Which class

Ryry

Veteran
I realize this is a matter of preference but I’m wanting some opinions on what the focus on seeing how it’s a pretty big commitment to gear out a 20 now. My dps options are mage hunter and warrior and heals are priest shaman and Druid. Basically I’m wondering from the early opinions on what may have changed with talents and abilities to make one class better over another.

I realize this is a matter of preference but I’m wanting some opinions on what the focus on seeing how it’s a pretty big commitment to gear out a 20 now. My dps options are mage hunter and warrior and heals are priest shaman and Druid. Basically I’m wondering from the early opinions on what may have changed with talents and abilities to make one class better over another.

Playing whats "Op" is why brackets were flooded with hunter/ak47 mages. Just play what you like. instead of running 7 out of 10 mage comps.

It's way too early to decide what's OP or not, we're only weeks away from Shadowlands release, once that drops, community opinion should be clearer

I didn’t need to know what was OP I guess...just haven’t played for a while and wanted to make sure with the changes none of the classes I posted would be nonviable, I really enjoy shaman healing but didn’t want to put loads of time into it if the changes made it underpowered. Also is there any reason to believe that outside of a hot fix we will lose the ability to get HoA or legion weapons once shadowlands drops?

I didn’t need to know what was OP I guess...just haven’t played for a while and wanted to make sure with the changes none of the classes I posted would be nonviable, I really enjoy shaman healing but didn’t want to put loads of time into it if the changes made it underpowered. Also is there any reason to believe that outside of a hot fix we will lose the ability to get HoA or legion weapons once shadowlands drops?

Considering how Artifacts and AP went, it's probably safe to say that Azerite will probably go the same way. But at this point, it's more of a wait and see scenario, and there won't be any clear opinions until after SL launches

We arent technically supposed to have heart at this level. We are getting heart due to spaghetti code/bugging Blizzard is famous for.

Yeah but I'm talking WoW in general... are they going to nullify the HoA come shadowlands like they did artifact power for legion?

Well I’m seeing geared 20s with almost 3k hp on this site so if they take the ability to get the op gear Away in a week then the bracket will be completely broken

Has no one just put on an azerite item while not in SL content on the beta?

From what I heared it will just end up turning off azerite item traits once you port into any SL content.

If thats true then no changes will come to Azerite items in SL other than not useable in SL content

At level 11 in bear form I have 3k hp 42.25ilvl

Last edited:
Fair question. While this is up to preference, you wouldn't want a useless class in PvP.

All the DPS classes you mentioned are pretty viable, but Mages are still basically required to just spam Arcane Missiles. I'd suggest one of the other two because that's boring and annoying af, both for you and your enemies. If you like Rogues they're in a good place too and have a wide variety of skills, should be fun to play one in this expansion.

Shamans are still good healers, haven't tried Priest yet and Druids are lacking utility imo, not that they're bad but I'd prefer Shaman.

Take a look at the spellbook for each class to see which spells will be available, average damage etc, that should help you decide.

Fair question. While this is up to preference, you wouldn't want a useless class in PvP.

All the DPS classes you mentioned are pretty viable, but Mages are still basically required to just spam Arcane Missiles. I'd suggest one of the other two because that's boring and annoying af, both for you and your enemies. If you like Rogues they're in a good place too and have a wide variety of skills, should be fun to play one in this expansion.

Shamans are still good healers, haven't tried Priest yet and Druids are lacking utility imo, not that they're bad but I'd prefer Shaman.

Take a look at the spellbook for each class to see which spells will be available, average damage etc, that should help you decide.
Shaman's mastery and armor is really good, its a solid pick with slow totem, ghost wolf, and riptide. Druid currently gets a better weapon(barring grandfathered relics), of course it has much superior mobility, stealth, and decent heals. Druid also has a root, which is not that common actually. It does really depend on what you are going for, most classes are viable right now but especially healers and ranged as per usual. Rogues also are in a good spot.

From Ion's interview with PandaTV:
Directly related, Essences and Azerite armor will continue to work. However when you go into the Shadowlands, the link between the Heart of Azeroth and the planet Azeroth is basically separate - so that will disable your Essences, it will disable the Azerite Powers on your gear while you're in the Shadowlands. If you come back to Battle for Azeroth content, they'll still function there - if you wanna go run old content for transmog or whatever, we're not completely pulling it out of the game like we did with Artifacts, but there's as story reason why it doesn't function there. You'll replace your shoulders, armor, helm pretty quickly; if you have a high level Heart of Azeroth, you'll probably still be wearing that for stats all the way to max level though.

That quote implies we should have time to get HoA And gear up accordingly even after SL comes out, really the gf artifacts should be the only thing missing moving forward correct?

Disc Priests are pretty strong and have a nice kit. Or you can go FOTM... hunter/mage/etc. Warriors can do damage with proper gear + enchants too imo.

Disc Priests are pretty strong and have a nice kit. Or you can go FOTM... hunter/mage/etc. Warriors can do damage with proper gear + enchants too imo.
I’m working on a priest now, shadow seems strong and will have the option to respec and heal is a plus

Users who are viewing this thread