Which BFA feature are you most excited for on your 70?

Nice work Odal.
If you are US server add chey#11703
I wonder what the effect of pvp power is too when compared to main stay in BFA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, yes I am on US. I’ll have to add you later when I’m home. And PvP power is a bit beyond my experience. I have no toons with it that I know of. Can you even get very much of it at this level?

I’m looking forward to seeing how this forgotten stat fares. But I’m mostly ignorant to the rest of BFA changes. If the resil on tanks isn’t OP, resil on healers may be.

I like regearing, so looking through everything again is fun. Ofcourse world PvP talents are awesome.

I got to play yesterday. As soon as I logged in, I went into the que for a random BG. Temple of Kotmogu was my destiny. I did not know what to expect.....and then the gates opened. By the end of the match, I was watching horde run away at the sheer sight of me. It was nice using trinkets again, ability enchants, bombs, potions flasks etc. So much fun.

I was worried I would need to re enchant re gear and re gem everything but in just full sunwell/engineering blues it went very well

I played my pally a bit. First prot, then holy. Prot feels worthless, though I’m sure I take forever to kill. Mostly because resilience though. Do any of the tanks feel fun? I played a bit with my prot warrior and instead of being unkillable on it, it’s more like I can just be a big nuisance with a toolbox full of short cooldowns. Prot pally feels worse with less utility and probably less survivability. At least my consecrate is like an escape artist (except on roots) on a 4 second cooldown.

Holy pally seems fun. And unless I’m focused, I don’t die quickly. Haven’t really pally healed since the old days though, so it’ll take some getting used to.

I have played all 3 of the specs for paladin so far in BGS. Shockadin is a real thing again btw. Those stacking judgments can really catch casters off guard. Heals felt strong. I went with the pvp talent where consecrate makes your holy light more powerful. Worked well.

For prot, the reflective aoe dmg felt lower but I agree, I felt like was a royal pain to kill which I’m fine with. Made holding flags in AB fun.

I am very, very happy with Ret.

So, back in cata, which was when I mostly played my 70 toon, we didn’t have scaling levels, so I’m wondering if it’s even worth keeping 70 toons. I have no desire for PvE at 70 and the only thing I can think of for staying at 70 is if they ever remove scaling levels in BGs.

When it was 70-74 bracket, the secondary stats you had scaled better at 70 and far outweighed the minor advantages from 71-74 (dual nifflevar’s being the exception). But now, I can’t see any reason to stay 70 except just because.

Granted, I probably will with my pally- I have another 79 pally I can try to get resil gear for. Can anyone point to any other reasons to stay 70?

So, back in cata, which was when I mostly played my 70 toon, we didn’t have scaling levels, so I’m wondering if it’s even worth keeping 70 toons. I have no desire for PvE at 70 and the only thing I can think of for staying at 70 is if they ever remove scaling levels in BGs.

When it was 70-74 bracket, the secondary stats you had scaled better at 70 and far outweighed the minor advantages from 71-74 (dual nifflevar’s being the exception). But now, I can’t see any reason to stay 70 except just because.

Granted, I probably will with my pally- I have another 79 pally I can try to get resil gear for. Can anyone point to any other reasons to stay 70?
Is resilience working?

Is resilience working?
Pretty sure it is. I haven’t actually checked yet. I can do that when I get home. It’ll still be the 70 vs 91 test though. If anyone can organize an equal level test (79 vs 79 or 70 vs 70), it’d probably be most accurate.

Pretty sure it is. I haven’t actually checked yet. I can do that when I get home. It’ll still be the 70 vs 91 test though. If anyone can organize an equal level test (79 vs 79 or 70 vs 70), it’d probably be most accurate.
I can. I have a resilience set for my 70 paladin and I also have one for an 85

resil is definitely working tested few days ago. It is quite significant, don't have actual numbers but did some duels with fire Mage free casting then let me swap gear etc, was in feral spec just sitting in cat form.
The difference was obvious. So much so that when I used my old resil stacked resto set I didn't need to heal up, my passive heal was enough to keep me up in the rotation.

Obviously more testing with actual numbers needs to be done but it is very much a thing.

Without Ilvl determining percent stats in templates, 79s have a very small advantage over 70s which is where skill comes into play, I personally think it’s just the quitters way out to level up but that’s just me. You do you

Without Ilvl determining percent stats in templates, 79s have a very small advantage over 70s which is where skill comes into play, I personally think it’s just the quitters way out to level up but that’s just me. You do you
Actually, I'm not even sure of why I posted what I did because by the end of the post I had realized I have a 79 paladin I can just gear up instead if I want to. But even if I did level, I'm not sure what I'd be quitting. It's not like I've ever raided on my 70. I'd be quitting the metaphorical dust gathering if anything.

Edit- okay tested the resilience again 70 vs 91.

This time shield of the righteous because consecrate was doing double digit numbers of damage and I think 3 digits would be better to get a more accurate fraction.

No resilience:
WithoutResil2.png

Full resilience (291, no flask this time)
WithResil1.png

So this is a 37% reduction. Probably about as high as you're going to see in this bracket aside from a few enchants I might be missing and flask is 20 now instead of 24.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread