What's the average /played of a hardcore F2P player? And if you are one, why do you F2P?

yeah most of us don't have gfs bc we're too busy farming achievement points on our low level World of Warcraft characters

well, at least you have bfs.

You know what, maybe this is really a broader question for other hardcore F2P players in this thread too: have you suffered real life set backs or losses (especially financial losses) due to how devoted you are to your F2P toon?

I havn’t lost any money from it since I would never work and study at the same time, fuck that.

The only things I’ve suffered from being F2P are probably having less of a social life irl and worse grades at university.

But....
2EAF4015-B464-4891-A65D-44A06973F009.jpeg

I think your biggest misconception is that the majority of people who play F2P choose to do so because of not wanting to pay a bit to be a vet, when in fact the majority that I've spoken with prefer it because of it's limitations. These limitations add a level of challenge and allow you to try to push things to the boundaries in a different way, which to a lot of us is fun.

I'm by no means current, and the F2P account I have these days isn't my original - that one I ended up turning into something else which I regret. But when I do eventually decide to pay a lot of attention to my F2P again, I'd go resume doing a lot of quests (Ideally every one of them, because completionism) and achievements.

I was looking at some of the F2P armories posted in our new thread where constructive conversations take place.

I am really impressed by hardcore toons like this one. (how can this guy be F2P, that's insane man)

so this got me thinking, what is considered a hardcore F2P? how much time do people spend on these F2P toons? I am sure it stops being "i wanna save a one time charge of $15" at some point (probably related to some form of sunk cost effect with respect to time)

and most importantly, if you are a hardcore F2P (please back up your claim by providing your /played and your armory), why do you endure F2P?

I believe this deserves a new thread (sorry, it's me again, board has been quiet lately), because these people went through a lot of self-inflicted pain and that needs to be recognized.

edit: did i just become the first person that managed to rate his own post?

F2P, have like 6 toons I rotate on. All alliance. Hard to be hardcore f2p.
Doesn't matter how great a f2P toon you make, premades and level 29 xpoff debuffers have dominated lately.
I have logged off after a few games a lot lately.
Was on a good run this past Saturday, and then ran in to a QT guild premade with 6 Tauren, 2 dedicated healbots.
Our team was the 2200 health warlock or DH with expeditonary gear that want to run flags, and a whole host of other meme toons
Enjoy competetive games with competent teams on alliance. That is kind of a misnomer.
Rare that this is the case. I can top the chart on my Survival hunt or WW monk, makes 0 difference if the rest of the team is trash
Like when we have 4-6 heals and horde have 0, and they still are dominating the game. Heals in crap gear or that only heal themselves aren't much of a help. Another example, 1 game, Horde had a Ret pally that outhealed our 3 heals combined.

Here is why.
Premades and xpoff debuffers/lvl 29's in Brutal gear
There's a few of em on both sides. Truly unbalance the game.
Wait 20 mins for a battleground que pop, and see one of these, usually a fury warr or shadow priest on horde, and tell team to just leave and don't get farmed for hks. Hoping they do and these debuffer aholes log at some point.
Will stay and play if we have some decent toons with gear though.
Also, if horde have 6 hunters, 4 Disc priests, 1 Resto Sham, 1 MW monk...
and our team has like half the team with under 2400 health, I log, not trying to carry all that.
Also, horde have better gear and common sense in general.
It gets tedious directing people to nodes/carts/flags, please call incs early, etc.

Hoping, but not actually expecting that 9.1 will bring any positive changes to the bracket and class imbalance.

Last edited:
wow, impressive. but now i really don't get it then bro, if you put over 50 days into a F2P toon, why do you bash me for spending less than half of that time to make gold (most of which were afk while I PvP on the other account anyway)?
I didnt bash you for making gold. I posted three times in that thread. Once, a joke about just buying tokens. 2nd to mock Celax for taking anything you say at face value and 3rd making fun of you for calling other people bitter when... well. Just look at your posting history for the past week.

like, honestly, i am sure you could have used some of those 51 days and 21 hours to make some real life money, right?
I spend 40 hours a week making real life money, why would I try to turn my hobby time into work time?

You know what, maybe this is really a broader question for other hardcore F2P players in this thread too: have you suffered real life set backs or losses (especially financial losses) due to how devoted you are to your F2P toon?
No and its kinda weird that you're trying so hard for so long to get people to be impressed by this 7k you supposedly lost being addicted to a video game.

I didnt bash you for making gold. I posted three times in that thread. Once, a joke about just buying tokens. 2nd to mock Celax for taking anything you say at face value and 3rd making fun of you for calling other people bitter when... well. Just look at your posting history for the past week.

I spend 40 hours a week making real life money, why would I try to turn my hobby time into work time?

No and its kinda weird that you're trying so hard for so long to get people to be impressed by this 7k you supposedly lost being addicted to a video game.
Now that's just rude. :p

:KEKWait:

out of all the things i have said, this is the one you think i am trying to impress people with?

pretty sure i mentioned being an actuarial fellow way more on here.

also the gold-making picture in my signature, i.e., something that i mention every time i make a post...

you can get on with your life believing whatever you would rather believe, if it makes your day brighter!

Line is blurred here.

Is this a anti-vet thread or not?

If so, perhaps we should go back to separated threads since this is under 20s(SL)

Sorry. Didn’t mean to take it negative, just was wondering/clarifying if hardcore Vet /played responses were welcome or relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread