Where to start a 49?

I am an avid Twinker, and before the 39s had mounts I started a rogue to take to the 49s. Sadly after months of screwing around in the 39s, I decide to stay because the next patch introduced mounts and I got the sash and pants for under 30 gold $$. Now with the changes to the Leg armor and everyone using exploits I have decide to reroll a toon specifically for the 49s. I personally would love to participate in premades.

So to my questions:

Where is the largest community for 49s?

Is anyone willing to fund and help with instance runs?

And if there are posts before explaining this please bump for me

This thread is relevant to my interests

I have two 49 twinks on different battlegroups, so I'll throw in a little input here.

Largest communities: I do not know. I'm in both <CF> (Horde, Reckoning BG, Frostmane server) and <Decimation> (Horde, Ruin BG, Skullcrusher server). Both have quite a bit of 49s, but I'd say that <CF> has more on at any given time. They also have a vent. I've been with <Decimation> for a while now and I love the crew. I just wish they'd log on more :)

Willing to fund / instance runs: Unfortunately I cannot say that others would be willing to run you. I no longer have higher level toons on either server that my twinks are on, so I would be unable to help you there. I may be transferring my 80 DK to Frostmane. If I do I would be willing to help you, not necessarily do all your runs and fund you completely. Me transferring him is still up in the air.

Best of luck to you.

Well i dont have a second account or wrath, So using a DK for runs is out of the picture. Main reason i want someone helping with gear and enchants.

Megadeth said:
Well i dont have a second account or wrath, So using a DK for runs is out of the picture. Main reason i want someone helping with gear and enchants.

Gotcha.

Do you have a name for yourself in the twinking community? Going to be damn hard to find a sponsor if there's nothing you can bring to the table.

Sigh, I feel extremely torn posting in this thread. I don't want to say "WTF" but it is definitely in my mind. I suppose if there is anyone who is willing to "carry you and twink your char for your", then I shouldn't have any issues. But just hearing a request of what appears to be begging, really annoys me.

Anyone with 20g and a little AH skill can make enough money to twink quite easily. Start low with 19 gear. If you see decent greens buy them and resell for 20x what you bought it for. If you see 5/5 Monkey Eagle Falcon etc Leggings for 2g, buy them and resell for 45g. I do this a lot on my server.

In my opinion, Twinks are for the dedicated. If you are only willing to twink if someone basically does everything for you, well then . . . . damn i don't know what else to say.

Ok.. let's go with less of the "help me get gear"

and more with the "Where are the active 49 twinking communities where I can reroll/transfer to?"

Getting gear is only a problem if you wish to be "perfect"

I just want a spot with 9+ dependable people to fill out games v other premade twinks

Some one was looking for a good realm for 19s.

People said to check the Official WoW forums and post around in the pvp forums. Twinks are usually pretty forum active, so that might be another option on finding a good realm.

Rampage has a solid 49s community imo. Juiced on Garona horde is growing again and Juiced on Kael'thas alliance is pretty strong. Iirc, a few of their members run this site.

I've been known to run people through an instance or 20. Maybe even hand out an item or five if they're good people.

If you're interested in horde-side 49s, pop over and talk to Yesintheface (me, obv, Saia for anyone who ran the bracket 2+ years ago), Taharl, or JeanPascal (guild leader).

Yesintheface said:
Rampage has a solid 49s community imo. Juiced on Garona horde is growing again and Juiced on Kael'thas alliance is pretty strong. Iirc, a few of their members run this site.

I've been known to run people through an instance or 20. Maybe even hand out an item or five if they're good people.

If you're interested in horde-side 49s, pop over and talk to Yesintheface (me, obv, Saia for anyone who ran the bracket 2+ years ago), Taharl, or JeanPascal (guild leader).

Everything is dead on except not this site. ADT runs 49twinks.com. We just lurk and lol here.

Couldn't say, I'm just getting back into the swing after a layoff for a while.

I wouldn't make any claims that Juiced horde roflstomps anyone else (even if we do), not my thing. But we have fun people to hang around who are team players. And the group is now getting it's legs again. Good time to come in early and find where you fit.

Velocemorte said:
Gotcha.

Do you have a name for yourself in the twinking community? Going to be damn hard to find a sponsor if there's nothing you can bring to the table.

Going to ignore this post... Flame free site plz be mature

Thank you i will contact you within the week.

Going to ignore this post

He's not entirely wrong though..

Unless you've got something a guild wants (most twink guilds just want more players, but more and more would rather take people who have "proven" themselves to be good at their class of choice, thus "making a name for themselves") they won't necessarily be inclined to fund and run you through the process of gearing/leveling up..

Megadeth said:
Going to ignore this post... Flame free site plz be mature

lol - seriously? You took that as me flaming you? It was just a statement, which I'm sure most people agree with. As far as maturity goes, there was nothing immature with what I said.

Sorry if you felt insulted, though.

Juke said:
He's not entirely wrong though..

Unless you've got something a guild wants (most twink guilds just want more players, but more and more would rather take people who have "proven" themselves to be good at their class of choice, thus "making a name for themselves") they won't necessarily be inclined to fund and run you through the process of gearing/leveling up..

I dont not have a name or any experience in the "49 bracket", but everyone must start some where. Also i will not brag or call myself good its not my style, but i will say i have experience with the class i plan to twink. So if you are will to take a chance on me so be it, if not good luck to you. Also /wave Fen good to see you.

Megadeth said:
I dont not have a name or any experience in the "49 bracket", but everyone must start some where. Also i will not brag or call myself good its not my style, but i will say i have experience with the class i plan to twink. So if you are will to take a chance on me so be it, if not good luck to you. Also /wave Fen good to see you.

Fair enough.

Are you going to be resuming your current rogue or making something new?

What server would you roll on, or is that dependant on the guilds and competition?

EDIT - Most important question -Alliance or Horde?

Velocemorte said:
Fair enough.

Are you going to be resuming your current rogue or making something new?

What server would you roll on, or is that dependant on the guilds and competition?

EDIT - Most important question -Alliance or Horde?
Faction will not matter. Competition and an semi-active guild are my main concerns. I will be rerolling a completely new toon. I love my 39’s community and the environment I am in, sadly I am a sad panda because my battlegroup is underdeveloped when it comes to premades and this is an area of the game I want to experience on a regular basis.

Megadeth said:
Faction will not matter. Competition and an semi-active guild are my main concerns. I will be rerolling a completely new toon. I love my 39’s community and the environment I am in, sadly I am a sad panda because my battlegroup is underdeveloped when it comes to premades and this is an area of the game I want to experience on a regular basis.

I wish I could give you more information on <CF> of Reckoning, but I'm still quite new there and haven't entered a BG yet (43 on my pally - getting ALL my gear before I go in - thank goodness I'm almost done).

I'm also unfamiliar with Juiced, but I believe they were mentioned earlier. Have you had any luck contacting them?

<- Juiced horde side.

I don't want to speak for Juiced alliance, but I would guess that someone waffling between alli/horde would get gently pushed toward horde by the allis. Horde side in this battlegroup needs more #'s to field competitive teams against them.

A good example was last night. Horde Juiced had two (plus another garona horde) in a casual WSG and a couple of other random twinks from other realms. Alli was 6-short and we got 2 quick caps. This lead to the inevitable gaggle of horde people getting HKs in mid. I'm approaching the alli base to start the third cap on the 2nd level on run right into 6 Alli Juiced that just joined.

Needless to say, we got rolled for 3 consecutive caps. It wasn't until alli capped 2 that horde started figuring out, um, yeah maybe we should listen to Yesintheface saying to gtfo of mid and take this match seriously :).

So, to sum up, Horde in this bracket needs more team-minded quality players and Horde Juiced on Garona is building back up. I'm willing to help with runs, etc if the player is good people.

Not to be mistaken for me passing out 1kg sign-up bonuses or something.

Users who are viewing this thread