What is the best profession for a mage/MW monk at 84? Also what should i stack as MW?

twinkheaven

Legend
I had a 84 fire mage since the start of MOP and now about to twink up a mistweaver monk to DPS.
I currently have engineering maxed out on both these toons.
I recently dropped jewelcrafting that I had on the mage which was for when i was twinked out at 70 and recently started tailoring on the mage but would like to here others opinions.

Jewelcrafting in my opinion sucked hard since the only MOP gem i could socket was serpent's eye 160 intellect and 320 pvpresil/power gem in the hood of alchemical vapors but since it is not a yellow gem, i would be missing out on the 160 intellect from the bonus anyways so i considered it a waste.

Another question I have is what should i stack as a mistweaver monk thats focused on DPS?
My main source of dps is the crackling white thingy, and some occasional jabs and blackout kicks. Mastery seems like a waste...i still run out of mana quite fast....so maybe spirit.....or haste/crit?

Re: What is the best profession for a mage/MW monk at 84? Also what should i stack as

Here's what you do:
Unlock xp
Level to 85
Lock xp
???
Profit

Re: What is the best profession for a mage/MW monk at 84? Also what should i stack as

Either that or delete your toon

why are u guys such fags its a serious question

How do I dps as healer?
I'm totally not a facerolling moron.

Jeez, quit trolling this guy. Back to OP, I find Haste Stacking very effective as MW Twink as it allows your Lightning to gain more ticks, and also your HoTs to gain more ticks. Tailoring would be BiS on both these classes and I would stick with engineer, some great CDs for engineers.

It's general opinion that 84's are disliked in the 80-84 bracket. It's similar to 24's in the 20-24 bracket. I think they are suggesting to go to 85 because it may be a better bracket (I actually do not know what the 80-84 and 85-89 brackets are currently like).
Sorry that I cannot give any constructive opinion on your account; but maybe Engineering and Tailoring on the Mage.

How do I dps as healer?
I'm totally not a facerolling moron.

UR fuckin dumb as shit.
84 Disc priests are topping the charts in bgs currently.
Right now as a 82 Mistweaver i was also able to solo illidan since this lame ass 500 ilevel tank died with the 2 fel flames rofl

Jeez, quit trolling this guy. Back to OP, I find Haste Stacking very effective as MW Twink as it allows your Lightning to gain more ticks, and also your HoTs to gain more ticks. Tailoring would be BiS on both these classes and I would stick with engineer, some great CDs for engineers.

THANK U! I was thinking of spirit since I seem to find myself OOM when im getting trained by the whole horde team in bg's lol. Or even when I was soloing Illidan I found myself very mana starved.

Now that you tell me that I get more ticks on lightning, I will try with a haste setup for DPS

Someone needs an attitude check....

Anyways, the reason I said what I said is because 84's is really underplayed and not fun at all. You'll almost never get arena procs, and in BG's you get facerolled because 84 & skilled don't go hand in hand, it's one or the other. Every 84 I have ever encoutered is a backpeddling 2 button pressing scrub with more health than brains. 80 is fun although the MoP items are kinda destroying this bracket. Just level you toon to 85. you have much more twinking possibilies, you'll get way more BG procs and arena procs. The community is just that much bigger.

I was honestly saying level to lvl 85 just because the bracket would be better for monks and the fact (being a lvl 80 twink myself) why play an 84 in the bracket lol i just dont get it and i mean i personally dont care for lvl 84 twinks so i was just saying my honest opinion and i am just i am not alone here lol

Anyways, the reason I said what I said is because 84's is really underplayed and not fun at all. You'll almost never get arena procs, and in BG's you get facerolled because 84 & skilled don't go hand in hand, it's one or the other. Every 84 I have ever encoutered is a backpeddling 2 button pressing scrub with more health than brains. 80 is fun although the MoP items are kinda destroying this bracket. Just level you toon to 85. you have much more twinking possibilies, you'll get way more BG procs and arena procs. The community is just that much bigger.

K but im asking about a profession and what to stack for a mistweaver focused on dps instead of healing...ur comment seems totally out of the blue. Did I ask your opinion about the 85 bracket? It's like asking to how to get a girl's # and then you saying to go fuck a tranny rofl.

My server is dead as shit when it comes to 70/80/85 twinking PVP. Even end game is barely alive. Thus while I would love to arena on all brackets, not one person does it. If YOU would like to make a 85 on my server to arena, then I might think about leveling my fuckin toon to 85. And currently I have 2 80 TWINKS, so please stfu. With the recent scaling BS patch 5.2, bg's are complete dogshit on my 80s against 84's. However I don't bitch at the 84's, I simply bitch at Blizzard.

