What's gonna happen...

Since there seems to some people who are optimistic about the current changes that were made today I just thought I'd put somethings into perspective...

- Queues are most likely only gonna get worse as people will get disheartened by the extremely long wait times and just /afk... (This is DAY ONE of the patch and already people are experiencing 1hr+ queues)

- All the gf/expensive/hard to acquire gear you might have spent hours getting is now about as useful as fibre glass toilet paper which will also probably also lessen the feeling of value of actually making a twink... Got a gloomshroud armor on your rogue? Doesn't matter some fucking idiot just killed a bird in mulgore and got a chest 10x better than yours cos epics drop in start zones now.

Random Bg's are gonna be dead on EU unless someone takes the initiative to organise set days to queue... And with the amount of people who bail on wargames after signing up in recent times I just don't see any progress being made there... even with the efforts of US players being drafted over.

Before the patch there was inactivity... and now it's just gonna be so much harder to make anyone wanna play. Unfortunately this will be the nail in the coffin for EU imo... change my mind... (please I actually do wanna carry on playing just gimme a reason).

So yeah overall... shit change... and everyone who thinks it's not that bad is probs deluded or trolling

Most GF'd gear such as inferno or invasion gear still bis

If people were only queuing 19s to farm levellers and pop speedpots you won't be missed remotely.

Do you still fly hack?

OT; what will happen? I'll tell you... Queues will be decent for about a month. Then it will get longer and longer till it basically stops. Then this section will be full of "let's get pops again". That will work for about a week till people have scratched the itch and it will die for another two months... Been there, done that.

Even the retards that think it's good knows how this goes.

Do you still fly hack?

OT; what will happen? I'll tell you... Queues will be decent for about a month. Then it will get longer and longer till it basically stops. Then this section will be full of "let's get pops again". That will work for about a week till people have scratched the itch and it will die for another two months... Been there, done that.

Even the retards that think it's good knows how this goes.
Never flew hack in a battleground wargame or any kind of pvp

Nope, just a more fair playing field for non twinks who want to enjoy pvp while leveling. Catering to you people is about as satiating as huffing air. The sheer petulance many of you are demonstrating is just wholesome icing on the cake.
All I want to say is ( from a higher level twinks perspective), back in older expansions pvp did not grant experience. Because of this you got the casual leveler trying out bgs and arenas, and twinks. These players either rarely/never qued again or they went and checked out some better gear, welfared some enchants and tried there luck. I remember in wotlk and cata having levelers especially the higher level ones being harder to kill because of hit and other factors, especially if they found out how to gear semi well to play against twinks. These players actually wanted to pvp, because it granted no incentive to leveling, so it was an eat or get eaten world. Once they introduced experience into instanced pvp, you got more people with no gear, no pvp experience or both in your ques. These were the first real complainers and as the game has continued its gotten progressively worse. Instead of going out of your way if you were interested in pvp while leveling and getting some semi good gear to play effectively and maybe not optimally in pvp, but now you have the lazy fucks who are just afk watching anime and walking around in bgs collecting free xp. And this narrative blizzard has put in place is that you just need to brain dead level to max and then play and taken away any incentive to truly enjoy the game while leveling. So instead of players wanting to actually win in pvp because it’s satisfying, they want to for the experience. So why try to win when blizzard has given you the means to just complain about what comes in your way instead of working to play against it? The machine that is leveling is just grey matter for players and blizzard now, and that includes twinks. The days of both thriving is over, and one way or another blizzard will continue to marginalize them the more we get in the way of the mindless leveling experience. There’s my rant, doubt most of you read it. Love you all

All I want to say is ( from a higher level twinks perspective), back in older expansions pvp did not grant experience. Because of this you got the casual leveler trying out bgs and arenas, and twinks. These players either rarely/never qued again or they went and checked out some better gear, welfared some enchants and tried there luck. I remember in wotlk and cata having levelers especially the higher level ones being harder to kill because of hit and other factors, especially if they found out how to gear semi well to play against twinks. These players actually wanted to pvp, because it granted no incentive to leveling, so it was an eat or get eaten world. Once they introduced experience into instanced pvp, you got more people with no gear, no pvp experience or both in your ques. These were the first real complainers and as the game has continued its gotten progressively worse. Instead of going out of your way if you were interested in pvp while leveling and getting some semi good gear to play effectively and maybe not optimally in pvp, but now you have the lazy fucks who are just afk watching anime and walking around in bgs collecting free xp. And this narrative blizzard has put in place is that you just need to brain dead level to max and then play and taken away any incentive to truly enjoy the game while leveling. So instead of players wanting to actually win in pvp because it’s satisfying, they want to for the experience. So why try to win when blizzard has given you the means to just complain about what comes in your way instead of working to play against it? The machine that is leveling is just grey matter for players and blizzard now, and that includes twinks. The days of both thriving is over, and one way or another blizzard will continue to marginalize them the more we get in the way of the mindless leveling experience. There’s my rant, doubt most of you read it. Love you all

great, this proves further that blizzard SHOULD separate levelers and twinks. Since levelers, according to your point, are "lazy fucks" who don't understand the true meaning behind PVP & only interested in gaining exp. So, it is time to put these leechers into their own queue, and don't let them destroy the experience of the holy true xpoff PVPers.

