What expansion procs what now?

Yep. Here’s the best breakdown I can do for people who are curious/ are wanting to start farming these places:

First you need the items you actually need to drop, and the Bosses in these dungeons have pretty massive loot tables. Some items have a relatively high drop chance and you’ll see them constantly, like Fleshrender’s Meathook, Painbringer’s Crystal, Gug’Rokk’s Grandmother etc. But others(like most shoulders, for example) have drop chances that hover in the 1-2% range; however, they typically drop 3 or 4 versions( e.g Leafmender’s Mantle/Blackwater Spaulders etc). So this bumps up your odds a little bit depending on how picky you want to be with secondary stats.

Then you have to consider the actual procs. As someone else pointed out in another thread, the priority of procs looks something like this: Warforge>Tertiary>Socket .Blizzard never officially gave the Warforge chance from a regular 5man, but in my experience, I would say it hovers around the 7-10% mark(a 10% hard tuning would seem too high, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what it’s actually set to.) Tertiary and Socket are definitely lower, and I would say you’re looking at around a 5% chance for either(with socket being slightly less prioritized on the stack).

So for both conditions to occur for leather shoulders – since I used it above, for drop + WF—you’re looking at roughly a .00595 chance(~1 in 170). The good thing for someone who is needing all or most of their gear is that the odds will go up a lot when you consider they need 15 slots of gear and it’s not just limited to one particular piece. In the first 50 runs, there’s a good chance you’ll have something useful. The problems arise when you’re hunting for just 1 or 2 things or you’re going for multiple procs at once. Think about the Enforcer’s Stun Grenade for example—that’s set to a ~10% drop chance and is one of the highest on the loot table for Dugru(which is actually really, really high when it comes to WoD dungeons). There’s rogues that ran docks over 300 times looking for that thing to WF

If you’re going for BiS and want sockets/terts on top of it, that .00595 turns into .0002975(~1,120). if you want all three(WF +Tert+ Socket for a specific item—leather shoulders in this case), you’re looking at .000014875(~1 in 67,226), and we’re basically getting into Jackhammer territory at that range.
So basically:

Regular WF for all or nearly every slot --> Extremely doable after several hundred runs(Slagmines takes 5 minutes to clear if someone is running youand using the lava jump method after means you can run this place at an extremely high clip and get what you need in a few weeks).

WF+Socket or Tert for Every Slot -->Possible after several thousand runs for an extremely dedicated person, running these places for months on end. Not my cup of tea, but some people will try it, and I respect the hustle.

WF + Socket + Tert For every Slot --> have the luck of Jesus Christ himself or, better yet, just live your life
I wonder what's faster/less insane. Run dungeons 14x1120 times for each equipment or create new character as long as you need to when hunting for all epic upgrades from dungeon quest rewards. I recently got 2x epic upgrade of socketed gear on my sham and its beyond broken combo, I can see some dedicated people actually do something like making fresh 20s and hunt for the quest gear

Absolutely on specific pieces, like the TBC socket rewards. Not all of them at once maybe, but a 3 socket epic chest from mana tombs quest would be pretty sweet... that's a crazy investment, but I've seen people talk about having done worse.

You really could just base a new toon around something like that. Great concept, although torturous. Might try.

edit- in my head quest rewards could proc double like drops, that's probably not how it works. If anyone gets one I'm in.

(Originally envisioned 4 socket epic chest, that'd be sweet)

I wonder what's faster/less insane. Run dungeons 14x1120 times for each equipment or create new character as long as you need to when hunting for all epic upgrades from dungeon quest rewards. I recently got 2x epic upgrade of socketed gear on my sham and its beyond broken combo, I can see some dedicated people actually do something like making fresh 20s and hunt for the quest gear
That's a good question and, to be honest, I really don't know how much more efficient that could be. If I had to guess(and if someone kept making level 20s + doing the quests), it could probably give decent results. But WG is right, it could end up being pretty torturous for sure haha

I remember one guy posting his progress quite a while ago right after normal quest rewards began to upgrade, and there were some that had really inflated stats... he rerolled and leveled to 20 enough times to get the 3 best of those epic upgrade on 1 toon.

That's crazy to me, but also cool as hell once they accomplish it.

Yep. Here’s the best breakdown I can do for people who are curious/ are wanting to start farming these places:

First you need the items you actually need to drop, and the Bosses in these dungeons have pretty massive loot tables. Some items have a relatively high drop chance and you’ll see them constantly, like Fleshrender’s Meathook, Painbringer’s Crystal, Gug’Rokk’s Grandmother etc. But others(like most shoulders, for example) have drop chances that hover in the 1-2% range; however, they typically drop 3 or 4 versions( e.g Leafmender’s Mantle/Blackwater Spaulders etc). So this bumps up your odds a little bit depending on how picky you want to be with secondary stats.

Then you have to consider the actual procs. As someone else pointed out in another thread, the priority of procs looks something like this: Warforge>Tertiary>Socket .Blizzard never officially gave the Warforge chance from a regular 5man, but in my experience, I would say it hovers around the 7-10% mark(a 10% hard tuning would seem too high, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what it’s actually set to.) Tertiary and Socket are definitely lower, and I would say you’re looking at around a 5% chance for either(with socket being slightly less prioritized on the stack).

So for both conditions to occur for leather shoulders – since I used it above, for drop + WF—you’re looking at roughly a .00595 chance(~1 in 170). The good thing for someone who is needing all or most of their gear is that the odds will go up a lot when you consider they need 15 slots of gear and it’s not just limited to one particular piece. In the first 50 runs, there’s a good chance you’ll have something useful. The problems arise when you’re hunting for just 1 or 2 things or you’re going for multiple procs at once. Think about the Enforcer’s Stun Grenade for example—that’s set to a ~10% drop chance and is one of the highest on the loot table for Dugru(which is actually really, really high when it comes to WoD dungeons). There’s rogues that ran docks over 300 times looking for that thing to WF

If you’re going for BiS and want sockets/terts on top of it, that .00595 turns into .0002975(~1,120). if you want all three(WF +Tert+ Socket for a specific item—leather shoulders in this case), you’re looking at .000014875(~1 in 67,226), and we’re basically getting into Jackhammer territory at that range.
So basically:

Regular WF for all or nearly every slot --> Extremely doable after several hundred runs(Slagmines takes 5 minutes to clear if someone is running youand using the lava jump method after means you can run this place at an extremely high clip and get what you need in a few weeks).

WF+Socket or Tert for Every Slot -->Possible after several thousand runs for an extremely dedicated person, running these places for months on end. Not my cup of tea, but some people will try it, and I respect the hustle.

WF + Socket + Tert For every Slot --> have the luck of Jesus Christ himself or, better yet, just live your life

Here is my summary of a bit over 5000 drops between 2 chars:
upload_2022-11-25_0-28-14.png

In those 665 runs so far, i got 2 wf + tert + socket, only one of them usable on my main (druid). Also, just something to consider, here are my rough clear times (for a full cycle):

Mines: ~4:45 min
Docks: ~4:55 min
Auch: ~5:25 min
Grounds: ~3:20 min (!!!)

So if the item you need is in the Grounds loot table, it definitely has the highest drops per minute rate, and farming it would be the fastest.

View attachment 22147

In those 665 runs so far, i got 2 wf + tert + socket, only one of them usable on my main (druid). Also, just something to consider, here are my rough clear times (for a full cycle):

So if the item you need is in the Grounds loot table, it definitely has the highest drops per minute rate, and farming it would be the fastest.

You are soloing grounds in 3:20?

It has to be legacy cuz he said he got an unusable item.

edit- saying run by high level, 1 drop per boss each so that's why his twinks only got 1000 from 4 bosses over 250.

View attachment 22147

as long as the run time is less than 6 min, it doesn't even matter.

View attachment 22147

Very interesting. Lots of good stuff here. Based on your summary, it looks like the gap in drop chance between Tert and Socket on the stack is even larger than I thought. My guess was that it was around a ~2% difference or so, but if it's more like 4-5%, that's crazy.
Thanks for sharing!

WF+socket is 0.3%, that's crazy, twinking is literally more intensive than end game in terms of time investment right now.

WF+socket is 0.3%, that's crazy, twinking is literally more intensive than end game in terms of time investment right now.
Yeah but its kind of fun to have something always to do on your 20s now to not get bored esp with pvp borked.

Honestly getting the iron docks trinket to drop on my paladin was irritating so I doubt I have the stamina to just farm all day long for that perfect piece.

But I will log on nearly every other day and run WoD dungeons a half dozen times and hope to get lucky. Just a piece or two with epic/sock/tert will be fun.

Dont really have an "end game" activity to drive me want farm up a BiS toon since the only pay off game wise is just faster pve anyways.

That being said I think with the new epic gearing that will boost stam along with power curve could actually make a 20pvp a lot better than prior if they ever get rid of the 29s.

