EU+US What will be the final form of our Artifacts?

Tom Ganks

I was thinking if the final quest line nerfs our artifact weapons for a fancy new appearance (likely), what will replace the lost traits? Now I know all artifact traits are getting the shaft once BFA hits, but is there any reason to complete the quest line that supposedly nerfs the traits right off the bat? Why not wait a month or so after the final quests appear (assuming the final quests release before legion ends)? I couldn’t see people sacrificing their usefulness when they might still be farming antorus weekly.

This leads me to believe there will be a final powerful form of the weapon (hopefully legendary) that will be more powerful than its current state regardless of its trait nerf.

Might be a powerful new twink item. That or it might fuck us over and end up being less useful. But I doubt.

Also, I know that the Azerite necklace and armor will replace artifact weapons, but would we be able to have both equipped?

Honestly for some reason I could see them becoming heirloom weapons.

Imagine you sacrificing it but it doesn't actually like... die. So you get a lesser version of it in a form of a heirloom which you can use to level through the next content.

Honestly for some reason I could see them becoming heirloom weapons.

Imagine you sacrificing it but it doesn't actually like... die. So you get a lesser version of it in a form of a heirloom which you can use to level through the next content.

Yeah that could be possible. Hopefully pretty powerful ones if so. Probably a bit better than the Siege of Orgrimmar weapons (those had gem slots).

That said I hope the main one in our posession isn’t turned into that, only just having the heirloom ones in your heirloom interface.

I was thinking if the final quest line nerfs our artifact weapons for a fancy new appearance (likely), what will replace the lost traits? Now I know all artifact traits are getting the shaft once BFA hits, but is there any reason to complete the quest line that supposedly nerfs the traits right off the bat? Why not wait a month or so after the final quests appear (assuming the final quests release before legion ends)? I couldn’t see people sacrificing their usefulness when they might still be farming antorus weekly.

This leads me to believe there will be a final powerful form of the weapon (hopefully legendary) that will be more powerful than its current state regardless of its trait nerf.

Might be a powerful new twink item. That or it might fuck us over and end up being less useful. But I doubt.

Also, I know that the Azerite necklace and armor will replace artifact weapons, but would we be able to have both equipped?

Marning Rob. I’ve wondered the same thing as well and the only thing I can think of is they will buff/add to the current stat gain from leveling your artifact level, and possibly add extra stuff for 110s. For example my 101 arcane mage gets just stam when I level my artifact. Maybe they will make it so both my int and stam goes up. While maybe at 110, to make up for the large amount of traits lost, it might give me some other kind of buff that goes up with amount of art level. This is purely speculation but the only way I see blizz taking out traits without everyone going ballistic.

Marning Rob. I’ve wondered the same thing as well and the only thing I can think of is they will buff/add to the current stat gain from leveling your artifact level, and possibly add extra stuff for 110s. For example my 101 arcane mage gets just stam when I level my artifact. Maybe they will make it so both my int and stam goes up. While maybe at 110, to make up for the large amount of traits lost, it might give me some other kind of buff that goes up with amount of art level. This is purely speculation but the only way I see blizz taking out traits without everyone going ballistic.

I agree. Plus, unless they tune Antorus for it, a huge nerf in traits for Artifact weapons will make higher end raiding nearly impossibru during the pre-patch.

I agree. Plus, unless they tune Antorus for it, a huge nerf in traits for Artifact weapons will make higher end raiding nearly impossibru during the pre-patch.

Maybe that 3rd thing I mentioned that 110s might get for getting screwed out of all those traits could be what you mentioned, art weap gets buffed to LEG

Users who are viewing this thread