There are shitty 84s no doubt like Fuaf on US but I have met plenty of skilled players who have over 2.2k rating in arenas. If you or papewiao want to keep crying about 84's then make a DETAILED 85 guide.

For example prot warriors and their stupid OP shield slams. Did I enjoy getting one shotted in leveling bg's? NO. Was I pissed at how stupidly unbalanced that was? YES. However I dont fuckin moan and cry to the warriors that are one shotting me.. ITS BLIZZARD. I'll just plan to re-level a prot warrior and twink it at every level while leveling rofl.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was honestly saying level to lvl 85 just because the bracket would be better for monks and the fact (being a lvl 80 twink myself) why play an 84 in the bracket lol i just dont get it and i mean i personally dont care for lvl 84 twinks so i was just saying my honest opinion and i am just i am not alone here lol

Please link me armories of 85 MW monks. I am really interested in seeing its potential.Maybe I can Ring of Peace spam the 85 sun-luters and piss them off.

I play 84 to faceroll 80s. Simply that. I find it much more fun then 24 vs 20. Then going up against a skilled 84 player and killing him is super fun. Since it is not as stupid as 80 vs 80, whoever gets the opener.
Then when you are against 2 or 3 84s by yourself.... you have to have skill to cc one while nuking the other one or eventually learn how to.

Also the 84 community is much smaller. You go up against the same 84's back to back almost every bg so you know who is who. Currently alliance tends to get farmed since there are so many crappy geared/useless 80s against 84 horde premades which is pretty lame, but killing those premade comps are a lot of fun.

K but im asking about a profession and what to stack for a mistweaver focused on dps instead of healing...ur comment seems totally out of the blue. Did I ask your opinion about the 85 bracket? It's like asking to how to get a girl's # and then you saying to go fuck a tranny rofl.

My server is dead as shit when it comes to 70/80/85 twinking PVP. Even end game is barely alive. Thus while I would love to arena on all brackets, not one person does it. If YOU would like to make a 85 on my server to arena, then I might think about leveling my fuckin toon to 85. And currently I have 2 80 TWINKS, so please stfu. With the recent scaling BS patch 5.2, bg's are complete dogshit on my 80s against 84's. However I don't bitch at the 84's, I simply bitch at Blizzard.

There are shitty 84s no doubt like Fuaf on US but I have met plenty of skilled players who have over 2.2k rating in arenas. If you or papewiao want to keep crying about 84's then make a DETAILED 85 guide.

For example prot warriors and their stupid OP shield slams. Did I enjoy getting one shotted in leveling bg's? NO. Was I pissed at how stupidly unbalanced that was? YES. However I dont fuckin moan and cry to the warriors that are one shotting me.. ITS BLIZZARD. I'll just plan to re-level a prot warrior and twink it at every level while leveling rofl.

You make me laugh so hard, please, continue

Ahh... Gotta love stupid people

Hey guys I'm struggling to kill people with 1/3 my hp and 1/5th my damage.
Sometimes it takes 3 whole seconds for someone to die!
If you criticize me, I'll bring up irrelevant points.

Please respond.

to be honest i made an 84 twink that i loved but i ended up deleting it because as a lock, it was too easy. no skill required, no challenge. it was very boring. i found myself doing more pve than pvp. there are very few 84s that know what they are doing and yes blizzard did screw up scaling for 80s.

regarding your original post. you can level tailoring to get your leg enchant, then you have options. depending on your trinkets you could
1) keep tailoring
2) level herbalism
3) level engineering
4) level alchemy

I assume you have this trinket. The on use effect is shared with synapse springs so you won't be able to stack, however you can get 30 seconds of +2,000 spell power. No offense, but for the skill-less this is what most people do and they prob make some marco that pops both everytime because at that level that's all you need to do. Combine with the random cloak proc for another +2,000 int and you can just pretty much roll your hands on the keyboard as you feel good for killing that level 80 dk with 20k hp. This makes engineering and tailoring pretty good.

However, there is also Lifeblood, an on use 29.5% haste increase that can be used with trinket or gloves with a minor heal that is insignificant. I can confirm that if you level tailoring for the leg enchant and drop it, it won't require you to keep tailoring, only the cloak enchant requires this.

Finally there is alchemy. Now if you were 80, this is the go too profession, imo, after leveling tailoring because secondary stats of the elixirs scale so good at that level (outside of bgs). I believe with mixology, the bonus is +40 for battle and guardian and +80 for a flask.

Anyways, there you go. Maybe you're playing 84 to beat other 84s or maybe it's to roll noobs to feel better about yourself. To each their own.

1) proc......You keep using that word. - YouTube

2) just because u play bad 84s doesnt make every 84 bad. someone does need an attitude check, and its you.

Users who are viewing this thread