Why are different gms allowed to give different answers?

GMs are just Customer Service Reps, some reps are good, some of them are bad. At the end of the day, they are paid to close tickets, not develop in-depth game knowledge.

hmmm .. customer serv rep .. the one that sticks in my mind is the one from the first transformer movie .. that guy who ask for a credit card

GMs are just customer service reps. They have a guidebook and a script and if your request is a bit of an edge case (typical of us) then they have to improvise or just do the best they can.

I like to think of it like waitstaff at a restaurant. You're making oddly specific requests like "hey can I get this side subbed for half of that entre, will you bring me ranch AND italian dressing on the side and I want cheese on only half my cheeseburger".

Is that possible? of course. Is it allowed within the guidelines of the establishment? Maybe. Maybe not. If its not, maybe you catch a cool waiter and kitchen who cut you a break anyway. Or maybe you catch the new guy who is like "man i dunno, i dont think we can". Or maybe you catch the rules nerd who just straight up says "no".

This is why when you're doing edge case shit like "can I get my xp turned back on on this nonsubbed account" its best to have that link to their article that lays out exactly whats going on. Makes it clear for any new people or rules dorks or whatever that this is a thing and here's how to fix it.

But to continue the analogy, if you're an asshole to the waitstaff because they either dont know or wont help you with your problem and you act like an entitled brat about not getting special treatment... then good luck ever getting served in that restaurant again. Or not getting a wad of spit in your side of ranch.

"Please don't call GMs liars sir."
-So are you saying hes a moron? Because hes either a liar or moron.

They did not like that one bit.

Ever been to a dnd session or something similar?

If not I’d suggest watching a couple of different videos talking about experiences of the game they’re playing.

Gm(s) that normally play in session are either in the same group or sometimes all over the place.

I've found GMs to be mostly okay. As someone said, some are good and some aren't. Typically I don't ask them for much. I only open tickets when absolutely necessary. If I was dumb enough to forget to turn XP back on before by subscription lapsed I would just make a new toon and cut my losses. Why draw attention to gaming the system?

Ever been to a dnd session or something similar?

If not I’d suggest watching a couple of different videos talking about experiences of the game they’re playing.

Gm(s) that normally play in session are either in the same group or sometimes all over the place.
Isn’t dnd a table top game?
[doublepost=1622925604,1622925486][/doublepost]
GMs are just customer service reps. They have a guidebook and a script and if your request is a bit of an edge case (typical of us) then they have to improvise or just do the best they can.

I like to think of it like waitstaff at a restaurant. You're making oddly specific requests like "hey can I get this side subbed for half of that entre, will you bring me ranch AND italian dressing on the side and I want cheese on only half my cheeseburger".

Is that possible? of course. Is it allowed within the guidelines of the establishment? Maybe. Maybe not. If its not, maybe you catch a cool waiter and kitchen who cut you a break anyway. Or maybe you catch the new guy who is like "man i dunno, i dont think we can". Or maybe you catch the rules nerd who just straight up says "no".

This is why when you're doing edge case shit like "can I get my xp turned back on on this nonsubbed account" its best to have that link to their article that lays out exactly whats going on. Makes it clear for any new people or rules dorks or whatever that this is a thing and here's how to fix it.

But to continue the analogy, if you're an asshole to the waitstaff because they either dont know or wont help you with your problem and you act like an entitled brat about not getting special treatment... then good luck ever getting served in that restaurant again. Or not getting a wad of spit in your side of ranch.
I wish I thought about it this way most times.

Isn’t dnd a table top game?
Some of if not most are table top, there’s a few out there that are on pc as well.

here’s a video that talks about it:

back in legion I asked a gm why gloomblade dealt more damage then a 5 point eviscerate on my 60 rogue and he told me that eviscerate uses combo points to deal damage....even though I already stated that lol.

Gms are pretty random, sometimes you can get a sick gm and other times you get someone that has no idea what is happening.

Gms are retarded

they know nothing about the game and a majority of them possibly have never played it

that is ALL you need to know and use as a basis when interacting with them

and knowing that GMs are retarded can lead to some hilarious situations because you can abuse it and get all kinds of gear or p2p stuff when you make tickets but its all random ofc

Gms are pretty random, sometimes you can get a sick gm and other times you get someone that has no idea what is happening.

there was once (for about a whole week) when all my items on AH expires and return to my mailbox damaged .. and i have to spend gold repairing them .. i ticketed, and a gm beep me ingame .. his answer was simply you have so much gold so whats with the repairs .. i was speechless

then there were better gms, whenever i lodged a complaint, they will compensate me 3 days of free game time thinking that would quickly get rid of me, the problem is my game time (without these 3-days) is already literally "unlimited"

Users who are viewing this thread