Why does Havoc DH (dps spec) suck so bad ?

Celydar

Looking for some feedback, opinions regarding Havoc DH.
Are they strong in PvP at 39, 49, or endgame at 60 ?
This is supposed to be a hero class, seems honestly more like zero class.
Not just because of the lame DH that are in bracket running the DH starter area gear with 2k health.
Even with gemmed gear Agility stacked and decent trinkets, worst melee in game ?
9.1 Patch will give a 15% buff to Demon Bite and Chaos Strike this won't help too much tbh imo.
Melee power is meh to bad. Mobility is meh. Demon form isnt' too great and super long CD.
Throw Glaive is only ranged ability, and damage is weak, gonna be buffed a bit in 9.1 with random fire, chaos, or shadow damage I think from PvP talent if taken.
Also, I get it, talasite stacked DH Vengeance with 8-11k health is decent for FC, etc.
I mean specifically as Havoc, DpS, pretty useless in this bracket.

Demon hunter mobility is meh? You gotta be some special kind of stupid. Did you have the pistol in your mouth as you typed that down and then considered whether to press enter or the trigger? Because lets face it, life's pretty much over for you. Your internal monologue has gotta be just a sailboat on quiet water, slowly moving. Its just shocking how stupid you are.

I did some testing with a friend who has a mostly bis DH on ptr and it honestly slays there. Defo not one of the worst, if anything probably similar to Frost DK where it needs a ton of mastery + mainstat stacking to pull its own weight.

I did some testing with a friend who has a mostly bis DH on ptr and it honestly slays there. Defo not one of the worst, if anything probably similar to Frost DK where it needs a ton of mastery + mainstat stacking to pull its own weight.
Yo, wtf, wdym by "deleted" in your sig :thinkW:

Demon hunter mobility is meh? You gotta be some special kind of stupid. Did you have the pistol in your mouth as you typed that down and then considered whether to press enter or the trigger? Because lets face it, life's pretty much over for you. Your internal monologue has gotta be just a sailboat on quiet water, slowly moving. Its just shocking how stupid you are.
Insults, nice. Your reply to my thread is stupid. You can be kited hard on dps DH.
Fel Rush and double jump glide isn't what I consider good mobility. Tank spec has better movement than the dps Havoc.
If you do choose to take the Felblade talent, you atleast have basically a 15 yard charge on a relatively short CD.
still, it's clunky AF. Chaos Nova stuns for 2 secs on 1 min CD.
Havoc DH is pretty weak in the bracket. Maybe it's better later on like I mentioned at 39, 49, endgame, etc.
My opinion playing almost every class in the 20's bracket.
It's do able, but why struggle when so many other classes like WW monk, Enh Shaman, Surv hunter, etc are much better.

Its not that havoc is terrible, because its not, its just not better than a lot of other specs and needs a lot more effort to even say that. Also, yes it has great mobility; glide is insanely strong, fel rush+vengeful retreat+felblade are great tools, and metamorphosis (with htalent to reduce cd) can be very clutch. However, this is all for granted because DH has no slow and therefore is at risk of being kited by superior classes. Theres also the misconception that it doesn't do damage; it does damage, just very little burst damage.. Which is the meta atm.

Its not that havoc is terrible, because its not, its just not better than a lot of other specs and needs a lot more effort to even say that. Also, yes it has great mobility; glide is insanely strong, fel rush+vengeful retreat+felblade are great tools, and metamorphosis (with htalent to reduce cd) can be very clutch. However, this is all for granted because DH has no slow and therefore is at risk of being kited by superior classes. Theres also the misconception that it doesn't do damage; it does damage, just very little burst damage.. Which is the meta atm.

This more exactly. Lack of slow or decent CC and not so great burst makes it feel meh as well.
I will try again some more after patch also when my gear is fully +3 Agility Marks of Honor gemmed,
(missing about half of the gems, just have the Honor Hold +1 Agi's in em atm)
and repost an updated opinion.
Will take either the new Throw Glaive pvp talent or the better reduced Metamorphosis that will now be 20 secs on 3 mins CD, up from 15 secs.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/quelthalas/kylane

While Demon Hunters are very mobile and don't require targets to move around, to me they feel very susceptible to slows and roots. Also, they can disengage from battles, but don't have off-healing like Monks to get into the fight again.

Overall, as a new class, it seems their basic toolkit can be barren, as they are almost rebuilt everytime a new expansion introduces different power sources or talents.

They are very strong during their burst, since Metamorphosis is a damage, defensive, movement and control cooldown --- but outside of that they seem to not have strong damage or defensives options that aren't tied to their damage increases somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread