Why don't you twink in Wotlk?

Why don't you twink in Wotlk? (choose up to 2)

• Barrier to entry/dont know where to start?

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Too much work, Cant be asked to have a max level to farm Heroics.

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Wrath twinking is boring.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • General wrath community is unfriendly.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (please leave a message)

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
anything classic imo is a temporary fad
Personally, any game as a service is a temporary fad, every expansion is a temporary fad... just depends on how you look at it.
player base is greatly diminished plus they are scattered in multiple classic versions, retail, and private servers.
I'm not really sure twinks (with popping queues) exist outside of wrath and retail. I'm sure there's some on Warmane but eh.

That being said, everything that is classic is cross server, even grouping up cross server to queue bgs is possible now.

I let my sub run out because running into (or with) groups of WotLK twinks consumable-stomping levelers just took the game in a direction I didn't enjoy. Maybe it was luck of the draw, but 90% of the BGs I played in the final month were full of 'em. The good people in Soccer Dads/Teldrassil Firefighters were the only reason I stayed as long as I did. I had hoped for the best of ShadowLands 20s with the nuance and variety Wrath offered. Instead, I saw the worst of ShadowLands 20s paired with a much wider swathe of consumable options.

I don't twink in Wrath cuz I don't have a sub and if I ever were to get one (which I don't plan to do), I'd play max level, whether on Classic (Vanilla or Wrath idk?) or on Retail.
Also I don't think I could whistand going to level 21. Such a blasphemy...

I actually just did a super brief stint on a MOP private server.

unfortunately the class/spec I ultimately wanted to play was not scripted properly (a unique private server problem) and the community just wasn’t there.

classic is honestly much more stable and active than (most) p servers. Maybe just not the top top 1% of them

groups of WotLK twinks consumable-stomping levelers just took the game in a direction I didn't enjoy
Pretty much this and people safe spotting or jumping out of the map kinda put a damper on BGs for me. Regular jumps are fine and I actually like the added layer they provide to wsg kiting but safe spots and through the map stuff are too much for me especially when the person is fapping their speed pots to get there. Then if you try to Q arena to avoid the consumes you only face some combination of priest/rogue/hunter

I let my sub run out because running into (or with) groups of WotLK twinks consumable-stomping levelers just took the game in a direction I didn't enjoy. Maybe it was luck of the draw, but 90% of the BGs I played in the final month were full of 'em. The good people in Soccer Dads/Teldrassil Firefighters were the only reason I stayed as long as I did. I had hoped for the best of ShadowLands 20s with the nuance and variety Wrath offered. Instead, I saw the worst of ShadowLands 20s paired with a much wider swathe of consumable options.

Pretty much this and people safe spotting or jumping out of the map kinda put a damper on BGs for me. Regular jumps are fine and I actually like the added layer they provide to wsg kiting but safe spots and through the map stuff are too much for me especially when the person is fapping their speed pots to get there. Then if you try to Q arena to avoid the consumes you only face some combination of priest/rogue/hunter

Yeaaaaaaa. This is mostly where I've ended up too. If forced to choose between steamroll-or-get-steamrolled randoms and fun but tightly scheduled organized play, I'm just gonna... do something else. If you dont make it online for sync que invites, the whole night is more-or-less washed. Especially if you play a low demand class like... warrior. So why even hang around and wait and hope for an invite to a group that probably doesnt have my friends in it anyway? I'm gonna go to the bar.

If you dont make it online for sync que invites, the whole night is more-or-less washed
only comment there really is I'm not syncing anymore because its been killing the queues.
safe spotting
yeah I get this, safe spotting is more of a shitter play than consumes.

Sadly I think consume use and shitter safe spotting is only really solved with at least 5 man groups that just agree to a gentleman's game

I’ll be honest, I just don’t want to pay anymore for WoW. That’s why I’m still doing retail PvE.
I would do WotLK if they introduced a F2P version.
I want nothing more than to see my pet with a smiley face that he’s happy ;)

that’s the thing about me. I am and always have been a sweaty try hard. I can’t do good’nuff, I must have the best available gear. (Like it’s killing me that I don’t have full triple procs on my DF 20)

It’s also why I have to choose my time commitments very carefully. At this point I have so much invested in my 20 that a deviation of course would be…difficult, even if boosting an 80 and running some heroics would be “easy”
Can you really be a try hard if you don’t farm looms for your twinks?

Sadly I think consume use and shitter safe spotting is only really solved with at least 5 man groups that just agree to a gentleman's game
Yea, its just so hard to find good games when people exist whose idea of a good game is "lol I made you have a bad time"

Like, i commend the guys playing syncs and PTR games. But it does make it difficult for (lol) soccer dad schedules.

Wrath is my second favourite iteration of the game an an absolute masterpiece. It's also the most fun era I've ever had twinking. 2009/2010 was so fun man. Had so many great memories back then.

I think the fact that I would be going in without any higher levels, gold or resources in general is probably the most daunting-- otherwise I would make a 39 rogue, since that seems to be the most alive bracket

No rdf, I don't wanna spend 24/7 in bgs or 24/7 getting runs from higher levels. I kinda just wanna que pve and pvp casually as fuck. so essentially I am slowly getting to 39 I am just really lazy/busy irl.

Wrath is my second favourite iteration of the game an an absolute masterpiece. It's also the most fun era I've ever had twinking. 2009/2010 was so fun man. Had so many great memories back then.

I think the fact that I would be going in without any higher levels, gold or resources in general is probably the most daunting-- otherwise I would make a 39 rogue, since that seems to be the most alive bracket
There's a few guilds out there that will help fund! 19s are also very alive
[doublepost=1677540757,1677540596][/doublepost]
Can you really be a try hard if you don’t farm looms for your twinks?
He can't, that's why he won't commit to a non-bis Twink

I don't get retail twinks saying it's "too much work" when it's pretty obviously much less work than bising out a retail twink...

Heirlooms took me like, maybe 5 days. Can probably (actually) BiS out most lower level brackets in about a month of concentrated effort or so. That's no effort at all in terms of MMO grinds. Last I played, gold was so inflated it was almost worthless so it was easy to get (whether or not still true, unsure). Yet most retail twinks are STILL running the same handful of WoD dungeons every single day for hours and will continue to do so until the end of the expansion without being even close to BiS.

As for why I don't twink in wotlk: it's fun, but my interests are elsewhere for now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread