what is the ideal lvls to be to make various twinks???

chaoticmind

Royal Member
so i have a lvl 10 twink i know there good because they have no stat nerfs and are able to farm warforged gear (normal mode) , use cromie time (as long as you made a lvl 60 character already and subbed at least 1 month), and are a excellent choice for lvling other players to 60 so mainly pve content that is limited in terms of available content (also this is free to play)

make a lvl 20 twink for pvp that is free to play

make a lvl 29 twink so it can pvp with the lvl 20-29 bracket and have less restrictions than lower lvl twinks other than the obvious requirement of a sub

make a lvl 39 twink for titanforged gear (heroic mode pve)

why make a lvl 19 twink? pvp with lvl 10-19 bracket maybe? maybe something to do with not banking exp on free accounts?

now is there a ideal higher lvl that i can have access to all dungeons or another ideal lvl that i can have access to all raids with or without using cromie time? (id like to exclude dragon flight content completely in these 2 selections )

any help on my questions or any info in sections i missed would be very much appreciated thanks in advance :)

Depends on if you have a subscription or not; locked exp cannot que for battlegrounds without an active subscription.

Thus banking exp is level 20 F2P that is not exp locked - no subscription but in que with level 20-29 exp locked bracket in PVP

Locked exp on 10 and 19 are currently only dungeons queues unless geared to solo some.

level 10 is arguably the strongest for dungeon farming with warforged gear etc. If one has the enchants and pre-nerf Shadowlands trinkets

But grandfathered Level 19/20 F2P with all the pre-Dragonflight enchants and gem sockets applied are next strongest.

Again without a subscription you are limited to under level 20 toons, as 21+ requires the sub.

In no way or form is any 29 in retail going to get a positive response just level it to 30 and do raids.
The 20's bracket belongs to the F2P. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant and will be unwelcome.
Go play your 29 on Classic.
no matter how welcome or unwelcome you think a character is it doesn't change if it can que or not que ... if you said something like the power of a lvl 29 geared compared to a 20 geared being crap that would be another thing completely which i would assume is not a thing but i have no idea really ...... im not after opinions here im after facts

Last edited:
Depends on if you have a subscription or not; locked exp cannot que for battlegrounds without an active subscription.

Thus banking exp is level 20 F2P that is not exp locked - no subscription but in que with level 20-29 exp locked bracket in PVP

Locked exp on 10 and 19 are currently only dungeons queues unless geared to solo some.

level 10 is arguably the strongest for dungeon farming with warforged gear etc. If one has the enchants and pre-nerf Shadowlands trinkets

But grandfathered Level 19/20 F2P with all the pre-Dragonflight enchants and gem sockets applied are next strongest.

Again without a subscription you are limited to under level 20 toons, as 21+ requires the sub.
ive heard that once you hit 20 with a sub you lock your exp till you know your sub is going to expire then you unlock it the day of sub expiration then you can que and since your previously subbed and are a vet you can not bank exp like a free to pay player would bank exp

EVERY 9'S bracket will be the strongest compared to all previous tiers due to the availability of the toolkit abilities in PVP.
High ratings and in high skill games CC CHAINS=WIN GAMES always its just how the game is designed.
If you can get your optimized core role abilities + CC unlocked too (that final point to gain the CC will always be your most powerful build level)
There are over powered trinkets from every expansion. (just look at a bis list from any expansion to see what to go for)
There are also overtuned items that do some crazy things at various levels. (use them at your own risk especially in PVP situations as they can be can be considered exploits thus bannable also if reported. If you are reported over many times within quick succession you can get an instant 1-3 day ban for any bogus reason.)

Rule of note.
Druid level 13 druid gets access to stealth in PVP it's argueably better then every druid level before that due to stealth.
Paladins when they get repentance+fist+mobility
Warriors when they get Fear+leap+stormbolt/intervene

the only differences at the end of the day are:
Low level = Smaller health bar + Easy to heal + Easy to deal damage + Easy to play = Good Gank Power & Good Objective Capture Power
High level = Larger health bar + Survive longer without heals + More utility + More Crowd Control + More buttons + More complicated = 1v1 & Team Fight (good CC=win)

The biggest bragging point of any twink is the lower the level the more badass you are.
If you die to someone higher leveled you can always use the excuse they are just higher level.

For PVE generally the lowest level is strongest in raw power due to health scaling of enemies and blizzard expects you to be less geared.
Level 15 is optimum if you want to see More Crits.
Level 10 and below is optimum if you want super cosmic power.
Best levels = Strong Single target ability + Strong Aoe Ability.
Each expansion level cap tends to have higher levels as well.
Note when new dungeons unlock/level

Last edited:
make a lvl 39 twink for titanforged gear (heroic mode pve)
For 39s: Heroic Titanforged? Haven't seen any other ilvl changes even when "titanforged" items drop than what is listed on the raids under the adventure guide. Throne of Thunder is ilvl 120 heroic drops, and it's also still ivl 120 when thunderforged.... Correct if I'm wrong.

The only thing that increases substantially in ilvl, like any other bracket, is warforged WoD gear. :)

For 39s: Heroic Titanforged? Haven't seen any other ilvl changes even when "titanforged" items drop than what is listed on the raids under the adventure guide. Throne of Thunder is ilvl 120 heroic drops, and it's also still ivl 120 when thunderforged.... Correct if I'm wrong.

The only thing that increases substantially in ilvl, like any other bracket, is warforged WoD gear. :)
are you sure ? i would just assume it worked the same at warforged and it gets a ilvl increase

tho i do remember someone complaining about titanforge gear in a youtube video when that expac was current something about people running heroic and getting titanforged gear haveing better gear than people that were running mythic because the ilvl and stats were actually better than the mythic drops maybe it got nerfed for this reason if what your saying is true

i guess ill have to test it out and see unless someone knows for certin?

i do plan on making a exp off character at every lvl ending with a 9 all the way up so ill eventually find out through testing but good to know about the possibility at least i wont be surprised/disappointed if it is this way and if its not i will have a happy surprise so theres that thanks for the info

Last edited:
are you sure ? i would just assume it worked the same at warforged and it gets a ilvl increase

tho i do remember someone complaining about titanforge gear in a youtube video when that expac was current something about people running heroic and getting titanforged gear haveing better gear than people that were running mythic because the ilvl and stats were actually better than the mythic drops maybe it got nerfed this for this reason if what your saying is true

i guess ill have to test it out and see unless someone knows for certin?

i do plan on making a exp off character at every lvl ending with a 9 all the way up so ill eventually find out through testing but good to know about the possibility at least i wont be surprised/disappointed if it is this way and if its not i will have a happy surprise so theres that thanks for the info
For 39s, I am sure.

Idk about BFA and SL raids.

Users who are viewing this thread