of days ago I queued 29 and 49 at the same time on 2 accounts and was in queue for 5 hrs with no pop.

And obviously retail 20-29 doesn't pop either.

Guess I'll try lvl 70 party syncing on retail as a last resort (while waiting for ashes of creation)

These guys are all 19-39. No one can deny how severe the bot issue is in 59+. I rarely queue my 79 disc priest anymore but there has been weekly synced 'wargames' recently. You are a dwarf paladin, yes? 79 is nice in many ways with humans no longer having such a huge racial advantage and very fleshed out classes. Too bad DKs were added to the game.

Party sync is ok. I could mostly carry my leveler teams when I tried it. Sometimes enemy team had syncers or exploiting twinks, or my team was simply unsalvageable. It does get boring but it is better than nothing. You'll get a bit of hate from levelers even on your team cause people don't like "loser syncers ruining" their games. Maybe if you find someone to do it with it will be less boring but at that point you're likely just griefing with how easy games would be. Most levelers are so bad at pvp objectives in general that it can be a headache playing with them. I definitely felt OP while synced down. The template they provide is generous and my abilities seem to hit quite hard. The current situation with retaining all/most your level 70 talents has exasperated things farther. I've only synced into the 59 and 69 bracket so I can't speak for lower levels. Oh, and it gets annoying how BGs are FILLED with hunters while leveling because hunters are braindead easy to play and do ridiculous damage.

Edit: Syncing down you can get games basically all day but it can depend on the bracket. I've seen things die off for 2-3 hours when activity is lowest 5am - 7am est.

There's always max level pvp. It's quite decent in retail IMO. It's not hard to get fully geared either now that they no longer gate ilvl behind rating - big improvement from shadowlands. You don't have to do any PvE content at all, I can just log on and queue no worries. I've been wanting to find people to queue with at max level (I play horde atm) to make games more fun but I'm up so much later than 90% of players because I work second shift. The new rated solo shuffle arena mode is intersting but I'm not much of an arena player and only use it to get conquest and collect rated honor for my weekly vault. Obviously at max level you can get games at any time, that's a given.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread