Which 2-hander for ret pally?

RC-ST. said:
don't use corpsemaker dude, it's the worst weapon ever... it has 4 dps less than thermplugger left arm, and it hit so slow that you will never make a killing bow - i mean you have to w8 4 sec... and rogues can hit in like 0.5 sec, warriors can use execute... what will you do? watch how other people finish your enemy and steal you'r killing bow, and you won't be on the first place at damage done

Who cares about killing blows?

Who cares about first place in damage done?

These stats are completely irrelevant when looking at who's contributing to the team's success.

As far as choosing between Cobalt Crusher, Corpsemaker, and Bloodied Arcanite Reaper, I'd feel they're all very situational. They all have their perks and the differences are so minimal that you may not even notice them in game. You'll love it whenever the Crusher procs, though ;)

Good luck with your paladin!

EDIT :: I'd suggest between CM and BAR. The Crusher would be more for shits n grins, imo.

Junai said:
yeah cobalt crushers proc is on a 1 min internal cooldown it is very nice for burst damage but maybe once per fight youll see it (prolly a lot less). dont gimp your damage just for that especially since its an elemental attack and is resistable.

though i would use cobalt over thermapluggs

Did you watch this video? It shows that there is no internal CD on the frost proc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqialHdZ-WA (at 0:35)

And i can only repeat: on paper the Cobalt Crusher looks inferior but in practice it works very well. This is probably also due to the faster attack speed. The 3.8 secs speed of the Corpsemaker can be painful. Just try it.

No Mojo said:
Did you watch this video? It shows that there is no internal CD on the frost proc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqialHdZ-WA (at 0:35)

And i can only repeat: on paper the Cobalt Crusher looks inferior but in practice it works very well. This is probably also due to the faster attack speed. The 3.8 secs speed of the Corpsemaker can be painful. Just try it.

ah the times ive actually used never have i seen a double proc nor any procs occur at close intervals. interesting though.

RC-ST. said:
don't use corpsemaker dude, it's the worst weapon ever... it has 4 dps less than thermplugger left arm, and it hit so slow that you will never make a killing bow - i mean you have to w8 4 sec... and rogues can hit in like 0.5 sec, warriors can use execute... what will you do? watch how other people finish your enemy and steal you'r killing bow, and you won't be on the first place at damage done

Don't listen to this clownshoe.

Corpsemaker with crusader is the ONLY way to play a Ret paladin. If you get the goofy BoA axe as well, put 25 agility on it so you can switch them out, but honestly, I'd rather have attack power for auto-crits.

Like someone already said, a slower weapon substantially increases the proc chance for Crusader AND Seal of Command. And with instant attacks like SoC proccing, it gives additional instant hits-per-minute which also adds to the chance for Crusader to proc.

I've tried Thermaplugg's with 25 agility and Cobalt with crusader, and both are alright for fighting stationary healers like paladins and shamans, but ultimately the good ol' Corpsemaker reigns supreme.

don't forget this about slow weapon speed: you can move out between attacks, especially as a ret paladin with pursuit of justice. it's easy to pull off little mini-kites over and over and watch dagger rogues cry.

In my experience Corpsemaker is very good and I'm pretty convinced its best you can get(have no experience of arcanite).

But like somebody said its situational. There are situations where faster weapon with lower damage that procs less can actually be life saver. Before I got crusader for Corpsemaker, I actually found out that Combatant Claymore was better against hunters in some games. I think it was because I didn't have high enough dps, but faster rate of dmg to hunter actually caused more damage. I suspect it was because I could hit hunter more often before he took distance again, while Corpsemaker took far long to hit again.

When I got crusader, the swing corpsemaker gives was far better.

To me it looks you need really good burst to make slow 2H justified.

If you got problems with surviability or burst just doesnt seem to do what you need, speed can be better option .

yeah corpsemaker hits high with crusader, its got time to proc and stuff. most 2hers are viable for a 2h ret but cobalt crusher, corpsemaker and BAR are the best. thermaplugg's is alright but the average hit damage isnt my thing.

cobalt crusher procs nicely with the frost damage.

BAR has nice stats

corpsemaker is great tho. BAR and corpsemaker are the best imo.

Corpsemaker or BAR for absolute certainty. My main is a 3-time Gladiator ret pally, one of the only in the world. I know what I'm talking about. ;P I personally use a Corpsemaker with Crusader on my 29 twink ret pally. Though I haven't played him in months.

fuzzles said:
lol slipped my mind. still doesn't sound worth it imo crusader on BAR, CM, or CC is clearly better.

Honestly I expect Ikeelyou to be right in that BAR/CM > CC but I still wanna try it out.

CC had one slightly handy use, back before we got 15% talented runspeed.

Chasing someone just outside melee range but inside judgement range. Since back then you'd most likely never actually catch him (unless you had HoJ/grenade/netgun up) Judgements could proc weapon procs and weapon proc enchants, so you could judge and get judgement damage+frost damage+fire damage. I had one made up just for that; too bad I never remembered to use the damn thing for that purpose.

Also, the frost damage (the BASE frost damage, not the proc; the 5 additional melee frost damage) goes through melee-immunites; I was very confused one time when I was beating on another paladin and he BoP'd himself, but I was still damaging him for 5 points (proved handy as this was back in the day and it either gave him healing cast-knockback or broke his bandage, I can't remember which)

Thermaplugg's Left arm goes to fury wars (do they still exist at 29? Havn't played since the end of October :p) and enhance shammies (likewise)

Is anyone going to toss in Manual Crowd Pummeler? Sure in terms of consistency its not the best pick but isn't it worth having? 500 haste on (now) a 1hr cooldown, no longer 3 procs. Its dps is high and with that proced people say their swing speed comes down to .5 or so.

Windsor said:
Is anyone going to toss in Manual Crowd Pummeler? Sure in terms of consistency its not the best pick but isn't it worth having? 500 haste on (now) a 1hr cooldown, no longer 3 procs. Its dps is high and with that proced people say their swing speed comes down to .5 or so.

I'd buy what ur selling. Use the cd, then toss on corpsemaker or BAR.

BTW anyone who says anything other than those 3 options, plz just stop posting.

Kazin said:
I'd buy what ur selling. Use the cd, then toss on corpsemaker or BAR.

Exactly^^ There isn't a better dps weapon out there with the haste proc. I figure macroing it so that you aren't dicking around in your bag to switch to the pummler, use it, switch back to corpsemaker/colbat crusher/left arm/arcanite reaper.

This should be a pick up for any ret pally imo. Good versus another twink, you might beat them even if they out gear you.

Windsor said:
Exactly^^ There isn't a better dps weapon out there with the haste proc. I figure macroing it so that you aren't dicking around in your bag to switch to the pummler, use it, switch back to corpsemaker/colbat crusher/left arm/arcanite reaper.

This should be a pick up for any ret pally imo. Good versus another twink, you might beat them even if they out gear you.

Pickup for anyone who can use a 2h imo. That much haste is about as dirty as it gets.

Kazin said:
Pickup for anyone who can use a 2h imo. That much haste is about as dirty as it gets.

They changed that thing again huh? 1hr cd but no charges, AND the buff stays if you switch weapons? Then by all means, pick one up just for those times when you absolutly have to gib the FC.

Wasn't really worth it previously unless you absolutly loved farming Gnomer :p

*edit* according to wowhead, the 500 haste rating is 130% haste at 28. So Corpsemaker/BAR comes down to about 1.6sec speed. Weee....

Sparhawk said:
Wasn't really worth it previously unless you absolutly loved farming Gnomer :p

I have about 10 of these sitting in my bank lol.

Happens when you get all those charged gears and emissary cuffs (yes, I'm a sick individual, I have 6/5 em cuffs of the monkey)

Absolutely BAR or CM because of the speed and top end dmg

[quote name='Retownsyou']I twinked 29 for 5 weeks with a Corpsemaker, simply because I was too lazy to get a BaR since I knew I'd be moving up to 39 eventually and so BaR would just be wasted emblems.QUOTE]

Why wasted emblem? BAR is still the best 2h even at 39 except POD what is very rare to get.

Users who are viewing this thread