Which class should i get Sun-lute for (pvp)

shortý

Legend
I talked to some 85 twinks the other day and they said that DK might be the weakest class to get sun lute for in pvp. So my question is to you guys what class i should get Sun-lute for if i wanna do high dmg in pvp and push high rating in arenas. I know i have made alot of threads about Sun-lute, but its just i finally got the gold for it and im super hyped to get it. Thank you

wat

dk is the strongest class for lutes in arenas and bgs with ret right behind. Warrior is the worst of the three but is still playable

but yeah if im interpreting correctly what he he said above druid(and hunter/rogue) dont need lutes. If u want to faceroll a bg/arena hero feral druid/hunter/rogue/monk dominate and dont require 100k-200k lute

classes ebb and flow regarding relative power, so just pick which one you enjoy playing and get it. and upgrade it fast before the xpac comes out! and also use it a bunch before the xpac, cos item squish is supposed to bring it nearly in line with H DS weps iirc. not to mention squish = smaller numbers popping up, so go nuts while u still can

classes ebb and flow regarding relative power, so just pick which one you enjoy playing and get it. and upgrade it fast before the xpac comes out! and also use it a bunch before the xpac, cos item squish is supposed to bring it nearly in line with H DS weps iirc. not to mention squish = smaller numbers popping up, so go nuts while u still can
Aelobin has told me plenty of times that Ilvl will still play a big role, but yea i can see what you mean

Aelobin has told me plenty of times that Ilvl will still play a big role, but yea i can see what you mean

ya ilvl will still play a role, especially in pve. but extrapolating from lvl 80s and, "All the 2h weapons that drop from WotLK raids have near enough the same DPS. The 409s have lost 95% of their gain over the 284s but are still slightly better (unless gems are enough to make the difference)", i would assume that lute will drop very near h ds drops. and even if its much better, especially while upgraded, the numbers will still be A LOT smaller...so get it now and enjoy it while it lasts

sunlute does not get scaled anymore

it used to scale
^ If you upgrade it, it should be 491 in bgs and 483 non upgraded in bgs.

EDIT: I like it better now than it was when it used to scale up higher than heroic thunderforged weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just seen sun lute on my realm last week, so i decided to try and get it on my 60 ret twink since 60 is so boring nowadays, ended up winning it for 90k. i then leveled to 70 and did arena with and randomly got 2.2. so now it has blody .. now that im 85 i thoroughly enjoy ret as a twink with lute. crits are insane with cds popped. i always have enjoyed ret but i would say play what you enjoy the most. ill link my armory in case you want to see

Truelêgênd @ Blackrock - Community - World of Warcraft

Users who are viewing this thread