What do you know about your SF's history?

Rayu

OG
Question to those who have one or more Shadowfangs in their possession, also goes for Assassin's Blade owners, might be interesting.

I got my first SF 3 months ago, I was at Obsidian Sanctum on my main when a rl friend invited me into his group and gave me a red-ribboned gift box which contained the sword. He had bought it for 900G from a guildie who had obtained it from unknown sources. Free sword for me. =]

My second one I bought about a week ago, for 2.5K gold. A level 80 DK was selling it in trade for 1K, I offered, but right after that people started spamming trade that he could easily get 6K or more so he didn't sell it to me. I told him later that night that I would pay him 2.5K any time for a SF, but not a coin more. Next day he wanted 5K, after that 3.8K, then I realized he was farming gold on his main for epic flying, and I just waited till his offer dropped to 2.5K. =] He had (if the story is true) gotten it as a gift from a low-level he had boosted through DM on his main.

I have mine dual-wielded and enchanted with dual lifestealing.

I got my SF on my rogue during TBC. Bought if for around 200g off the AH from a guy who basically controlled the twinking market. He always had multiple SF's on him and always sold them way overpriced. That was back when 200g was a lot for a SF imo.

I don't have a story for every single one of them, but I do remember some stories about SF's and AB's + Pendulum of Dooms.

I got my very first Shadowfang as a drop in SFK on my warlock, over 5 (or 6) years ago. I needed on it because I thought blue = better than green. I enchanted it with Beast Slaying for the glow and continued leveling my warlock.

When I started twinking they were on AH all the time. I bought my first one for 50g and I thought it was expensive as hell. I also got one in a drop in SFK a bit later while boosting my brother. I gave it to him so that he could make a rogue aswell. We also bought 2 AB's then for a couple of gold each since there weren't many twinks back then.

Shadowfangs appeared on the AH all the time and it wasn't hard to get, but after one certain patch they became really really rare. Shadowfangs costed about 1-1.5k now.

I also had a Pendulum of Doom on my alt, unequipped. So I leveled my warrior to 39 and equipped it for lulz, just because it was expensive and I couldn't be arsed to sell it. I got a second POD just a few days after that. A random dude in trade was selling it for 20g, so I whispered him as fast as I could.

I also remember one time... I got really really drunk. Totally wasted. When I woke up the next day I had 3 Shadowfangs on my paladin twink with 3 different enchants, and all my gold was gone. They didn't cost half of what they do now though, but I wish I could see my face the moment I realized what I had done.

The other shadowfangs I have got don't have a real story behind them. Bought them off the AH/trade, enchanted them and equipped them.

Expensive but whatever.

Theyzha_Retnux said:
Uhm I want to the AH; searched Shadowfang; saw several on there; bought one; went to the mailbox; ???; profit.

Lol that works also. But more info as in what expansion and how much did you buy it for?

During early TBC, first summer with TBC I think I saw a SF @ the auction house for 100g. Sadly at that time I was 19 with my main (twinked all my chars @ x9) and I had no cash to spend on the SF. If I could've afforded it back then I would've had the 19 twink the day today, since I couldn't afford it I informed my cousin who bought it for his lvl 19 rogue with the 4 stam engi head, defias boots, crappy gloves.. You get the deal. Don't think he got more than 1-2k kills on that toon.

Probably the crapiest SF twink ever.

EDIT: This isn't a "my SF story" though, it's a "SF that should've been mine story"

The one shadowfang i have actually floated between alot of owners on my realm.

Started off as a drop for some guy in a high end raiding guild, kept it for a few months because he intended to twink, but he kept making horrible twinks so he always deleted. He eventually quit the game and handed the sword to a guildie of mine, he wouldnt sell it for anything. This guildie also quit the game, who passed it to a friend in his mains raiding guild. At this point i was going nuts because i knew all these people and they wouldnt sell it to me.

One day, i go in the AH, and i see the last owner posted it up for 4k. I was rich at the time, skinning had been very kind to me leveling to 80, so after convincing myself that "4k isnt really that much" i bought it.

i still havent equiped it so who knows who'll get it next:p

I got my first Shadowfang for 300g + a Flurry Axe (o_O)

I got my second SF by trading AB that I bought for 225g (post-nerf)

^ I bought AB for 225g (post-nerf)

I found AB after a few SFK runs while farming for AB and SF (not sure if it was before or after the nerf)

Bought Resilience of the Scourge for 2,5K and sold it for 7500G (6K + 1,5K worth of items) like 1 hour later.

Mine was farmed by some lowbie that probably had no idea what it was bcuz when he put it on the auction house for 3g and i bought it 5min later, he whispered me and said "omg thank you so much, im rich now!!" this was during tbc

WTT shadowfang for computer

i totally cant wait til someone does a new thread about this same topic and says "i got mine from superhp from twinkinfo.com, i traded him a computer that was laying around my house for it. best deal ever!!"

=P

go to the thread WTT shadowfang for computer

you send me the comp, i pay for shipping you get a shadowfang..

About a year and a half ago I had just joined my first raiding guild, and was hanging out on vent just listening to people. One of my guild members was chatting with another and mentioned that she had a SF drop for her while running a friend today, and wasn't sure how much it was worth. The guy she was talking to said; "Eh, just put it on the AH for 100g or so". I just piped up "I'll take it!" and that was that.

About a year later I had been obsessively checking the AH for twink items in general (I like to keep a small stash of stuff I'd picked up cheap to help out friends) and saw not one, not two, not four, 3 SF's on the AH. Myself and two other friends each picked up one. I resold mine for 1.5k more than I bought it for, one of my friends is using his on his twink rogue, and the last one is still a mystery to me...

P.S: This was before duel SF's was the best

Users who are viewing this thread