What expansion procs what now?

Krittykreme

Gummibear (HPala) / Caffine (Mage)
Maybe there is a thread on this already, but has anything changed in regards to what procs what now? For some reason I thought there was chatter about that changing.

i.e. Can BC proc epic/Legion proc gems etc

Loving these epics now. Most beat gemmed bc.

So far no epic upgrades outside of WoD, but dungeons just got fixed as far as proper level drops.

Vanilla and TBC dungeons confirmed to proc socket or tertiary so far. The grind just got real. ;)

So far no epic upgrades outside of WoD, but dungeons just got fixed as far as proper level drops.
Yeah I noticed I can finally wear my drops. I hope the ilvl stays the same on epics. Some of the epics are just straight up better than gem slotted BC stuff.

I can only imagine how the pvp bracket is atm though with the ilvl stats on the epic gear 27s/29s can get. I did like one so far and I saw a 10k hp rogue lmao.

Either way, I still like all of these changes. PVP was already semi borked pre merge. Now it just has to be completely intolerable.

Lots of grinding to be done to keep you busy making a bis toon to mess around on pve.

edit* I just got a gem proc on a WoD piece and Im pretty sure i havent seen that although I think it was possible pre patch. Maybe it just happens more now. Epic off sets with tertiary and gem proc seems like a fun grind.

Yeah I noticed I can finally wear my drops. I hope the ilvl stays the same on epics. Some of the epics are just straight up better than gem slotted BC stuff.

I can only imagine how the pvp bracket is atm though with the ilvl stats on the epic gear 27s/29s can get. I did like one so far and I saw a 10k hp rogue lmao.

Either way, I still like all of these changes. PVP was already semi borked pre merge. Now it just has to be completely intolerable.

Lots of grinding to be done to keep you busy making a bis toon to mess around on pve.

edit* I just got a gem proc on a WoD piece and Im pretty sure i havent seen that although I think it was possible pre patch. Maybe it just happens more now. Epic off sets with tertiary and gem proc seems like a fun grind.

Epic WoD gear with socket was possible even before the patch.

What item level drops in WoD dungs now? Because right after patch it required lvl 40 to equip blue gear.
Has it been fixed?
What item level are epics from WoD dungs? Can epics be equipped?

Epic WoD gear with socket was possible even before the patch.
Yeah it was possible, but I never saw one and I ran it a ton for some trinkets. I just got one out of like 4 runs.

Could be luck. Could be drop change.

As far as level goes, its 61 ilvl blue and 87 epic. Stam weight at 87 is 10p 15st 8/9 on two secondaries. For plate its 30 armor on my shoulders which is like 50% more than blue.

A lot of pieces as epics are better than gem slotted 61ilvl BC blues because if you are running split gems you only lose 1 primary and the secondaries you can get like twice as many and they can be better. Also you get more stam.
[doublepost=1669185916,1669185675][/doublepost]Also Ill note if someone else hasnt, higher level gems like SL gems read like they give you more stats, but they scale down to BC level once equiped so 12str becomes 3str once you drop it in.

Same as everywhere else I think 61 blue 87 epic and yes you can equip now. Before they were coming out at 120ilvl blue and level 40 restricted.

The rogue you saw with 10k hp prob had that fishing rod equipped in his fishing profession, tho thats been fixed now. When phase 2 of prepatch came live it gave us 310stamina lmao.

Vanilla cannot proc socket (or chance is extremely low).

Vanilla and TBC dungeons confirmed to proc socket or tertiary so far. The grind just got real. ;)
I ran BC dungeon normal mode.. It gives leech 3rd stats.. Will do more run and see what else they have

Just an update.. Gotten socket rings in bc dungeon as a lvl19 ilvl59

Last edited:
Not from the POV of a 20, but my 60 was getting tert procs on wrath gear. Never saw a socket or a warforged piece though. This was after 40 runs of TotC during the free play period from the 17th-20th.

Just S-T-F-U and let people who arent wrong every single time they post handle the information.
Someone needs a snickers lmao

Just an update.. Gotten socket rings in bc dungeon as a lvl19 ilvl59
Nice. If WOD is the only one procing epic then it will definitely be the best offsets.

ilvl 87 epic ring/neck w/ socket, leech/speed procs sounds so juicy.

Im just going to wait it out a bit before a crazy grind to make sure the ilvl 87 sticks because that really seems imba currently.

It's a loooooong grind for epic/socket/tertiary... just be aware. Nothing else to do now tho as long as they dont un-grandfather enchants so it's a grind that will always give you something to do.

:D

You deserved a headpat.

*headpats*

Dont get me wrong, epic/tert or epic/socket isnt such a bad grind... but getting all 3 on even one piece is pretty rare. To attempt to get every slot all 3 with the stats you want will be an amazing feat i seriously doubt anyone will ever do.

A lot of stuff is worth it even just getting epic, especially some of the trinkets. Irons docks has some great stuff to get.

For both 20 and 29, which is nice. But for 20 especially as their options were always limited.

Dont get me wrong, epic/tert or epic/socket isnt such a bad grind... but getting all 3 on even one piece is pretty rare. To attempt to get every slot all 3 with the stats you want will be an amazing feat i seriously doubt anyone will ever do.

A lot of stuff is worth it even just getting epic, especially some of the trinkets. Irons docks has some great stuff to get.

For both 20 and 29, which is nice. But for 20 especially as their options were always limited.

Yep. Here’s the best breakdown I can do for people who are curious/ are wanting to start farming these places:

First you need the items you actually need to drop, and the Bosses in these dungeons have pretty massive loot tables. Some items have a relatively high drop chance and you’ll see them constantly, like Fleshrender’s Meathook, Painbringer’s Crystal, Gug’Rokk’s Grandmother etc. But others(like most shoulders, for example) have drop chances that hover in the 1-2% range; however, they typically drop 3 or 4 versions( e.g Leafmender’s Mantle/Blackwater Spaulders etc). So this bumps up your odds a little bit depending on how picky you want to be with secondary stats.

Then you have to consider the actual procs. As someone else pointed out in another thread, the priority of procs looks something like this: Warforge>Tertiary>Socket .Blizzard never officially gave the Warforge chance from a regular 5man, but in my experience, I would say it hovers around the 7-10% mark(a 10% hard tuning would seem too high, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what it’s actually set to.) Tertiary and Socket are definitely lower, and I would say you’re looking at around a 5% chance for either(with socket being slightly less prioritized on the stack).

So for both conditions to occur for leather shoulders – since I used it above, for drop + WF—you’re looking at roughly a .00595 chance(~1 in 170). The good thing for someone who is needing all or most of their gear is that the odds will go up a lot when you consider they need 15 slots of gear and it’s not just limited to one particular piece. In the first 50 runs, there’s a good chance you’ll have something useful. The problems arise when you’re hunting for just 1 or 2 things or you’re going for multiple procs at once. Think about the Enforcer’s Stun Grenade for example—that’s set to a ~10% drop chance and is one of the highest on the loot table for Dugru(which is actually really, really high when it comes to WoD dungeons). There’s rogues that ran docks over 300 times looking for that thing to WF

If you’re going for BiS and want sockets/terts on top of it, that .00595 turns into .0002975(~1,120). if you want all three(WF +Tert+ Socket for a specific item—leather shoulders in this case), you’re looking at .000014875(~1 in 67,226), and we’re basically getting into Jackhammer territory at that range.
So basically:

Regular WF for all or nearly every slot --> Extremely doable after several hundred runs(Slagmines takes 5 minutes to clear if someone is running youand using the lava jump method after means you can run this place at an extremely high clip and get what you need in a few weeks).

WF+Socket or Tert for Every Slot -->Possible after several thousand runs for an extremely dedicated person, running these places for months on end. Not my cup of tea, but some people will try it, and I respect the hustle.

WF + Socket + Tert For every Slot --> have the luck of Jesus Christ himself or, better yet, just live your life

Users who are viewing this thread