You are soloing grounds in 3:20?
Yea, as mentioned in other comments, all runs are done in legacy with a lvl 50 DK. 1 drop per boss per char 100% of the time, so 4 drops per run.
[doublepost=1669365453,1669365365][/doublepost]
as long as the run time is less than 6 min, it doesn't even matter.
Well, for me its easier to think about it as a 35 min farm with a 25 min break than a 55 min farm with 5 min break. But in therms of max available drops, you are right, yea.
[doublepost=1669365734][/doublepost]Overall its a nice farm experience as you keep getting different upgrades which makes it exciting. Here are the unique drops I have saved so far (vendoring all unusable items), and I am pretty sure there are many people with way bigger stashes.
upload_2022-11-25_10-41-27.png

[doublepost=1669365900][/doublepost]
Another good thing is you get a proper speed set for PvE stuff in the future.
upload_2022-11-25_10-44-55.png

That's a good question and, to be honest, I really don't know how much more efficient that could be. If I had to guess(and if someone kept making level 20s + doing the quests), it could probably give decent results. But WG is right, it could end up being pretty torturous for sure haha

we just need to wait for another new player called Werlin .. then we have Berlin Merlin Werlin
[doublepost=1669378100,1669377768][/doublepost]
Overall its a nice farm experience as you keep getting different upgrades which makes it exciting. Here are the unique drops I have saved so far (vendoring all unusable items), and I am pretty sure there are many people with way bigger stashes.View attachment 22150
[doublepost=1669365900][/doublepost]
Another good thing is you get a proper speed set for PvE stuff in the future.
View attachment 22151
dont keep your things too long .. and dont keep too many of them if they are from AH .. blizzard had in the past destroyed stuffs that costs me guild banks worth .. this recent changes in ilvl .. so far destroyed 40+ of my guild banks .. thats based on only 4 of my accounts .. i dont want to even check the remaining .. many are shipped in from other realms to fill my collections .. the other day a player said the ilvl changes made him wanna stop playing .. i too have the same sentiments .. just make sure you keep whatever is good for 2 or 4 years ..

we just need to wait for another new player called Werlin .. then we have Berlin Merlin Werlin
[doublepost=1669378100,1669377768][/doublepost]
dont keep your things too long .. and dont keep too many of them if they are from AH .. blizzard had in the past destroyed stuffs that costs me guild banks worth .. this recent changes in ilvl .. so far destroyed 40+ of my guild banks .. thats based on only 4 of my accounts .. i dont want to even check the remaining .. many are shipped in from other realms to fill my collections .. the other day a player said the ilvl changes made him wanna stop playing .. i too have the same sentiments .. just make sure you keep whatever is good for 2 or 4 years ..
Ahm, all of those are bind on pickup boss drop. Keeping them for years or days does not make a difference.

View attachment 22147

Love this! ^

I've been solofarming WoD drops for a while, since I've had all my characters on the same account for some time now. The op thing about soloing was that I have guarranteed drop every boss, and I can stealth there.
Judging from other posts in the thread, it seems that is the case with Legacy loot aswell?

Transferred my main to 2nd account last night. I have a feeling I won't regret that :ez:

Love this! ^

I've been solofarming WoD drops for a while, since I've had all my characters on the same account for some time now. The op thing about soloing was that I have guarranteed drop every boss, and I can stealth there.
Judging from other posts in the thread, it seems that is the case with Legacy loot aswell?

Transferred my main to 2nd account last night. I have a feeling I won't regret that :ez:

If you only have high lvl char + your 20, they will both get an item every boss. We tried with a third char (another 20) and the drop rate was not 100% anymore.

How is the excel chart constructed? Seems very nice.

If you only have high lvl char + your 20, they will both get an item every boss. We tried with a third char (another 20) and the drop rate was not 100% anymore.

In legacy it's 2 drops per boss for WoD, and most dungeons. Legion is different (sucks) and I dont even know if BfA is legacy or not. Running 3 or more characters isnt a bad thing if you have the accounts/friends to do it cuz it lower the number of times that the high level will get one of the drops... although they still seem to get the item you're after almost every time. :kms:

I feel like WoD might not drop both for legacy mode if you log out the high level and solo the boss with the twink, tho? It still might, dont blindly follow that.... but be aware it might be that way if you wanna try it.

Also concerning multiple characters, remember that if you have two with the same armor type that you cant always trade items that would be upgrades for the toon looting it. I've had a couple nice drops that the extra toon was unable to trade.

(edit- so far as soloing, it used to be that you would get 1 usable drop each if you 2-manned WoD bosses, 100% of the time. May have changed, or just took too long for me... not sure. But then 2 toons of the same armor type would be ideal)

Last edited:
I feel like WoD might not drop both for legacy mode if you log out the high level and solo the boss with the twink, tho? It still might, dont blindly follow that.... but be aware it might be that way if you wanna try it.

Got 2 items off the 3rd boss in Bloodmaul Slag Mines a couple days ago after logging out on the high level. Took a while to kill, so not much, if any, time saving. I guess moreso it's just annoying whacking away at something for minutes versus one shot. :p

Users who are viewing this thread