So why all the complaint?

great, this proves further that blizzard SHOULD separate levelers and twinks. Since levelers, according to your point, are "lazy fucks" who don't understand the true meaning behind PVP & only interested in gaining exp. So, it is time to put these leechers into their own queue, and don't let them destroy the experience of the holy true xpoff PVPers.

So why all the complaint?
its not a complaint, a fact that we now have a smaller chance of influencing new twinks, half of the twinks made in bfa came from people pming me after my guild macro or asking how i got my gear

I hear what you are saying and I don't doubt that your hypothetical rings true at times. However, is that the standard or status quo? Or an overestimation of prevalence? I'm going to match your speculative-natured air with my own anecdotal evidence and point out that I've been playing xpon bgs in many different brackets and almost never run into the type of player you referenced above. In fact, I enjoy not having to queue into other twinks to enjoy bgs now.

I think we will both agree it's not a perfect system, and they haven't come close to establishing a favorable outcome - and probably never will. A perfect example is world pvp... if they truly give a shit about the common pvper, why the fuck have they not AT LEAST attempted to address max lvl gankers shitting on lvlers for hours on end. I mean that has been going on since vanilla and it's fucking AIDS in my opinion.

I dunno, I don't have the answers. Those who stay, ride the wave until the end eh?
[doublepost=1552582974,1552582709][/doublepost]
its not a complaint, a fact that we now have a smaller chance of influencing new twinks, half of the twinks made in bfa came from people pming me after my guild macro or asking how i got my gear

Yeah this is unfortunate and I certainly don't dispute it's validity. But hey, to those of us who enjoy BG pvp I say
VIVE LA THROW-AWAY TWINKS
[doublepost=1552583008][/doublepost]Which roughly translates to enchanted heirlooms =P

I'll be hanging out and trying some 19s before my sub runs out. If I enjoy it maybe I'll resub. Who knows.

My first two thoughts on ways for blizz to balance games without separating Qs:
1. Xpoff players have their enchants turned off during instanced pvp.
2. Xpoff players have strict no consumable rules in instanced pvp (similar to wargames now, can only use what is available inside the BG)

Feel free to say I'm dumb and those are bad ideas.

I'm all for competetive tink vs tink BGs and I'll be testing Q times @ 19 for the next few weeks before throwing in the towel. Much like others, I was here before and after the original segregation - cant just abandon fellow tinks.

That being said, holy shit the convenience of being able to hop on for 30 minutes and catch a BG pop @ any time of day will be sorely missed.

If people were only queuing 19s to farm levellers and pop speedpots you won't be missed remotely.

I don't actually think the majority of twinks were queuing just to dump on levelers... I think most of the people I know just queued randoms to have an attempt at a competitive game with maybe an even split of levelers on each side... These kind of games were few and far between but did happen every now and then. I mean even I didn't queue random bg regularly in the past month or two but it would be nice to have the option to actually play the characters i've spent a bit of time on instead of waiting 12 years for a pop.

It's the false attitude that our sole purpose is to run around like raid bosses and one shot green geared players that has us in separate queues now. I'd happily play 10v10 twink I just don't really wanna dedicate my entire evening waiting for a pop. Maybe I'm not dedicated enough who knows :/.
[doublepost=1552584385,1552584114][/doublepost]
Catering to you people is about as satiating as huffing air. The sheer petulance many of you are demonstrating is just wholesome icing on the cake.

This kind of response is exactly what I didn't wanna see... I've read some of the other things you've wrote on this thread that make you sound slightly less stupid but why even ever write this?

I have to agree with Black and Police on this one. These kind of changes over the years have always side-swiped the twink brackets. Which usually didn't get changed till the following or the following after expansion. I liked the XPon/XPoff together because it gave an opportunity for more people in the bracket. The bigger the bracket the more things we have and can do. Even if the odds of one of them trying out twinking say 1/10 it would still be worth it. Forcing those that like to play with their friends to buy BFA to play the additional maps is some sleezy shit, but not uncommon by Activision.

As far as the dude with the nose the entire size of his image that even my adblock rejected yeah, no idea what he's doing in any of the threads he is posting in. Biggest bunch of grandiloquence tea time horseshit i've ever read.

Last edited:
I hear what you are saying and I don't doubt that your hypothetical rings true at times. However, is that the standard or status quo? Or an overestimation of prevalence? I'm going to match your speculative-natured air with my own anecdotal evidence and point out that I've been playing xpon bgs in many different brackets and almost never run into the type of player you referenced above. In fact, I enjoy not having to queue into other twinks to enjoy bgs now.

I think we will both agree it's not a perfect system, and they haven't come close to establishing a favorable outcome - and probably never will. A perfect example is world pvp... if they truly give a shit about the common pvper, why the fuck have they not AT LEAST attempted to address max lvl gankers shitting on lvlers for hours on end. I mean that has been going on since vanilla and it's fucking AIDS in my opinion.

I dunno, I don't have the answers. Those who stay, ride the wave until the end eh?
[doublepost=1552582974,1552582709][/doublepost]

Yeah this is unfortunate and I certainly don't dispute it's validity. But hey, to those of us who enjoy BG pvp I say
VIVE LA THROW-AWAY TWINKS
[doublepost=1552583008][/doublepost]Which roughly translates to enchanted heirlooms =P
Are you like one of those autistic savants?

... Once they introduced experience into instanced pvp, you got more people with no gear, no pvp experience or both in your ques. These were the first real complainers and as the game has continued its gotten progressively worse. ...

Interesting take on the history of BG PvP there. Have you considered why Blizzard introduced XP into the battle grounds? Making such a significant change like that to a system that was working smoothly seems odds to me. But then again, the system wasn't working smoothly and twinks were a problem that needed to be solved for the greater community. So by introducing XP into the battle grounds, that means that any individual character would eventually level out of the bracket and would no longer be a problem to other characters. And yes, the twinks screamed at that change. So Blizzard then introduced the ability for twinks to turn off their XP gain. In my opinion that was a wonderful idea. It did two things. First, it made gearing up of a twink simplicity itself. As long as you were willing to spend the time and gold, you could gear your twink with the absolute best and never worry about accidentally leveling out of your desired bracket. I'm certain that plenty of twinks loved that aspect. But the second effect of turning off XP is that it also gave Blizzard a method of automatically detecting which characters were twinks and thereby giving them their own sandboxes to play in while not disturbing the majority of the player population. Want an unfair advantage over other players? Sorry, we're not going to let you continue to do that, but here's a new playground full of people just like you to play with. Oddly enough, it seems that many twinks don't like playing with other twinks. I wonder why...

Feel free to say I'm dumb and those are bad ideas.

I don't think they're bad ideas, but there's more to it than just 10-19, or 20-29…. items get CRAZY the higher you go.

The problem has always been that as you go up in levels and "newer" content things get worse, because of gear. Raid drops, and now scaled items - regular people leveling thru BG will never get that stuff and therefore will never be competitive.

It wouldn't be as bad as before, but it's still an issue -----> somewhere. Blizz always seems to screw everyone equally.

Interesting take on the history of BG PvP there. Have you considered why Blizzard introduced XP into the battle grounds? Making such a significant change like that to a system that was working smoothly seems odds to me. But then again, the system wasn't working smoothly and twinks were a problem that needed to be solved for the greater community. So by introducing XP into the battle grounds, that means that any individual character would eventually level out of the bracket and would no longer be a problem to other characters. And yes, the twinks screamed at that change. So Blizzard then introduced the ability for twinks to turn off their XP gain. In my opinion that was a wonderful idea. It did two things. First, it made gearing up of a twink simplicity itself. As long as you were willing to spend the time and gold, you could gear your twink with the absolute best and never worry about accidentally leveling out of your desired bracket. I'm certain that plenty of twinks loved that aspect. But the second effect of turning off XP is that it also gave Blizzard a method of automatically detecting which characters were twinks and thereby giving them their own sandboxes to play in while not disturbing the majority of the player population. Want an unfair advantage over other players? Sorry, we're not going to let you continue to do that, but here's a new playground full of people just like you to play with. Oddly enough, it seems that many twinks don't like playing with other twinks. I wonder why...
i feel like you're on the right track, but i'm assuming you didn't twink back then

i feel like you're on the right track, but i'm assuming you didn't twink back then
You're quite right. I was a leveler who simply quested. And originally, I accepted EVERY quest, including the PvP ones that required going into battle grounds. And honestly, after a few battle grounds and encounters with twinks, I stopped accepting those battle ground quests simply because the annoyance and frustration of being so completely stomped on by twinks just wasn't worth the reward and XP for the quests. And somehow, I suspect that I wasn't the only one who felt that way, and I also suspect that more than few complained to Blizzard. Hence the changes Blizzard made (IMHO far too late) during WotLK. Let's just say that there's no better method to turn someone off of PvP than for their initial encounters to be with a twink.

You're quite right. I was a leveler who simply quested. And originally, I accepted EVERY quest, including the PvP ones that required going into battle grounds. And honestly, after a few battle grounds and encounters with twinks, I stopped accepting those battle ground quests simply because the annoyance and frustration of being so completely stomped on by twinks just wasn't worth the reward and XP for the quests. And somehow, I suspect that I wasn't the only one who felt that way, and I also suspect that more than few complained to Blizzard. Hence the changes Blizzard made (IMHO far too late) during WotLK. Let's just say that there's no better method to turn someone off of PvP than for their initial encounters to be with a twink.

Can you point to on the doll where the twink touched you?

Levelers were queuing for me to farm them

However, is that the standard or status quo? Or an overestimation of prevalence? I'm going to match your speculative-natured air with my own anecdotal evidence

Do you talk to your mother with that mouth

This game blows even more now, time to commit toaster bath bomb

/bye

That's just for attention. If you want to get the job done, commit scooter ankle.

Users who are viewing this thread