Where do YOU commonly World PvP?

I look for WPvP wherever there's plenty of level 20+ killable leveling players in a zone's /who on the opposite faction (usually Ashenvale or Northern Stranglethorn [occasionally Stonetalon as well], if ganking Hordes. Elsewhere if ganking Alliance).

And I do WPvP on both PvP and non-PvP servers. On non-PvP servers, many (though not all) non-flagged leveling players will gank (or attempt to gank) flagged players if they believe they'll win (low hp? non-BoA mogs? level difference? /gank!).
Riding to who-knows-where, then passing you and seeing you flagged-for-PvP, some will pause, stare at you (almost always about a second or two or more), U-turn, and attack you. Who said WPvP doesn't exist on non-PvP servers?

/sit and /afk while flagged-for-PvP around a opposite faction's quest hub is also a tempting bait to some (unless there's a player's corpse/skeleton nearby. "Really, I'm afk! Come at me!!!").

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a "small" (fun), different situation that happened some time ago:
Several patches ago, I rolled a Human on a well-populated server, and started a quest to kill 8 of these orcs. They all looked identical, including /stealth walking around like they normally do, but one... had 300k+ hp, was buffed, and had his HordePvP-flag-on. My PvP flag turned on after tossing one attack without checking my target fast enough, and ran when I immediately saw that "mob"s numbers. I was spared, as that 300k hp HordePvP-flagged orc continued to /rp"stealth"walk like nothing happened.

But, there were a handful of starting humans who attacked this 300k hp "mob", some even for a solid 5+ seconds, before that "mob" punished one for not paying attention. I still wonder what those starting players were thinking at that time.
The PvPers on that realm eventually killed and chased this "mob" out. Still, that made my day.

=====================================

Given the above, I wonder if that inspires similar ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread