Who owns this website now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think the admin we currently have monitoring things (BlackBerryy) has done a better job than anyone since 2011.

I'm not sure why this topic was brought to the surface again.

I actually think the admin we currently have monitoring things (BlackBerryy) has done a better job than anyone since 2011.

Ye Berryy has done a really good job. Hes not the owner though, which is what the thread is about.

Thread started because conq came back and fkd the site harder than stabatha and then just dissappeared. He said he gave away the site instead of selling it to Sanitarium. So the question was who did he give it to.

Why the thread is still going is a different matter.

The new owner is a veteran from the community, and someone I'd trust with my life. They have chosen anonymity for the time being though.

I am their executor, for what it's worth, and I am responsible for overseeing the business here. This is the arrangement we've come to together with Conq in April.
That should do it for all of you.

I have a sudden urge to try and convince Chops otherwise.

Hang on, hang on.

Why are you asking why a new thread was created? You were the one that got the last one locked.
https://xpoff.com/threads/a-better-administration.87764/

I just want to make things clear about the lvl20 community.

We are working on original events everytime. And each time it takes a lot of time because we priorize quality over quantity.

So it's true that regarding these last months, the lvl20 staff is less active than usual on XPOff. But it's mainly due to the time we invest for the community.

The last event we did was in partnership with Blizzard by the way. This event gave a lot of visibility to the twink scene and XPOff was quoted as partner as well. The good thing is that it gave a lot of visibility to the forum as well.

Regarding my personal role now. I got the moderator rank when I used to organize lvl20 tournaments. After the Stabatha case I continued to stay loyal towards XPOff because this coup d'etat was clearly a lack of respect towards the community. I mean Stabatha was a spy since the beginning and didn't care about the community, he just wanted to become the new leader with -Idon'tRememberHisName - and even took possession of the former discord just to have power. See what became this former discord now, the name changed and it became inactive. What a proof of bad faith towards the community.

After this episode I continued to organize events on EU servers and with Korni and Ttoni we decided to create the WoW20community. Hence these different events you have seen several times and that are unfolding in different languages.

I also forget to precise there was this Ripduck period that lasted several months. Ripduck became the new admin, because Conq didn't have the time anymore to lead the forum. Ripduck wanted to organize things for the community and hired me as graphic designer for the XPOff League. I accepted because to me it was a cool way to help the community. But he fired me later because he didn't like all the efforts I was doing for the lvl20 community as well, despite the fact I was doing illustrations just for him in the meantime. I lost my rank and was removed from the discord server in which I made illustrations and logos for free. This period made me understand how much it was important to have admins respecting the different communities and since this day I decided to create a Discord channel doing the promotion of others twinks communities. This channel is still there today, it allows us to say that no matter if you're lvl20, 19, 70 or whatever the XPOff community needs to stay strong and diversified. This is diversity that makes the strength of XPOff, not just an admin who has a closed mind.

After this period Conq came back, gave me back the moderator role, and Selaya became the new head admin.

I don't know who is the co-owner of XPOff now, I just want that everything happens well. And I think we are in the right direction, because since all this time there was no new drama.

My personal conclusion is we don't need to have very active mods / admins. We just need to have good leaders. If these leaders do their job correctly, then the community will continue to make this forum alive. Staff members as well as forum members.

I just want to make things clear about the lvl20 community.

We are working on original events everytime. And each time it takes a lot of time because we priorize quality over quantity.

So it's true that regarding these last months, the lvl20 staff is less active than usual on XPOff. But it's mainly due to the time we invest for the community.

The last event we did was in partnership with Blizzard by the way. This event gave a lot of visibility to the twink scene and XPOff was quoted as partner as well. The good thing is that it gave a lot of visibility to the forum as well.

Regarding my personal role now. I got the moderator rank when I used to organize lvl20 tournaments. After the Stabatha case I continued to stay loyal towards XPOff because this coup d'etat was clearly a lack of respect towards the community. I mean Stabatha was a spy since the beginning and didn't care about the community, he just wanted to become the new leader with -Idon'tRememberHisName - and even took possession of the former discord just to have power. See what became this former discord now, the name changed and it became inactive. What a proof of bad faith towards the community.

After this episode I continued to organize events on EU servers and with Korni and Ttoni we decided to create the WoW20community. Hence these different events you have seen several times and that are unfolding in different languages.

I also forget to precise there was this Ripduck period that lasted several months. Ripduck became the new admin, because Conq didn't have the time anymore to lead the forum. Ripduck wanted to organize things for the community and hired me as graphic designer for the XPOff League. I accepted because to me it was a cool way to help the community. But he fired me later because he didn't like all the efforts I was doing for the lvl20 community as well, despite the fact I was doing illustrations just for him in the meantime. I lost my rank and was removed from the discord server in which I made illustrations and logos for free. This period made me understand how much it was important to have admins respecting the different communities and since this day I decided to create a Discord channel doing the promotion of others twinks communities. This channel is still there today, it allows us to say that no matter if you're lvl20, 19, 70 or whatever the XPOff community needs to stay strong and diversified. This is diversity that makes the strength of XPOff, not just an admin who has a closed mind.

After this period Conq came back, gave me back the moderator role, and Selaya became the new head admin.

I don't know who is the co-owner of XPOff now, I just want that everything happens well. And I think we are in the right direction, because since all this time there was no new drama.

My personal conclusion is we don't need to have very active mods / admins. We just need to have good leaders. If these leaders do their job correctly, then the community will continue to make this forum alive. Staff members as well as forum members.

Some of this I agree with some of it I don't. A good leader can be a great admin too. We have one - should be no complaints in the Admin department. Thanks for the work you put in back in the day and currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread