What happens at lvl 70?

dharokowns

Legend
Do you que for bg's in the all 70 bracket like it was before wotlk?

Or is it also 70-79 now?

What if you don't have wotlk installed?

I want to twink something without everybody else being a twink/without leveling up at all, so I'm trying to figure out if thats possible.

if you dont have WotLK installed you do not have to shut off xp, meaning you can que for the lever BG without gaining xp. wsg, ab, eots are all 70-79...but a twink in t6/6.5 or s4 can hold their own against leveling 70-79s...and can dominate if you get a solid group of friends. AV is 61-70 so you will be top dog there. you can also grab a friend or two and start a rated arena team (doesnt matter if you have BC or WotLK, xp on or off for arena). all in all 70 is a pretty fun bracket if you liked BC content

yes, i do say

I second what Falkor said. Lately, I have seen a lot of 70 twinks in the battlegrounds, so it does have some growing popularity. Even with just moderate level 70 gear, the PvP is fairly balanced with the diminishing difference between player's level and gear quality. What this means is that a completely new player won't get constantly steamrolled as seen in the lower brackets, however a fully twinked out player will still have some challenges which keeps it fun.

The best way to get started in the bracket is to obtain a full set of the BC reputation PvP gear. (honored with five or so of the major factions) The stat itemization and gemming slots available from these items provides a new player with a great base with which they can acquire the Honor gear and begin playing arenas. With the new call to arms system, it is possible for an individual player to get ~400 arena points a week at the lowest. Even at that rate, you can get a best-in-slot brutal piece in just a few weeks!

Ugghhh, man how I loved TBC, I never thought of it like this - but damn makes me wish I didn't level my glaived rouge out of the 70 bracket, haha. How popular is the 70 bracket? If i don't get my account unlocked, I am considering starting fresh, and maybe staying on a TBC or even a Vanilla account xDD

70s pretty popular. theres threads on the vindication forums saying the 2v2 teams (and thats not even all of them). i get rated arena pops at all times of the day (2v2...not sure if 3v3 or 5s are popular altho i wanna suggest that to everyone since its more points). and then we grp que with xp on, rape horde and hold flag in mid and just afk with 1 min left - something you wont have to do with BC capped.

i have done arenas, usually solo and lose. doing so i get 261 points every tuesday that's for at least 10 games per week. on the last WSG call to arms weekend, i had to do them till i won for 25 arena points for the day for 4 days. so 361 points are obtainable per week, unless you have the time, comp, and another player to get the team over 1500....to start getting more points.

2 vs 2 is about only thing i have heard players doing

playing in 70-79 wsg/ab/eots can be challenging, at times more fun imo, than going into 61-70 av.

some players who have 70's on a wotlk account tend to get bored, because all they have is 2's arena, dungeon finder, or getting in on BC raids 80's may run. many get pissed when they find out they will level if they BG and no BGs pop once XP is turned off.

a starting 70 twink guild on my server was planning doing BC raids, and premade BGs, etc....however i was the only one who could do BGs and stay a 70. many didn't know about the XP in the BGs

shanker said:
i have done arenas, usually solo and lose. doing so i get 261 points every tuesday that's for at least 10 games per week. on the last WSG call to arms weekend, i had to do them till i won for 25 arena points for the day for 4 days. so 361 points are obtainable per week, unless you have the time, comp, and another player to get the team over 1500....to start getting more points.

2 vs 2 is about only thing i have heard players doing

playing in 70-79 wsg/ab/eots can be challenging, at times more fun imo, than going into 61-70 av.

some players who have 70's on a wotlk account tend to get bored, because all they have is 2's arena, dungeon finder, or getting in on BC raids 80's may run. many get pissed when they find out they will level if they BG and no BGs pop once XP is turned off.

a starting 70 twink guild on my server was planning doing BC raids, and premade BGs, etc....however i was the only one who could do BGs and stay a 70. many didn't know about the XP in the BGs

arent u the guy with the cool rog bank alt?

Users who are viewing this thread